Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

All League
    I'm surprised it took westhoff that long to go off about teblow, westhoff never has a problem speaking his mind, and he is 100% right by the way.

Steve Bateman ‏@SteveBateman99
    Here's a link to the Mike Westhoff interview on WQAM: http://wqam.com/index.php?page=727 … #Jets

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I'm still waiting for the unveiling," Westhoff said of secret Tebow offense. #nyj

Westhoff said you could see a "demeanor change" and a loss of "swagger" from Tim Tebow. #nyj

Westhoff said problem w/ Sanchez was when the burden was placed solely on his shoulders. Needs an entire O designed around him, he said #nyj

Westhoff calls out #Jets D. Says they were "suspect" in middle field. Says special teams would pin tms inside 20, D would let them up to 50.

Westhoff said the middle and bottom of the #jets roster was destroyed by the top-heavy salary cap.
    Last edited by AbstraKt; 01-11-2013 at 09:55 AM.

@SteveBateman99: Westhoff: "If you put Tebow in a drop-back passing scheme he'd be average at best". Not really ideal for a QB then. #Jets

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    What was he talking about?
    I don't know, but I'm assuming he's talking about Manish. Paraphrasing Boomer Esiason just said on the radio something to the effect that Manish "breaks" a story and takes credit for something that Cimini wrote about.

@SteveBateman99: Westhoff: "The offense needs to be designed around Mark. I'd like to see him get out of the pocket more often". #Jets

Imagine that, a coach that believes in adjusting the system to his players strengths... what a concept!!

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Westhoff: After 2010, the "burden was thrust on Mark (Sanchez) + that's too much for him ... But it's more than MS's fault, believe me."

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Former STC Mike Westhoff on WQAM Miami radio today. Says #Jets use of Tebow was "an absolute mess ... a distraction and really a shame."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I'm still waiting for the unveiling," Westhoff said of secret Tebow offense.

Westhoff said problem w/ Sanchez was when the burden was placed solely on his shoulders. Needs an entire O designed around him, he said

Westhoff calls out #Jets D. Says they were "suspect" in middle field. Says special teams would pin tms inside 20, D would let them up to 50.
    CMART THANK YOU!!!!

And as usual Westoff is right on point and he points out that the defense is better statistcially then they really are!!!!

All League
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    As to rumors of Bears hiring Trestman- Trestman has not heard from them since interview. Was not informed if would be a finalist ...

The Bears still have more interviews ahead during their exhaustive search for their next head coach
    Thanks for posting. JJ talking out of his butt. There is still a little hope the .

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Westhoff on Sparano: "He's very quiet, you don't see him much." Added: "I don't know when he eats...I KNOW he eats but..." Oh man. This guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    CMART THANK YOU!!!!

And as usual Westoff is right on point and he points out that the defense is better statistcially then they really are!!!!
    And therein lies Rex's delusion. The D almost always sh!t the bed in a big spot. Yardage rankings are worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
    Apparently, ex-#Jets ST coach Mike Westhoff is going off on use of Tim Tebow in New York on @560WQAM. Expect audio to surface soon.

Was anyone listening?
    It's easy to find a link to listen-http://wqam.com/

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    @SteveBateman99: Westhoff: "The offense needs to be designed around Mark. I'd like to see him get out of the pocket more often". #Jets

Imagine that, a coach that believes in adjusting the system to his players strengths... what a concept!!
    Have you watched Mark throw from outside the pocket the past two years? He was not as mobile as he was as a rookie. And his accuracy wasn't as good on the run either. Not sure what happened. But it was a strength of his early in his career. The past couple of years, this year especially, he wasn't as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    CMART THANK YOU!!!!

Welcome! And completely agree about the D...Been saying it for a few years now (of course it's unpopular by many)

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post

THIS IS MADNESS...

IMAGINE A COACH SAYING THAT AN OFFENSE SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUILT AROUND THE NUMBER 5 PICK IN THE DRAFT AS OPPOSED TO A 1950'S APPROACH TO WINNING GAMES!!!!

The idea that you would draft a QB and then go about to systematically go AWAY from his strengths is a SICKNESS and MADNESS and yet folks still don't get it!!

I still say it again this organization should have made Westoff HC!!!!!!

Welcome! And completely agree about the D...Been saying it for a few years now (of course it's unpopular by many)
    Not a good year for Westoff to be spouting off when his special teams were awful/

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by jetlifer View Post
    And therein lies Rex's delusion. The D almost always sh!t the bed in a big spot. Yardage rankings are worthless.
    Exactly. Teams played us ultra conservatively be ause of how bad the O was.

Hall Of Fame
    Listening to the interview . . . Westy is very high on Pettine. Says he will do wonders with Buffalo.

All Pro
    These beat writers really don't like each other. Must be a high pressure beat.

For those thinking Westhoff would badmouth Tebow… think again.

In all his years of coaching, Tebow ranks as one of his favorite people/players ever. He's said he has a special bond with him.

Let him keep talking, maybe it will salvage some sort of Tebow trade value.

All Pro
    Some of the Westhoff comments

Don't think he like sparano but then again none of us did.
    Last edited by Scoop24; 01-11-2013 at 10:11 AM.