Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 1.11.13 - Tweets, News & Updates

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    With Bob Sutton taking over as Chiefs new d-coordinator, Jets defensive staff has a shortage of experienced coaches. Rex needs veteran guys
    LOL wut?

Jets Insider VIP
    How terrible is Manish when he makes Cimini look like a respectable journalist in comparison?

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by BleedGreen314 View Post
    I'm not disagreeing with you on any of that. But for whatever the real reason may be, we're just not generating the interest that a top tier NY team should generate. It's pretty frustrating.
    These guys are human too. They don't know the Jets and can only go by some of what the media prints. The NY media is also a factor in guys not wanting to take this job also. Really who wants to take the kinds of heat rounds your gonna get daily being in charge of the Jets? I'm sure some of them feel they cannot make even one mistake in this market. Everyone calling for your head and following your family around taking embarrassing pictures will be the norm. The NY media got away with it and now it will become the norm for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How terrible is Manish when he makes Cimini look like a respectable journalist in comparison?
    Terrible enough to flat out lie on SNY about Rex's denial (Manish=
    that conversation with Rex was off the record ) about the content of Manish's "Rex wants to be fired" tall tale he ran in the NYDN.

The sooner people stop visiting his NYDN stories on the web, buying the NYDN and block him on twitter the sooner we'll be rid of this troll.

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    With Bob Sutton taking over as Chiefs new d-coordinator, Jets defensive staff has a shortage of experienced coaches. Rex needs veteran guys

THANK GOD for this tweet. This probably stopped Rex from hiring a bunch of high school and DIII college coaches as his assistants!

Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    See this bothers me.

The media is specifically reporting that GM candidates are turning the Jets down because of the salary cap

If the reason was Rex, the media would have gone with that because that is the spicier reason.

But they specifically have said the cap situation.
    Guess that destroys the nobody wants Rex theory.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I wonder if it's the Daily News culture. Manish was good at his other paper and then he comes to the News and becomes a hack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    I wonder if it's the Daily News culture. Manish was good at his other paper and then he comes to the News and becomes a hack.
    Manish used to be LOVED around here. It's the paper- he's just doing his job.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Per @Edwerderespn, the Dallas Cowboys have reached agreement with Monte Kiffin to become their defensive coordinator.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Per @Edwerderespn, the Dallas Cowboys have reached agreement with Monte Kiffin to become their defensive coordinator.

Seems like a slow news day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

amazing how quiet things have got in Jetland after Pettine left the building.

Well supposedly we are interviewing Idzik and two mystery candidates today.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    amazing how quiet things have got in Jetland after Pettine left the building.
    Haha, yeah. Mike "Deepthroat" Pettine.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    Yeah, I know. I was expecting Manish to be making up some ****, though. I'm disappointed.

yeah..we heard that the other night but not much mentioned about it since then..weren't the two ex-GMs? Besides Angelo?

Pioli?

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    Manish used to be LOVED around here. It's the paper- he's just doing his job.
    Exactly! You see the DN online version..It's all TMZ crap..worse than The Post

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    yeah..we heard that the other night but not much mentioned about it since then..weren't the two ex-GMs? Besides Angelo?

Pioli?
    I heard Pioli wants to take a year off. I would not touch Pioli anyways after the job he did in KC. The two ex-GM's were reported by Coz but no one else. Honest to god who knows anymore.

I heard Pioli wants to take a year off. I would not touch Pioli anyways after the job he did in KC. The two ex-GM's were reported by Coz but no one else. Honest to god who knows anymore.
    OK..thanks.

I heard that the Jets are also planning on interviewing me, but it's not confirmed yet.

IF ELECTED, I WILL LEAD THE NEW YORK JETS TO A LEVEL OF MEDIOCRITY THAT WE HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Marc Trestman says he hasn't gotten Bears job http://wp.me/p14QSB-6Tjc