Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Westhoff Speaks re Tebow

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    I can't argue that. I'm more trying to support Westoff here though:

Tebow would have value with that size and with a 4.7 as a pass catching FB/TE/H-Back. Sparano blew this terribly.

His offensive playbook was "coaching for dummies."
    I can't argue with your assessment on Sparano's playbook either. Having said that Tebow did get out there in plays at TE and FB. He looked awkward. Why try to force a guy with questionable speed, questionable hands, and questionable blocking skills when you can just go out and find a guy who's been doing it all his life? Let's be realistic here, John Connor was awful but he's still worlds better than Tebow at FB. The problem is it seems we're constantly trying to fit Tebow somewhere on the team because he works hard and is a nice guy. There's tons of hard working nice guys in this world, that doesn't mean they would be a good football player.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Your signature is ridiculously large and slows down everyone's computers.

Please remove it.

SAR I
    Agreed.

With that said, both your and my Signatures are currently also in breach of site policy (as both are wider than the permitted 750 size). Yours

So maybe we should let the Mods Mod, eh?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny how I dont hear him talk about what a sad excuse his special teams were last season... good riddance... he did a lot of great things for the franchise but now lashing out through the media is low class...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonhomme Richard View Post
    Can't kill Westy for this. He's been around the NFL a long time, he's seen it all, he has a ton of credibility. Frankly, I trust his opinions more so than I do Rex and Woody.

And what he said isn't exactly surprising. It's what we've been saying all year long.

Guys that I can't stand, though, are clowns like Jenkins and Damien Woody and LT, who weren't with the Jets very long but pretend to be the final authorities. They are just looking to increase their own brand.
    +1000 times this, makes me sick. They were Jets for like 5 minutes.

They were never career Jets like Curtis Martin or Mo Lewis.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    Agreed.

With that said, both your and my Signatures are currently also in breach of site policy (as both are wider than the permitted 750 size). Yours

So maybe we should let the Mods Mod, eh?
    A static image being a handful of pixels wider doesn't hurt site performance at all.

An animated GIF that's three times the size of the static image to begin with and then has moving video slows down all of my Apple devices which cannot be allowed to happen. I've got two iPhones, three iPod Touches, three iPads, and one iPad Mini. That stuff is very expensive and deserves to be treated better.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow - QB - Jets

One NFL source tells the New York Daily News he believes the circus surrounding Tim Tebow with the Jets in 2012 could lead to the end of the quarterback's NFL career.
    Citing the "distraction" that Tebow brings, the source said, "I think it could be over. He can go on with his life successfully without football. ... Now you've got two places he's been and both are adamant that he can't play quarterback. Adamant. Both paid a heckuva price to kick the tires." The source did allow that the "isolated" Patriots are the only team that makes sense because Josh McDaniels drafted Tebow and Bill Belichick is always willing to try new tricks. The question is whether Tebow would be willing to be a Wildcat gimmick. "I think he's done being made fun of and laughed at," said the source. "It is very painful for him."

Source: New York Daily News Jan 11 - 11:55 AM
    Not looking good for Tebow..

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    A static image being a handful of pixels wider doesn't hurt site performance at all.
    I don't make (Nor enforce) the rules my friend. When we hire our next Coach, you'll definitely have to shrink down, you're running out of spcae.

Your signature also contains a gif, by the way.

An animated GIF that's three times the size of the static image to begin with and then has moving video slows down all of my Apple devices which cannot be allowed to happen. I've got two iPhones, three iPod Touches, three iPads, and one iPad Mini. That stuff is very expensive and deserves to be treated better.
    You won;t see me disagree.

SAR I
    WARSAR IV

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekc View Post
    I don't understand all the hate for him on this board. The guy is a professional and handled himself that way.
    See people dont want to assign the blame to the Jets Organization and their lack of an overall plan.

Westoff, Tebow etc are all bums because they wont toe the company line which is littered with deliberate and unnecessary lies and distortions!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

SAR I
    Sounds like you need an I-doctor

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got two iPhones, three iPod Touches, three iPads, and one iPad Mini.
    SAR I
    Wow SAR. Why so many...do ya put 'em all on vibrate and drop 'em in your pants...?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Honestly, if he could be convinced to play TE and H-Back, he may be a decently priced replacement to Keller, provided he can block at all.

If he can't then I don't think he really has a future in the NFL right now.

He'd have to go learn how to throw in the Canadian League or something.

He's not a 4.5 guy. He ran a 4.7. He's big though. Very large for a QB.

But the "running" QB's currently still playing right now, ran the following:

Russell Wilson: 4.5

Colin Kapernick: 4.5

RG3: 4.4

Michael Vick: 4.3

Cam Newton: 4.5

Cam is probably the best comparison, although Tebow has zero of that dude's cannon.

He's a bit too slow to be a true running QB. He could be a very good fullback/h-back/TE though.
    Congratulations on regurgitating Mike Greenberg from this morning's (horrible) show. Are you him?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Westy validates what most of us thought every game about the offense. And that is:

WHAT ARE THEY DOING???

I feel better that Westy didn't know either.

But seriously, how is Rex Ryan still the head coach? Truly remarkable.
    Your post tells the real story.

When respected lifer coaches like Westoff are confused by what is being done on the field you know that those running the show in this case the FO & HC were clueless and it is extremely disturbing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    See people dont want to assign the blame to the Jets Organization and their lack of an overall plan.

Westoff, Tebow etc are all bums because they wont toe the company line which is littered with deliberate and unnecessary lies and distortions!!!
    Ah the great Tebow conspiracy, could it simply be that he's really not that good ?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I still don't understand who's fault it is Sparano or Rex or Tanny or Woody.

Westy seems to imply Tebow works hard but they never used him in what he is good at. What a mess is right.

I'm starting to believe Tebow was a PSL plow as I remember a quote from Woody saying "you can't have enough Tebow talk".

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by shevys View Post
    Congratulations on regurgitating Mike Greenberg from this morning's (horrible) show. Are you him?
    Didn't hear it. Honestly didn't know.

Hey SAR, sig better?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't hear it. Honestly didn't know.

Hey SAR, sig better?
    Noooooo! Your sig was the best, lol. Just make a smaller version, haha.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Ah the great Tebow conspiracy, could it simply be that he's really not that good ?
    He's good at the Read Option (Spread) and the long ball but not great on the intermediate passes where pro QBs make their dough. Just won't work in a typical pro offense. Someone is gonna want to run the Read Option and believe in him. Probably ain't nebba gonna happen. Maybe he could back up RG3 or Kapernick.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    I don't make (Nor enforce) the rules my friend. When we hire our next Coach, you'll definitely have to shrink down, you're running out of spcae.

Your signature also contains a gif, by the way.

You won;t see me disagree.

WARSAR IV
    He took it down (thanks), but here's the math just for fun:

WARFISH sig size = 25.91 KB (26,530 bytes)

SAR sig size = 49.48 KB (50,665 bytes) + 94.79 KB (97,064 bytes)

PMarsico sig size = 4,029.21 KB (4,125,916 bytes)

SAR I

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your signature is ridiculously large and slows down everyone's computers.

Please remove it.

SAR I
    Thanks for reposting his signature for those of us who have signatures turned off, so we can be slowed down too.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    No surprise Mehta doctored the quotes to fabricate his own message.

Here's Westhoff's words:

But if you incorporate him in different facets of your offense, I think he can be a factor. That’s what I felt we were going to do, but we never did it.

Westhoff said he thought the Jets would use Tebow as an H-back, tight end, halfback, and fullback, and then unexpectedly line him up at quarterback. “That’s what I was expecting to see, and we didn’t do it,” Westhoff said.

Westhoff said his special-teams role with Tebow was expected to be “one percent” of Tebow’s total package. “It was supposed to only be a fraction, and it ended up being his only role,” Westhoff said.

“I don’t think anyone’s ever really answered that question,” Westhoff said. “Why didn’t we do it? I honestly don’t know. I know we didn’t practice it. We didn’t practice it in training camp. We were gonna unveil it. Well, I’m still waiting for the unveiling.”
    It's clear there was nothing happening inside the head of no-action do-nothing Sparano.

Good riddance. Should've happened sooner.