Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Westhoff Speaks re Tebow

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They are crying because he never was given a chance in NY, I think. Most believe Woody used Tebow's media frenzie to sell PSLs.

He's a milliionaire and set for life. Does plenty of commercials etc. I think set for life and most here would swap financial situations with him.
    Aww, the poor thing!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They didn't win that game, wth are you talking about?

LOL your pic is so large I couldn't respond; anyway, Heisman Trophy in 2007 and appearing on BCS National Championship-winning teams in the 2006 and 2008 seasons.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL your pic is so large I couldn't respond; anyway, Heisman Trophy in 2007 and appearing on BCS National Championship-winning teams in the 2006 and 2008 seasons.
    That's nice. He still finished like this:

TROLOLOL!

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stay in your lanes.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's nice. He still finished like this:

TROLOLOL!
    Who is that? Wallace Wright ?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Who is that? Wallace Wright ?
    One Sir Timothy Richard Tebow.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty, I feel bad for the guy. He wanted it more than anyone, had so much hype surrounding him, only to become a backup who will probably end up in the AFL/CFL because he just wasn't as good as his hype said he was.

It's unfortunate really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBWxiu5cOo

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty, I feel bad for the guy. He wanted it more than anyone, had so much hype surrounding him, only to become a backup who will probably end up in the AFL/CFL because he just wasn't as good as his hype said he was.

It's unfortunate really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUBWxiu5cOo
    I'm not a Tim Tebow guy but I'd like to see what he could do with Chance Warmack at guard running a non vanilla wildcat offense. They would probably do pretty well and set the Jets back.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a Tim Tebow guy but I'd like to see what he could do with Chance Warmack at guard running a non vanilla wildcat offense. They would probably do pretty well and set the Jets back.
    Even as a non-Tebow guy, and vocal anti-Tebowite activist, even I have said that Tony Sparohno completely and utterly ****ed up the "wildcat". It was nothing more than, "Ok, Tim. They're gonna direct snap the ball to you, just run forward into the guards for 2 yards, ok? Fantastic."

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    More interesting then his comments on Tebow, was his claim that the Jets defense failed----Lord Rex is not a genius.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Jets need "Team Building" the same as the Chargers:

Team building!

Tom Telesco, the Chargers’ new general manager, took to the podium earlier this week, and the key phrase he used was “TEAM building.”

Telesco went on to explain that everything he knows about how to build a team, he learned from his mentor Bill Polian.

Polian has known Telesco since his high school days in Buffalo, N.Y., where Tom grew up with Bill’s sons. When Telesco decided to get into scouting, it was Polian who hired him in Carolina, then took him for the ride to Indy.

During that time, Telesco was getting his Ph.D. in football from one of the original “football guys.”

To understand what Telesco meant about “team building,” we went to the source: Bill Polian.

Bill, we asked, what did Telesco mean when he used this phrase?

Polian then explained why the Chargers hired Telesco, because he will be the anti-A.J. Smith.

According to Polian, the general manager must set a tone within the organization of communication and respect. Polian described how the GM must work hand in hand with the head coach building the roster. The GM need not dictate who is in or out, rather consult with the coach as to who the coach needs or wants.

Had A.J. been a better student of Bill’s — and he had the chance to be that in Buffalo — he might have consulted with the coach about decisions on key players, and many of them might still be wearing a Chargers uniform.

On the communication front, Polian went on to describe an open-door policy in which players, coaches, trainers and even ball boys could stop by and talk to the GM.

That didn’t happen with the prior regime, as described by Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers last week, when he said he had virtually no relationship with A.J.

Point is, this young man, Tom Telesco, will take the Chargers organization, based on who he learned from, and make everyone within it feel like they have ownership, whereas we know how the last GM ruled.

This phrase “team building” is likely what convinced Chargers President Dean Spanos to hire Telesco. Spanos knew there was a lack of organizational unity.

“This job isn’t just about picking players,” Spanos said. “How do you make it all work? How do you unify the team? I don’t think we had that.”

You didn’t have that Dean, but you have it now!

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I think the Jets need "Team Building" the same as the Chargers:

Team building!

Tom Telesco, the Chargers’ new general manager, took to the podium earlier this week, and the key phrase he used was “TEAM building.”

Telesco went on to explain that everything he knows about how to build a team, he learned from his mentor Bill Polian.

Polian has known Telesco since his high school days in Buffalo, N.Y., where Tom grew up with Bill’s sons. When Telesco decided to get into scouting, it was Polian who hired him in Carolina, then took him for the ride to Indy.

During that time, Telesco was getting his Ph.D. in football from one of the original “football guys.”

To understand what Telesco meant about “team building,” we went to the source: Bill Polian.

Bill, we asked, what did Telesco mean when he used this phrase?

Polian then explained why the Chargers hired Telesco, because he will be the anti-A.J. Smith.

According to Polian, the general manager must set a tone within the organization of communication and respect. Polian described how the GM must work hand in hand with the head coach building the roster. The GM need not dictate who is in or out, rather consult with the coach as to who the coach needs or wants.

Had A.J. been a better student of Bill’s — and he had the chance to be that in Buffalo — he might have consulted with the coach about decisions on key players, and many of them might still be wearing a Chargers uniform.

On the communication front, Polian went on to describe an open-door policy in which players, coaches, trainers and even ball boys could stop by and talk to the GM.

That didn’t happen with the prior regime, as described by Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers last week, when he said he had virtually no relationship with A.J.

Point is, this young man, Tom Telesco, will take the Chargers organization, based on who he learned from, and make everyone within it feel like they have ownership, whereas we know how the last GM ruled.

This phrase “team building” is likely what convinced Chargers President Dean Spanos to hire Telesco. Spanos knew there was a lack of organizational unity.

“This job isn’t just about picking players,” Spanos said. “How do you make it all work? How do you unify the team? I don’t think we had that.”

You didn’t have that Dean, but you have it now!
    Sorry, this was supposed to go in the Head Hunters thread

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Westy said he felt sorry for Tim Tebow because the kid works so hard and it wasn't fair to him.

When the Jets ran the wildcat it was all vanilla. Comparing to when Brad Smith was here, The result weren't as good as Brad Smith's yardage. Who is this on ?
    I think coaching because the results were good in Denver.
    You hit the nail on the head. Time for everyone to stop blaming Tebow or calling it the Tebow debacle, Tebow mess, Tebow mistake etc..

Its a coaching disaster, coaching debacle, coaching mess, coaching dysfunction.

So a clear message to Tebow haters, Tebow could have helped this team, you will get your wish Tebow will be gone, too bad the problem remains. Rex is the problem and that is still here, the Jet disaster will continue and will be worse next year. Good luck, you got what you asked for.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Sorry, this was supposed to go in the Head Hunters thread
    sorry guys - my fault. Thread merge F up. I started a new one as I was attempting to merge a duplicate Westhoff thread and screwed up.

Last time I try any fancy **** from my Ipad.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Your making the false assumption that these candidates, will not take this job unless they can bring in there own HC. That's speculation. In two or three days, our new GM will be in place
    The need to keep Rex this year should not be an impediment to the hire. However, not being able to can Rex next year is certainly one. Woody seems to be setting the the GM and the HC as equals and that could be an issue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    You hit the nail on the head. Time for everyone to stop blaming Tebow or calling it the Tebow debacle, Tebow mess, Tebow mistake etc..

Its a coaching disaster, coaching debacle, coaching mess, coaching dysfunction.

So a clear message to Tebow haters, Tebow could have helped this team, you will get your wish Tebow will be gone, too bad the problem remains. Rex is the problem and that is still here, the Jet disaster will continue and will be worse next year. Good luck, you got what you asked for.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    The need to keep Rex this year should not be an impediment to the hire. However, not being able to can Rex next year is certainly one. Woody seems to be setting the the GM and the HC as equals and that could be an issue.
    He wants this to work with Rex as HC. Only time will tell if it will. I'd like GM to get inputs for players and let the pros from scouting get us players. Eliminate all the slow learners etc.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't get the issue from Westy. We were putting in an entirely new O along with going back to man blocking from zone blocking and had loads of new personal in the regular starting lineup. It's pretty clear we couldn't install the regular O how the hell was that staff suppossed to install a gimmick O for Tebow to run a few plays a game?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    I don't get the issue from Westy. We were putting in an entirely new O along with going back to man blocking from zone blocking and had loads of new personal in the regular starting lineup. It's pretty clear we couldn't install the regular O how the hell was that staff suppossed to install a gimmick O for Tebow to run a few plays a game?

Ummm, because it takes maybe 4 hours to install 10 or so "base" Spread Option running plays? Then, you add in multiple route packages for each formation, and you are quickly up to about 30 or so plays in very little time. If you want to keep adding plays each week, you can do so from the same formations that are already in use.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Ummm, because it takes maybe 4 hours to install 10 or so "base" Spread Option running plays? Then, you add in multiple route packages for each formation, and you are quickly up to about 30 or so plays in very little time. If you want to keep adding plays each week, you can do so from the same formations that are already in use.
    He was being facetious; however, thanks for sharing your crash course on Building The Spread Option playbook from NFL University.