Thread: Still no Joe??

Still no Joe??

I really can't understand why Joe Klecko can't get into the HOF. It seems to me the criteria use to determine if a player is worthy is based on two or three things. Was he in the top two or three of the best @ his posisiton in the time he was playing? I would say hell ya. The other is the stats the player accumulated in his years of playing. He is right there. The third I would hope is the opinon of his peers. I have seen interviews with HOF players like. Dwight Stephenson and John Hannah, both played vs Joe in the division. Both said you were in for a long hard day when you saw Joe. Is this a Jet bias thing? WTF. Let the guy in already.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    I really can't understand why Joe Klecko can't get into the HOF. It seems to me the criteria use to determine if a player is worthy is based on two or three things. Was he in the top two or three of the best @ his posisiton in the time he was playing? I would say hell ya. The other is the stats the player accumulated in his years of playing. He is right there. The third I would hope is the opinon of his peers. I have seen interviews with HOF players like. Dwight Stephenson and John Hannah, both played vs Joe in the division. Both said you were in for a long hard day when you saw Joe. Is this a Jet bias thing? WTF. Let the guy in already.
    For Jet fans we know Joe deserves to get in;however, most of the voters are not from NY and their decisions are subjective. Everyone has an agenda.

Klecko

My understanding is Joe got alot of people in involved in a business venture,that lost alot of people oodles of money

My favorite jet of all time. Hannah said he was one of the best, that is good enough for me to think he should be in.

Objectivley. The onlt things I can see that hurt his chances. His first couple years and last few. He used the first two developing as a player. He lost his last two to injury. There was a lot of Sandy Kofax in the middle.

Only player to be all-pro at d tackle, nose tackle and d end. Not bad.

He played for the JETS as a deciding factor, all else being equal, THAT alone hurts his chances.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    My understanding is Joe got alot of people in involved in a business venture,that lost alot of people oodles of money
    Really? Never knew that one.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Objectivley. The onlt things I can see that hurt his chances. His first couple years and last few. He used the first two developing as a player. He lost his last two to injury. There was a lot of Sandy Kofax in the middle.
    You must be young Joe was a beast from year one and that was 1977...

All Pro
    If Joe didn't hurt his knee(in 82), and stayed the dominant pass rushing DE he was from 77-82 he would have been a first ballot HOFer. The cheating Shula, and the Mud bowl keep the Jets from winning the SB that year, along with the coaching change to from Micheals to Walton, all hurt his chances.Even so he should still go in now.

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    My favorite jet of all time. Hannah said he was one of the best, that is good enough for me to think he should be in.
    Yup and Dwight Stephenson said he was the toughest guy he ever had to go up against.

Joe made all Jets fans proud. A guy who brought it every week. He will always be beloved by Jets fans.

Hall Of Fame
    well guys we all support Joe being inducted in the Hall of Fame.

Lets start a letter writing campaign to try to influence the electors. Winston Hill should be in the Hall as well.

We have one of these threads yearly but never follow through as a group. it can work if we try!

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

He perjured himself in court testifying for a friend against his insurance company.