Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL
    Chiefs announce hires of Doug Pederson as offensive coordinator and Bob Sutton as defensive coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Eye on Football ‏@EyeOnNFL
    Chiefs announce hires of Doug Pederson as offensive coordinator and Bob Sutton as defensive coordinator.
    BUT THEY DON'T HAVE A GM YET!

/whiners

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    But they don't have a GM? What are they doing?

Seriously.
    To be fair, the Chiefsare not exactly a model franchise.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Carroll coached in the NFL before and failed miserably.

Can't say the same about Rex
    58-54 is failing miserably?

Oh that's right, we're back to the 2 AFCG's game argument again. Psst. That was 3 years ago.

Who was a hotter available coach than Pete Carroll in 2010?

Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Chiefs announce Pederson as OC, Sutton as DC. Other assts: Eric Bienemy (RBs), Tommy Brasher (DL), Matt Nagy (QBs), David Culley (assoc. HC)

Hall Of Fame
    If they were going to hire Cohen, they would have done it by now, got it?

Besides you want to talk career suicide?
    No. They can still do their search. Even if they plan on hiring Cohen it is good to pick people's brains. I think Woody is using this as an opportunity to familiarize himself with the league. I think part of the reason why he hired Korn/Ferry was b.c he wasn't full aware of who all the candidates were.

It is potential career suicide for anyone who accepts the job. Just like it could be for our next OC. Whoever takes the job is stepping into a very difficult situation.

Hall Of Fame

/whiners
    They have Andy Reid.

Not apples to apples.

Keep trying.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Hearing the Browns will be parting ways with defensive coordinator Dick Jauron. Could come down today as Chudzinski meets with staff ...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Also continue to hear that there is a very good chance Norv Turner joins Chudzinski in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    It's OK to be negative, but this "IT"S NEVA
    H WORKED TO HIRE A GM BEFORE THE COACH!!!!!11" simply isn't true. Seattle did it and it worked.

Has it not worked elsewhere? I'm sure, but it HAS worked in SEA.

If in 3 yrs we could get to Seattle's level right now we'd all be happy, right?
    No. We got there in one year keeping the gm and replacing The coach four years ago.

Jets Insider VIP

/whiners
    Andy Reid was going to pick his coaches regardless.

Should Rex be picking his coaches if there's a chance he won't be here next year?

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    No. They can still do their search. Even if they plan on hiring Cohen it is good to pick people's brains. I think Woody is using this as an opportunity to familiarize himself with the league. I think part of the reason why he hired Korn/Ferry was b.c he wasn't full aware of who all the candidates were.

It is potential career suicide for anyone who accepts the job. Just like it could be for our next OC. Whoever takes the job is stepping into a very difficult situation.
    Then Jeff Cappellini, a columnist for CBS New York.com and WFAN.com, lied when he tweeted that that the Scott Cohen interview was "Been talking to various people close to situation all day and the consensus is Cohen will not be promoted unless roof caves in. #Jets #NFL"

Then I tweeted him to be sure and he said that anything could happen but his people told him that that interview was a courtesy, but if everything fell through, he could be.

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Chiefs made it official that Bob Sutton is their new DC. Jets have openings on defensive staff at LBs, OLBs and defensive backs.

Hall Of Fame
    Then Jeff Cappellini, a columnist for CBS New York.com and WFAN.com, lied when he tweeted that that the Scott Cohen interview was "Been talking to various people close to situation all day and the consensus is Cohen will not be promoted unless roof caves in. #Jets #NFL"

Then I tweeted him to be sure and he said that anything could happen but his people told him that that interview was a courtesy, but if everything fell through, he could be.
    How is that a lie? He said the "consensus" (which I am pretty sure is a bunch of opinions) was that Cohen was a courtesy interview and backup plan. That can be the case AND he still gets the job.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    Chiefs made it official that Bob Sutton is their new DC. Jets have openings on defensive staff at LBs, OLBs and defensive backs.
    Rex's acolytes and staff certainly are popular...

Thurman interview requests refused, Pettine to Buff as DC (really not a lateral move - everyone knows), Sutton to Cleve

Quote Originally Posted by King P View Post
    Carroll coached in the NFL before and failed miserably.

Can't say the same about Rex
    What does that have to do with anything? The reality is that he was a really hot prospect when the Seahawks brought him on so they didn't wait around to find a GM to run the team they brought him in.

Same with Andy Reid.

I like Rex (I think he'll do much better at his next coaching gig) but he's not a hot commodity. The issues that the organization had with the cap, media leaks, Tebow, players talking **** about other players to the media, etc - these are all things that suggest leadership is needed. And in a lot of organizations that means a full-fledged GM who is there to run all football operations.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    How is that a lie? He said the "consensus" (which I am pretty sure is a bunch of opinions) was that Cohen was a courtesy interview and backup plan. That can be the case AND he still gets the job.
    No because that changed when the CFL executive came out and said:

""I would like the challenge of turning the #Jets around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York." - Jim Popp"

This indicates to me that the roof isn't caving in and that there is a candidate that ACTUALLY WANTS TO BE THERE.

If all of the candidates had said "We don't want to be there" then they would go to Cohen. This quote today changes that motif.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by fnordcircle View Post
    What does that have to do with anything? The reality is that he was a really hot prospect when the Seahawks brought him on so they didn't wait around to find a GM to run the team they brought him in.

Same with Andy Reid.

I like Rex (I think he'll do much better at his next coaching gig) but he's not a hot commodity. The issues that the organization had with the cap, media leaks, Tebow, players talking **** about other players to the media, etc - these are all things that suggest leadership is needed. And in a lot of organizations that means a full-fledged GM who is there to run all football operations.
    Someone gets it.

Sutton is gone! rejoice!

Hall Of Fame
    No because that changed when the CFL executive came out and said:

""I would like the challenge of turning the #Jets around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York." - Jim Popp"

This indicates to me that the roof isn't caving in and that there is a candidate that ACTUALLY WANTS TO BE THERE.

If all of the candidates had said "We don't want to be there" then they would go to Cohen. This quote today changes that motif.
    I have completely lost track of your argument.

What exactly proves that Cohen won't be the GM? That it is someone's opinion that he was a courtesy interview and backup plan in case things fell through. And since someone said they want to be the GM that proves things haven't fell through. Therefore Cohen won't be the GM.

My point is that things don't need to fall through for him to become the GM. I think he has Rex supporting him. And that could lead to him becoming the GM.