Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 146

Thread: Westhoff Speaks re Tebow

  1. #81
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    There is no truth. Tebow didn't get any chance what so ever to show that he can play. They didn't practice any play for him according to Westy. Say whatever you want about Tebow but he did help Denver to a winning record.
    And do you think that's because of some conspiracy to black ball Tim Tebow, what would the Jets have to gain from that, furthermore if Rex felt Tebow could help don't you think a coach who may have very well been on the hotseat play him. It just makes no sense , other than he's hot garbage. And also for the umpteenth time Denver's O was completely overhauled to suit Timmy's style. Face it he's not that good!!!!!!!

  2. #82
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    9,502
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Your theory only holds water if you pretend that all the summertime hyping of the "secret weapon" and the "impossible to prepare for" and the "we knew we needed this guy" - said by Rex (no one else) either is an outright lie or he was drugged and forced to say it.

    Rex is absolutely complicit in the failure of the offense. To the selection of his mirror image to Tebow. It is AMAZING that he somehow escaped it.

    But go ahead, blame the bean-counter.
    That's exactly what I'm saying he did. Let's be honest, Rex is on record saying that he loved the idea that people had to take preparation time on Tebow. Maybe it was Rex's way of trying to give Mark Sanchez and the offense an advantage by doing some slight of hand although never having any intention of wasting his team's preparation time to install a bs offense. That to me makes more sense than Rex wanting to bring in Tebow at all costs and then when having multiple excuses to put him in declining to do so vehemently/spitefully.

  3. #83
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    And do you think that's because of some conspiracy to black ball Tim Tebow, what would the Jets have to gain from that, furthermore if Rex felt Tebow could help don't you think a coach who may have very well been on the hotseat play him. It just makes no sense , other than he's hot garbage. And also for the umpteenth time Denver's O was completely overhauled to suit Timmy's style. Face it he's not that good!!!!!!!
    rex's tatoo negates anything that is tied to this.

  4. #84
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    rex's tatoo negates anything that is tied to this.
    Ok , I see it now - Rex loves Mark so much that he'd risk his job by playing an inferior QB while the superior QB Tim Tebow sat on the bench. Sorry , not buying that one.

  5. #85
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    205
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    There is no truth. Tebow didn't get any chance what so ever to show that he can play. They didn't practice any play for him according to Westy. Say whatever you want about Tebow but he did help Denver to a winning record.
    and the REAL proof of his talent is all the NFL talent evaluators lining up to sign the kid.

    PLEASE get with the rest of the country. The kid can't throw and belongs in Canada.

  6. #86
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Mianus CT
    Posts
    7,677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Ok , I see it now - Rex loves Mark so much that he'd risk his job by playing an inferior QB while the superior QB Tim Tebow sat on the bench. Sorry , not buying that one.
    rex knew his job was not in jeopardy and tanny and sparno would be the scapegoat he might be to loyal but he is not dumb.

  7. #87
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,793
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    rex knew his job was not in jeopardy and tanny and sparno would be the scapegoat he might be to loyal but he is not dumb.
    So the masterplan then was to sit Tebow , use Sanchez and if things fell apart he would be safe but knew Sparano & Tanny would go. Wow Rex really is a genius then - his plan worked to perfection.

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,697
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    No put them on the field together. The defense will not know whether to **** or go blind. It is what we should have been doing with the guy all year. TB will be the Qb TT will be a weapon BB uses to score and move the chains. RR could not figure out a way to do that.
    The Pats had 62 more first downs than any team in the league. I don't think they need Tebow to help move the chains.

  9. #89
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    5,040
    Post Thanks / Like
    He also validates the fact that the defense has issues. But of course, Rex is a genius.

  10. #90
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam, NL
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    and the REAL proof of his talent is all the NFL talent evaluators lining up to sign the kid.

    PLEASE get with the rest of the country. The kid can't throw and belongs in Canada.
    And yet the Jets traded for him.

  11. #91
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    3,205
    Post Thanks / Like

    Other NFL teams have a head coach, the New York Jets have Rex Ryan.

    "To be honest, I don't think anybody has really answered that question: Why did we do it?" Westhoff said. "I honestly don't know. I know we didn't practice it. We didn't practice it in training camp. We were going to unveil it. Well, I'm still waiting for the unveiling. And it didn't happen."

    If only the organization had some leadership position that could be staffed by someone with a clear vision for the team. Someone that could articulate that vision to Jets personnel, the media and the fans. I understand some teams have what's called a "head coach" that does this sort of thing. The Jets need to get one of those.

    "Tim Tebow, as an NFL quarterback ... he's very limited in some things," Westhoff said. "If you throw him right in the middle of a drop-back passing offense, he will look very very average at best."

    Average is still better than absolutely terrible. The Jets could have been a contender!

  12. #92
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    lol, Tebow fans will spin anything into a positive when it comes to Tebow.

    Dude sucks. Deal with it and move on. CFL! CFL! CFL!

  13. #93
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    6,950
    Post Thanks / Like
    He isn't lying. I just don't think the coaches had a plan for him. He couldn't run the O they wanted to. But then again nor could the other 2 QBs on the team. This team hasn't used anyone exp maybe Plax right in like 4 years or so.

  14. #94
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam, NL
    Posts
    128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    lol, Tebow fans will spin anything into a positive when it comes to Tebow.

    Dude sucks. Deal with it and move on. CFL! CFL! CFL!
    To me this is not about Tebow. I'm not a Tebow fan nor do I care for him. My only question to the coaching staff is this. How do you know Tebow can't help your offense when you didn't have him in any of your offensive game plans according to Westy?

  15. #95
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardukis View Post
    and the REAL proof of his talent is all the NFL talent evaluators lining up to sign the kid.

    PLEASE get with the rest of the country. The kid can't throw and belongs in Canada.


    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    And yet the Jets traded for him.
    The JETS Front-office are "IDIOTS", remember?


    Braylon preached the truth...

  16. #96
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    To me this is not about Tebow. I'm not a Tebow fan nor do I care for him. My only question to the coaching staff is this. How do you know Tebow can't help your offense when you didn't have him in any of your offensive game plans according to Westy?
    Was Westhoff referring to ST or Offense? I saw parts of the quote that mentioned not using Tebow, but didn't see much of it.

    Regardless of whether he could help with the wildcat or not, I don't really care, to be honest. We've got Kerley, who has shown we really don't need Tim for the wildcat package.
    Last edited by McGinley; 01-11-2013 at 08:41 PM.

  17. #97
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    21,445
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    So the masterplan then was to sit Tebow , use Sanchez and if things fell apart he would be safe but knew Sparano & Tanny would go. Wow Rex really is a genius then - his plan worked to perfection.
    In week 4 when we lost 34-0 to the 49ers at home, all Tebow scenarios went out the window. Panic set in and rightfully so

  18. #98
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9,927
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    This is what our head coach was wearing when his GM was getting fired and his team was getting gutted and his owner was deciding his fate.

    SAR I
    "Like it or not it's the way it's gotta be
    You gotta love yourself if you can ever love me"

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    This is what our head coach was wearing when his GM was getting fired and his team was getting gutted and his owner was deciding his fate.

    SAR I

    AND?!?!


    What's your point?


    I can go to a department store and buy a shirt that says "I'm the King of the World" but that, like Rex's shirt, won't mean jack.

    Besides, ever thought he bought that shirt to amuse his wife?

    God forbid if he has a LIFE OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL that doesn't revolve around the Jets.....and you.

  20. #100
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    30,090
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Can't kill Westy for this. He's been around the NFL a long time, he's seen it all, he has a ton of credibility. Frankly, I trust his opinions more so than I do Rex and Woody.

    And what he said isn't exactly surprising. It's what we've been saying all year long.

    Guys that I can't stand, though, are clowns like Jenkins and Damien Woody and LT, who weren't with the Jets very long but pretend to be the final authorities. They are just looking to increase their own brand.
    No one listens to those guys except in very limited circumstances (upon retiring for a short window). Get lost, guys.

    Even Klecko is far to ornery to be a talking head; who cares what you think, Joe?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us