Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bob Sutton To Interview With Kansas City

Rob Ryan Linebackers coach book it!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesR View Post
    Who else do we genuinely WANT to keep? My list is exactly 1 person long - Landry.

You already assume Revis is gone - right now he is a starting player on the Jet D for 2013.

Meanwhile, Coples is under contract and can take over on the DL - in my opinion, he damned well BETTER start, based on his draft position and productivity in 2012. Similarly, McIntyre and Davis at LB - both are at least as good as the aging cripples they can / should replace.

So there's 3 DL, 3 LB, 2 CB's ... 8 of 11 players currently under contract that have (IMHO) at least the same ability level as last year's starters. Who also happen to be (a) younger and (b) cheaper.

I hope to God we draft a top prospect at OLB, then we still have to address both safety spots. Landry I want - not sure we can afford. If so, hey ho, that's the way it goes sometimes - look at our current backups / FA options / draft options. Bell is OK, but not someone I'll lose sleep over if he's not back next year.
    Ummmmm this 100%!!!!

It is the same nonsense on offense and Jets are notorious for this kind of thinking. I remember when folks were saying Hermidinger sucked as an OC because he couldn't somehow turn Brooks Bollinger into Joe Montana...

Now Sutton is somehow holding back mythic LBs..... Ok

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtAshton View Post
    I wouldn't call Leaving to become a DC jumping ship. But spin it anyway you like. Jets were an underachieving team held back by an inconsistent shell shocked QB who at one time had incredible moxie. They made dumb moves these past two off seasons. One was chasing nnamdi whom many people thought woulda been a awesome duo with Revis. and we lost out on good players like brad smith. We signed Holmes over (a healthy)Edwards. Understandable when u re watch those games from 2010 But a terrible move. Signing Timmy as your number 2 knowing what your QB looked like the season before. There's plenty to look at in hindsight. Having a QB playing at a above average level is huge . Have them play below average is just as damning. They wanted Greene to be the guy,a bruiser. He's a bruiser but no YAC. He just trucks you and falls down.

If your gonna play control the clock football turnovers are a killer the jets killed themselves all season. I'm not sure Pennington had 3 redzone picks his entire run with the jets. #6 on the other hand.......

The drafts didn't support the philosophy. We shoulda drafted a guy like Orson Charles or bobby massi,signed Eric Winston. picked up a guy like Chris Polk.

In the end having a franchise QB makes a world of difference. Indy Washington Arizona Seattle Pittsburgh ect can attest to that. Eli plays well giants win he plays badly they lose.
    THANK YOU!!

Please POST MORE OFTEN!!!!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    Hey my friend I see you!!!!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    Why not? Things can't get much worse.

Make Adam Schein the GM, let Huey Lewis be the offensive coordinator, who needs a circus when a demolition-derby is so much more fun?

SAR I

Proved my point

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Why not? Things can't get much worse.

Make Adam Schein the GM, let Huey Lewis be the offensive coordinator, who needs a circus when a demolition-derby is so much more fun?

SAR I
    That statement proves my point that your opinions are based on a personal dislike of Rex's style. Really not substantive,Rob Ryan is most certainly qualified to be anybodies linebacker coach.Am i wrong???

Sutton is a very good position coach, he was a poor DC but is a good addition to a staff.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    What? No way, can't have any of that in New York, have to go to Kansas City to find a professionally run NFL franchise.

SAR I
    I want a SB, KC hasn't done it in ages, either has Andy.

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    If Sutton decides to go to KC, would be interesting. During his tenure with #Jets, he led the push to simplify Rex's defense.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    If Sutton decides to go to KC, would be interesting. During his tenure with #Jets, he led the push to simplify Rex's defense.
    What does that mean?

The point is that very few defensive coaches are remaining loyal to Rex Ryan . . .

SAR I
    ???

The Jets and Pettine parted ways (thank God, given his Deep Throat imitation). And the LBs coach is interviewing with another team (possibly) which would have to be for the DCo position (I doubt the Jets grant permission for Sutton to interview for a lateral move, unless Rex would be bringing Rob in to coach LBs)

seems like some of the defensive coaches know that as long as rex is there, they have less say. makes sense they'd want to leave. and they never had good coaches on offense so who cares who leaves there.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    What does that mean?
    My guess is what he said..We all know the number of 12 men on the field penalties the Jets D had, blown assignments etc which could be a result of players not consistently understanding assignments etc..

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Following up from this morning: I was told Jets assistant Bob Sutton interviewed with Chiefs for DC job yesterday. Hearing he'll be hired

He led The charge to simplify Rex's defense? Makes sense. He was a holdover from the Mangini bend but don't break DEF philosophy. Never fit this defense's philosophy IMHO.

Veteran
    Sutton's been around, demoted by the Jets and stayed on. More than anything the Jets kept him around for his experience alone. I don't recall him getting interviewed before so what's the big deal?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Rookie
    Damn people! When is the last time the Giant's coaches were raided by other teams? This is a Complement to Rex! Other teams like his defense and are trying to get it too. Rex comes here and this defense while not perfect is top ten every year since. Taking Mike Pettine and Bob Sutton means contrary to the popular negative comments Rex is respected around the league!

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    probably the best LB coach in the business

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Me: "But we can't beat winning teams, 1-11 against them since 2010. And we only beat scrubs, pad our stats that way."

SAR I
    We lose to the good teams, because your QB sucks against decent teams, turning the ball over at an alarming rate.

It surely isn't against the defense

Veteran
    Still don't get why one Ryan would work under his twin bro for a fraction of the pay and have no issues.

Also, we'd be going from a circus atmosphere to a full-blown Smothers Brothers comedy act.

Don't see it happening.