Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 113

Thread: Bob Sutton To Interview With Kansas City

  1. #1

    Bob Sutton To Interview With Kansas City

    The Daily News has learned that the Chiefs requested permission to interview assistant head coach/linebackers Bob Sutton for a position on Andy Reidís staff. Itís unclear whether Ryan granted permission or whether Sutton has gone on his interview. If Sutton leaves, the next step could be a Ryan brothersí reunion.

    (The mass defections continue.)

    SAR I

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,646
    yeah...

    Because Bob Sutton is SOOOO awesome.

    He should have been fired years ago.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    yeah...

    Because Bob Sutton is SOOOO awesome.

    He should have been fired years ago.
    We are stuck with a lousy head coach because our owner thinks he's built a great defense.

    The defensive coaching staff is being gutted because of the circus, the losing, and the lame duck stench on the head coach.

    We have a secondary about to be traded or lost to free agency.

    All is well.

    SAR I

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are stuck with a lousy head coach because our owner thinks he's built a great defense.

    The defensive coaching staff is being gutted because of the circus, the losing, and the lame duck stench on the head coach.

    We have a secondary about to be traded or lost to free agency.

    All is well.

    SAR I
    it's too early for your anti-Jets propaganda.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    yeah...

    Because Bob Sutton is SOOOO awesome.

    He should have been fired years ago.
    Actually, hes one of the best LB coaches in the league and well respected throughout the league. Thats why hes bee retained by every coaching staff from Groh to Herm to Mangini to Rex

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    yeah...

    Because Bob Sutton is SOOOO awesome.

    He should have been fired years ago.

    Why do you think he wasn't?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are stuck with a lousy head coach because our owner thinks he's built a great defense.

    The defensive coaching staff is being gutted because of the circus, the losing, and the lame duck stench on the head coach.

    We have a secondary about to be traded or lost to free agency.

    All is well.

    SAR I
    Genius, Sutton was a carryover from Mangini/Herm/Groh. And you always rant that Rex's defense isn't that good. So, with that reasoning, some of that blame must fall on Sutton, yes? Then good riddance, correct?

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Biggest fear is that Woody gives Rex a pass on next year due to cap, player turnover, having to rebuild entire staff.

    And because it is taking Woody FOREVER to find "the right fit"/someone dumb enough to take the job, that all of the half way decent assistants will be gone.

    Are we actually considering Jim Zorn??

    OMG - its 1995 again.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJets View Post
    Genius, Sutton was a carryover from Mangini/Herm/Groh. And you always rant that Rex's defense isn't that good. So, with that reasoning, some of that blame must fall on Sutton, yes? Then good riddance, correct?
    "The Jets can easily maneuver their way under the cap by releasing linebacker Bart Scott, linebacker Calvin Pace, and safety Eric Smith next month. The problem for the Jets is that leaves them with only 5 defensive players who were starters this year under contract- NT Sione Poíuha, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, LB David Harris, CB Antonio Cromartie and CB Darrelle Revis."

    All is well.

    SAR I

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,646
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    Why do you think he wasn't?
    Because our former GM was a moron.
    Why do you think he was demoted?
    Did you even KNOW this, or are you just a tool?

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Your bedroom window
    Posts
    13,646
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "The Jets can easily maneuver their way under the cap by releasing linebacker Bart Scott, linebacker Calvin Pace, and safety Eric Smith next month. The problem for the Jets is that leaves them with only 5 defensive players who were starters this year under contract- NT Sione Poíuha, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, LB David Harris, CB Antonio Cromartie and CB Darrelle Revis."

    All is well.

    SAR I
    That Sutton is such a miracle worker with linebackers... Whatever will we do?

  12. #12
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,814
    It says he is interviewing "for a position" on Reid's staff. That can mean a couple of things.

    1. He want an opportunity to be a DC and this would be a promotion.
    2. It is a lateral move and he is abandoning ship.

    Sutton is a respected coach but to say our LBs have under-performed is an understatement.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    It says he is interviewing "for a position" on Reid's staff. That can mean a couple of things.

    1. He is going to be a DC and this is a promotion.
    2. It is a lateral move and he is abandoning ship.

    Sutton is a respected coach but to say our LBs have under-performed is an understatement.
    The point is that very few defensive coaches are remaining loyal to Rex Ryan, and we only have 5 returning starters under contract from last season. So this dream of our defense improving next season is severely handicapped by the entire Rex Ryan lame-duck situation.

    Woody Johnson stressed that continuity on the defensive side of the ball was a main reason why he decided to keep the head coach. Not so much. I can't see us retaining both safeties, Revis is probably trade bait, and David Harris stinks. We literally could be looking at only 3 of the 11 starters from last season returning to this team under a decimated coaching staff.

    All is well.

    SAR I

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The point is that very few defensive coaches are remaining loyal to Rex Ryan, and we only have 5 returning starters under contract from last season. So this dream of our defense improving next season is severely handicapped by the entire Rex Ryan lame-duck situation.

    Woody Johnson stressed that continuity on the defensive side of the ball was a main reason why he decided to keep the head coach. Not so much. I can't see us retaining both safeties, Revis is probably trade bait, and David Harris stinks. We literally could be looking at only 3 of the 11 starters from last season returning to this team under a decimated coaching staff.

    All is well.

    SAR I
    You'd be a lot more fun to debate with if you didn't always speak in "what ifs." You need to bring more facts.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post
    yeah...

    Because Bob Sutton is SOOOO awesome.

    He should have been fired years ago.
    +1 Never understood why he was still on the staff.

  16. #16
    Yea Bob Sutton is a huge loss

    How will we ever survive, I cant believe his disloyalty????

  17. #17
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    2,285
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    We are stuck with a lousy head coach because our owner thinks he's built a great defense.

    The defensive coaching staff is being gutted because of the circus, the losing, and the lame duck stench on the head coach.

    We have a secondary about to be traded or lost to free agency.

    All is well.

    SAR I
    Contrarily, is it possible that our defensive coaching staff is being gutted because of how good of a job they did? I mean, to have a top 10 defense with linebackers older and slower than stonehenge is kind of impressive...

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    "The Jets can easily maneuver their way under the cap by releasing linebacker Bart Scott, linebacker Calvin Pace, and safety Eric Smith next month. The problem for the Jets is that leaves them with only 5 defensive players who were starters this year under contract- NT Sione Po’uha, DE Muhammad Wilkerson, LB David Harris, CB Antonio Cromartie and CB Darrelle Revis."

    All is well.

    SAR I
    Meanwhile teams like the Giants, Patriots, Steelers who are lauded here as model franchises do the same thing routinely - jettisoning aging vets for rookies and FA's but when the Jets do it, its a bad thing. Its life with salary cap football. I agree though its poor management that MikeyT and Rex's aversion to vets let the Jets get old in one position like LB. But I'll argue they'll be better w/o Pace, Scott & BT running the 37.6 forty. And you say Harris stinks , well he does when he's the only LB who could pursue a granny, plus the other LB's created so much traffic at times it looked the the BQE at rushhour. Harris had to fight off opposing blockers and his own LBers to even make tackles.
    Last edited by 56mehl56; 01-11-2013 at 08:04 AM.

  19. #19
    Fine with me, all in on a pair of Jacks, would prefer a full house but not a bad play when you are short stack and ready to go home

    Rex does it his way and makes the playoffs or Jets get top pick in 2014

    I am ok with both scenarios, considering the Sanchez contract and lack of depth across the team there is no quick fix and a small chance is better than a complete rebuilding year

    looking forward to the Ryan brothers reunion (have my popcorn ready)

  20. #20
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    19,814
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The point is that very few defensive coaches are remaining loyal to Rex Ryan, and we only have 5 returning starters under contract from last season. So this dream of our defense improving next season is severely handicapped by the entire Rex Ryan lame-duck situation.

    Woody Johnson stressed that continuity on the defensive side of the ball was a main reason why he decided to keep the head coach. Not so much. I can't see us retaining both safeties, Revis is probably trade bait, and David Harris stinks. We literally could be looking at only 3 of the 11 starters from last season returning to this team under a decimated coaching staff.

    All is well.

    SAR I
    SAR, I think this franchise is going down the toilet as we speak. It has been a decent ride since Parcells but I think that is all over. I blame Woody. Rex is a buffoon but he is only getting away with what Woody is letting him get away with. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a repeat of the early '90s. I have little in Rex as a HC, and even less in him as a talent evaluator and/or developer and absolutely ZERO faith in him being able to build an offense.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us