Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @MMehtaNYDN: I'm told former Eagles OC Marty Mornhinwig is on Jets' OC list. I believe he's interviewing as early as today.

Good QB/OC coach..Terrible HC
    This I would love. Been saying since the day he was drafted that the west coast offense fits Sanchez. If he can be saved, this is the guy.

Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS
    Jim Popp: "I love my job w/#Alouettes. I would like the challenge of turning the #NYJ around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York."

Hire him Woody!

Angry NO decent GM will come to the JETS

Stop drinking the cool -aid If a qualified GM cant pick his own coach why would he bother to go to the Jets. Cause what else would be restricted in choosing ? Woody wake up !!! Bring in a GM that would fire Rex and start anew. Fans need to show their disgust..

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Jim Popp: "I love my job w/#Alouettes. I would like the challenge of turning the #NYJ around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York."

Hire him Woody!
    Get it done Woody!!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Seahawks VP interviewing with Jets today http://wp.me/p14QSB-6Tm0

Quote Originally Posted by franke19 View Post
    Stop drinking the cool -aid If a qualified GM cant pick his own coach why would he bother to go to the Jets. Cause what else would be restricted in choosing ? Woody wake up !!! Bring in a GM that would fire Rex and start anew. Fans need to show their disgust..

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    Maybe if Westhoff spent more time worrying about the special teams instead of worrying about Sanchez/Tebow and the defense we wouldn't have had such a terrible year on special teams.
    A lot of areas were bad and/or sloppy.

That falls on the HC.

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Carolina requested permission to interview Hue Jackson about its OC opening, w/Chud gone. The Jets have also expressed interest in Jackson.

@AlbertBreer: Carolina requested permission to interview Hue Jackson about its OC opening, w/Chud gone. The Jets have also expressed interest in Jackson.

All Pro

Hire him Woody!
    SIGN. THIS. BEAST.

The man is up for the challenge, and he has proven he can build a contender in the CFL. A lot of his business/personnel practices should translate into the NFL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    I'd rather have Gaine or Idzik, but Popp could be a very interesting choice. I'm just concerned about the adjust period from CFL to NFL. These other guys have at least been scouting and have knowledge of NFL players and other NFL teams.. does Popp? How much would he have to rely on his scouting dept this off season?
    Very valid concern IMO.

Did you know the Seahawks hired Pete Carroll BEFORE the team hired a GM?

Did you know Korn Ferry, and Jed H., ran the search for the Seattle GM?

Did you know the Seahawks roster is absolutely stacked, the team wins, and the relationship between the GM and Carroll has by all accounts worked well?

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Very valid concern IMO.
    Again I trust the judgement of Ernie Accorsi and Steve Mariucci who have said that this guy is good.

Wow havent heard this before......hope you enjoy your 30 seconds of fame.....freakin newb

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerfish View Post
    CFL scouts and personnel guys do not just go to west tuscaloosa state to scout for players. They are at the combine, the senior bowl all the places other scouts are (pro days). They also have extensive contacts with college teams much like an NFL org would.

They may only get the 2nd or third tier guys to come to the CFL but it doesn't mean they are not scouting and evaluating almost every one.

In any case I am with you for the other prospects. I really do not want a recycled unsuccessful gm of the ilk of Angelo.
    Except he was referring to NFL personnel.

All League
    *kool-aid

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Did you know the Seahawks hired Pete Carroll BEFORE the team hired a GM?

Did you know Korn Ferry, and Jed H., ran the search for the Seattle GM?

Did you know the Seahawks roster is absolutely stacked, the team wins, and the relationship between the GM and Carroll has by all accounts worked well?
    It's okay don't worry, he is one of those nonsensical Jets fans who feel the entire team is unsalvageable. We already gave him the face-palm.

Jets Insider VIP
    See this bothers me.

The media is specifically reporting that GM candidates are turning the Jets down because of the salary cap

If the reason was Rex, the media would have gone with that because that is the spicier reason.

But they specifically have said the cap situation.
    Where are these reports that the reason is solely the cap?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Panthers ask permission to talk to Hue Jackson for OC job http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TmK

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    PFW's @kfishbain on Mike Pettine's aim to turn the #Bills into an attacking defense in 2013 - http://bit.ly/XWQ7o6

Yes he isn't bad.
    To show interest in Morningweg means that Sanchez is in trouble IMO. Pass happy offense with a guy proned to throw interceptions and a low completion percentage....not a fit.