Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I heard that the Jets are also planning on interviewing me, but it's not confirmed yet.

IF ELECTED, I WILL LEAD THE NEW YORK JETS TO A LEVEL OF MEDIOCRITY THAT WE HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!
    I would rather you GM than Cohen.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Well supposedly we are interviewing Idzik and two mystery candidates today.
    I know you're only stating what has been reported, but what's the point on having mystery candidates? They can only be people that we don't need permission to interview. That means it's either former GM's (AJ Smith, Pioli), CFL GM's (Popp) or 2nd interviews. This whole process has been very frustrating.

I would rather you GM than Cohen.
    Cause I haven't been under Tanny's balls, right? Yeah, I'd say that makes me a pretty strong candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by norm428 View Post
    I know you're only stating what has been reported, but what's the point on having mystery candidates? They can only be people that we don't need permission to interview. That means it's either former GM's (AJ Smith, Pioli), CFL GM's (Popp) or 2nd interviews. This whole process has been very frustrating.
    Agreed but I like the fact they are being as thorough as possible. We MUST get this right.

If it's Popp that's a good thing because if he was turned off by the conditions that were sensed, he wouldn't have come back.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Cause I haven't been under Tanny's balls, right? Yeah, I'd say that makes me a pretty strong candidate.
    That makes any individual a strong candidate, even Manish.

To fans with the current state of social media..10 yrs ago this was the norm (no pun intended)

Well supposedly we are interviewing Idzik and two mystery candidates today.
    Mystery candidates: Joey Clunkerscales, and M. Tannenbaum

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    RT @MMehtaNYDN: I'm told former Eagles OC Marty Mornhinwig is on Jets' OC list. I believe he's interviewing as early as today.

Good QB/OC coach..Terrible HC

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    RT @MMehtaNYDN: I'm told former Eagles OC Marty Mornhinwig is on Jets' OC list. I believe he's interviewing as early as today.

Yes he isn't bad.

Seth Walder ‏@SethWalderNYDN
    Westhoff on Francesa, talking about Tebow: "I pictured…a multi-faceted role. It never quite materialized." #nyj

Westhoff doesn't know why Jets built up Tebow package so much. "Sit with Rex and ask him to take it apart for you." #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    Good for Sutton. Surprising he got a DC job.
    If this is true, start the count down to Andy's firing./ Sutton is a disaster. I still have no0 idea how he was kept on our team, in any capacity
    including craft services, for so long.

Good, crash and burn KC.

Westhoff on Tebow: "Being there every day, I never saw it as a distraction." #nyj

Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    If this is true, start the count down to Andy's firing./ Sutton is a disaster. I still have no0 idea how he was kept on our team, in any capacity
    including craft services, for so long.

Good, crash and burn KC.
    Yeah he was the DC during the Favre year and our defense (especially passing defense) was bad that year.

Westhoff said the factors that supported Sanchez in first two seasons were "absent" this year. #nyj

Westhoff says new ST coordinator Ben Kotwica is "brilliant" and that he could have been with another team several years ago. #nyj

Boring, compared to this morn. RT @mjlrosie: @SethWalderNYDN Francesa not getting the pound of Jet flesh he was hoping for from Westhoff.

Hall Of Fame

Now we're talking.

He has been on some very good coaching staffs and has done some good work with QBs.

Veteran

That would be a huge upgrade for us, but why wouldn't he go to KC with Reid??

That would be a huge upgrade for us, but why wouldn't he go to KC with Reid??
    No idea..Maybe he does't want to relocate....Or like Pettine, get out of Reid's shadow..