Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

Manish Mehta @MMehtaNYDN
    Heard last night that Chiefs requested permission to interview Bob Sutton. Now, I'm hearing Sutton will be Chiefs defensive coordinator. #nyj

In today's @nydailynews, I wrote that a departure by Bob Sutton could pave the way for Rob Ryan to join Rex as part of Jets defensive staff

My understanding is Dennis Thurman would likely still be promoted to DC. If Rob Ryan joined Jets, it'd be with different title. #nyj

I'm told that Rob Ryan prefers to land a defensive coordinator job. However, if that doesn't happen, it's possible he'd join Rex and Jets

It sounds like SOMEONE is talking outta their a-s. Both Manish and the Jets have been known to do so... what do?

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
    Apparently, ex-#Jets ST coach Mike Westhoff is going off on use of Tim Tebow in New York on @560WQAM. Expect audio to surface soon.

Was anyone listening?

Quote Originally Posted by AbstraKt View Post
    Alex Marvez @alexmarvez
    Apparently, ex-#Jets ST coach Mike Westhoff is going off on use of Tim Tebow in New York on @560WQAM. Expect audio to surface soon.

Was anyone listening?
    What was said?

Alex Marvez @alexmarvez

Was anyone listening?

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    Have not heard Westhoff audio yet, but remember, he is trying to be a TV analyst now. Keep that in mind.

All League
    Per PFT, Jimmy Johnson tweeted Trestman is going to be the Bears new HC. I guess he isn't waiting on Popp.

All League
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    I find it amusing, and sad, when a reporter credits himself for someone else's story. He knows who he is.

Manish is an ahole, even Cimini knows this...

Jets Insider VIP
    Alex Marvez @alexmarvez

Was anyone listening?
    I wish he would keep his mouth shut until we get rid of him. His trade value just went down.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimitri_0515 View Post
    What was said?
    I like Westy but he certainly didn't finish on a high note. Maybe he said something like...

"Tebow gives us team the best chance of winning... and by winning, I mean having our special teams move up to the top 20."

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    I find it amusing, and sad, when a reporter credits himself for someone else's story. He knows who he is.

What was he talking about?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I wish he would keep his mouth shut until we get rid of him. His trade value just went down.
    Tebow is not the one talking. Westhoff is no longer a Jet. He's trying too land a TV job..So he will talk, just like LT, Woody, Jenk, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    I am curious too--what person and article is Cimini talking about??

Quote Originally Posted by Yankeejet22 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini

Says the dude known to pull talking points from this very website...

Jets Insider VIP
    Ummmm rather than randomly knock Westoff will someone post what he said.....

Good Grief

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Former STC Mike Westhoff on WQAM Miami radio today. Says #Jets use of Tebow was "an absolute mess ... a distraction and really a shame."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr
    "I'm still waiting for the unveiling," Westhoff said of secret Tebow offense.

Westhoff said problem w/ Sanchez was when the burden was placed solely on his shoulders. Needs an entire O designed around him, he said

Westhoff calls out #Jets D. Says they were "suspect" in middle field. Says special teams would pin tms inside 20, D would let them up to 50.

JOHNSON: We're Making Changes, Moving Forward
    Posted Jan 8, 2013

REX RYAN: Mr. Johnson talked about some of the changes we’ve made. Currently, we’re looking for two coordinators. Ben Kotwica is going to replace Mike Westhoff as our special teams coordinator. Obviously that’s some huge shoes to fill. Mike Westhoff was a legendary special teams coach and it was a privilege for me to coach with Mike for four seasons. If you want to know how big those shoes are, just ask Westy [joking]. I love Mike. He’s basically trained Ben Kotwica for this opportunity.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/arti...a-549982975c84

shots back and forth...
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-11-2013 at 10:56 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Former STC Mike Westhoff on WQAM Miami radio today. Says #Jets use of Tebow was "an absolute mess ... a distraction and really a shame."
    Completely agree.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    Queue the Westy hate.

He is 100% correct BTW.

@JasonLaCanfora: The Bears still have more interviews ahead during their exhaustive search for their next head coach

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I interpret that as him believing that Ryan and Sparano mis-used him and didn't exploit his unique talents.

Not necessarily a trade-value hit.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    Says the dude known to pull talking points from this very website...
    Quote Originally Posted by tfine350z View Post
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    Per PFT, Jimmy Johnson tweeted Trestman is going to be the Bears new HC. I guess he isn't waiting on Popp.
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    As to rumors of Bears hiring Trestman- Trestman has not heard from them since interview. Was not informed if would be a finalist ...

The Bears still have more interviews ahead during their exhaustive search for their next head coach