Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

Brian Costello‏@BrianCoz

Kansas City Star reporting the Chiefs have hired Bob Sutton as defensive coordinator. #nyj

All Pro
    My question does Rex bring in his brother now?

I read that if sutton gets hired there's a chance of this

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Sounds like sutton is gone
    This is a football forum, Skip Bayless quotes have no place here. What next a Stephen A Smith quote.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    Brian Costello‏@BrianCoz

Kansas City Star reporting the Chiefs have hired Bob Sutton as defensive coordinator. #nyj
    Good for Sutton. Surprising he got a DC job.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    This is a football forum, Skip Bayless quotes have no place here. What next a Stephen A Smith quote.
    That was accident I thought I cut that part off

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    "EVERYONE KNOWS THAT THEY SHOULD HAVE KICKED THE FIELD GOAL ON THIRD DOWN BECAUSE IF THEY MISSED, THEY COULD HAVE TRIED IT AGAIN."
    -NFL savant Stephen A. Smith

All Pro
    JR smith wants Tebow lmao + Albert breer comments on our gm search

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    People walking away from #Jets GM job is happening but the extent to which it is happening is being overstated

Joe Caporoso ‏@TurnOnTheJets
    After 2005 - #Jets were buried. Salary Cap Hell. Supposed to be worst team in the league. No coach. No GM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    means that even when the jets pinned a team back near it's own 20, the jets defense couldn't force a punt there, but rather, they'd allow the other team to get to the 'middle of the field', so even if a drive stalled then, they'd punt and pin the jets back, rather than the jets getting the ball in better field position by forcing a punt deep in opponent's territory.
    Which probably contributed to the fair catch record we set this year.

Veteran
    So let me see if I have this all down correctly- no quality candidate wants to be the General Manager of our team.

Our most respected, recently retired special teams guru and NFL legend Mike Westhoff basically said we have no structure or plan.

The coaching staff of defense, the only side of the game that we're semi-competent in, is being gutted like the fish in Old Man and the Sea.

We still have Rex Ryan.

The future looks bright.

Cleveland

Mike Cairns ‏@MikeCairns5
    Haslam and Banner continuing player personnel / GM position no timetable on.search

So really just Jets and KC for GM position to fill and KC seems to be going to Heckert/Dorsey per Tony Pauline
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-11-2013 at 11:18 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    So let me see if I have this all down correctly- no quality candidate wants to be the General Manager of our team.

Our most respected, recently retired special teams guru and NFL legend Mike Westhoff basically said we have no structure or plan.

The coaching staff of defense, the only side of the game that we're semi-competent in, is being gutted like the fish in Old Man and the Sea.

We still have Rex Ryan.

The future looks bright.
    Don't know what u been reading but everything I'm hearing is the candidates the jets are looking at for gm are quality guys .

We still have Rex Ryan.

The future looks bright.

I think that's a stretch...but the rest is spot on

Herb Zurkowsky ‏@HerbZurkowsky1
    An email from Marc Trestman: "I have not heard from the Bears and have responded in that manner on multiple levels. Thanks."

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I think that's a stretch...but the rest is spot on
    I'm starting to get into Popp, but you have to admit that we're being neglected at every turn with the first ballot GM candidates. DeCosta wouldn't even come out (Ozzie shot Rex down twice for HC in Baltimore.) Polian was a hard NO (not a huge Polian guy but still respected), we got played like a fiddle by Caldwell and Shahid Khan, Gettleman didn't take an interview in his own backyard. Not much word on Ross and Gamble, so we have to turn to a new crop which has consisted of cap guys and Canadian GM's.

I'm starting to get into Popp, but you have to admit that we're being neglected at every turn with the first ballot GM candidates. DeCosta wouldn't even come out (Ozzie shot Rex down twice for HC in Baltimore.) Polian was a hard NO (not a huge Polian guy but still respected), we got played like a fiddle by Caldwell and Shahid Khan, Gettleman didn't take an interview in his own backyard. Not much word on Ross and Gamble, so we have to turn to a new crop which has consisted of cap guys and Canadian GM's.
    The only pure cap guy on the list is Khan. Idzik has had a history with coaching and personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    My question does Rex bring in his brother now?

I read that if sutton gets hired there's a chance of this
    I sure hope so because then we'll be sitting 50 yard line, 1st row. And they'll probably throw in free parking for life. Not even the Jets would be that stupid. Wait a minute, may I retract that last statement, please?

We don't know...Maybe the Jets rejected them...DeCosta said right after the season he wasn't listening to ANY GM requests..

I don't even recall hearing of Gettleman being on the Jets list or any other team's list but Carolina's..

And I still think Popp would be a great hire..Gaine isn't a cap guy and he's been labeled "up and coming" or something to that affect and I would have no problem if he is the choice, as well as Idzik, who seems to be pretty well rounded, cap as well as coaching / scouting experience.

And the "Canadian GM" has been a successful, roster building winning GM for over 10 yrs..JMO but those skills translate to the CFL or NFL...
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-11-2013 at 11:36 AM.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    I sure hope so because then we'll be sitting 50 yard line, 1st row. And they'll probably throw in free parking for life. Not even the Jets would be that stupid. Wait a minute, may I retract that last statement, please?

I mean from a football standpoint I think it's a great move.. Rob's a good Coach.

From a media Standpoint it would just be crazy .

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    The only pure cap guy on the list is Khan. Idzik has had a history with coaching and personnel.
    HAVE to hire a personnel guy, period. Then you can bring in any decent tax attorney who can handle the cap. A heck of alot more people can do numbers better than they can picking good talent. Unfortunately, we have neither.