Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Westhoff Speaks re Tebow

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    You can choose to accept the Jets lies and misleading their fans and then making Non-Football decsions that hurt the team, i.e getting rid of Stanton for a player that they themselves didnt believe in as being ok. Well it isn't OK with me...

Let me get this right you are upset with my positions because I am saying that the Jets should have treated Tebow, a player they sought out, with respect and dignity.

That their crass and craven desire for pubilcity at the expense of good football judgment should now be blamed on Tebow who everyone KNEW would needed a special system to succeed is preposterous.

All I have concerning Tebow was whether or not his fit here on the Jets was any good, nothing personal. Are you aware that the Jets have DESTROYED Tebow's already slim chances of potential playing QB in the NFL? You think that is ok?

You can hate on Tebow all you want I think that it is unwarranted. Tebow did nothing WRONG here, he didnt mislead the Jets, they mislead him!!!

That appears to be fine with you, for me as a Jets fan it is a DISGRACE!!!

Good Grief!!!
    No I didn't say anything about getting rid of Stanton for Tebow - horrible decision. But bottom line someone thought Tebow would work - he didn't.

I have no hate for Tebow the person , I have disdain for the media scrutiny and unjustified attention an average to below average football player has gotten. I agree Tebow did what was asked of him and again I have no problem with that.

Do i really care if the Jets ruined Tim Tebow's career - no not really much in the same way I don't care if the Jets ruined Veron Gholston's carreer. And by ruined I mean analyzing a player's potential and deciding he's not a fit, its a business it happens all the time without the media hoopla and fanfare. Read the transactions list during the season, guys get cut all the time. If every player was treated with respect and diginity the NFL would need 110 man rosters.

Stop confusing media hype with everyday football operations.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Soooooo telling regarding Sanchez!
    He kept saying..."that was a good team!", "that was a good defense!", "specials were really good!"

So lets see.... Lets stop looking for that OLB because the offense needs to have all pros at every position.
    HA HA!
    What he's really saying is that "if we had anyone, that was slightly above average, I would have had a Superbowl ring", lol.
    When someone who has 30 years in the NFL, basically says, he's ok if you have a great team around him, he's a LOSER when your paying him franchise money like the Jets have & will do for 2013 & 2014!
    Sickening!
    Basically, he's describing like 25 of the 32 starting QB's in the NFL. Did anyone here ever think Sanchez was elite, yeah sucks to not have a Brady or Peyton Manning or Brees or Rodgers.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually agree with his comments on Sanchez but at this point I'm no longer positive scheme can redeem Sanchez.

He always seemed like something of a streaky QB but in his two seasons he was a guy who typically took what the defense was offering - at least when I watched. Which is something I love in a QB.

People harp on the butt fumble play but that was blown out of proportion. It was a busted play - those happen all the time - and then some crazy circumstance which saw it go down the way it did.

The bigger play, to me, where I really saw a QB who might be beyond hope, was that absolutely horrible off balance INT he threw into double coverage against Tennessee. I didn't watch the entire game, only the highlights, but he just ****ing chucked it up there. It was a disgraceful throw and it really put an exclamation mark on his entire season.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    fact of the matter like tebow or not the jets never gave him a chance.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    on with kay now

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mphtrilogy View Post
    on with kay now
    "Rex Ryan is a terrible head coach, just terrible. He's a joke, no, worse than a joke. What's a good word? Clown. Yeah, Rex Ryan is a clown."

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thought Westoff had more class than to run and blab like a 12 year old girl... BTW his "special" teams were of the retarded variety last year. Cost us the NE game... Lets talk about that....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I have said 10,000 times that I didn't want Tebow here, said he would be a distraction and said it was MADNESSS to bring him here!!!!

What I was saying in my post was that Westoff indicated that the JETS had no real PLAN for using Tebow and then pretended like they did...

That lying to Tebow was outrageous... That comments like "you can never have to much Tebow" reveals that they used Tebow as a prop not a real player.

And if you think that makes sense then fine, I think that it is a DISGRACE!!!

I think that if you bring a player in and tell them you are going to use him when you have no plan on using him at all than that is SHAMEFUL!!!

NO, conspiracy just what Westoff said, so they can be said to be for all intents and purposes to be facts!!!!
    Well said. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I think it's crazy that he came out and said that they didn't even practice the plays in training camp even though they said they had this brilliant offense.

If you ask me, that says that the coaches never wanted him on the team. This was 100% management, Tanny and/or Woody. And we all know how pissed Rex was last season about holding Tebow to an abysmal performance until the final drive of the game and have the shame of knowing a crappy QB beat your team. He knows Tebow is garbage. The fact that he wouldn't even waste time to practice this "Tebow Offense" says a lot. Maybe he was just trying to trick everyone into practicing something that the Jets themselves didn't even practice. That much I guess I can believe, he probably got a huge kick out of that too. They could go under the guise of the close practice to make everyone think that they were installing this ultra secret offense there. Actually, quite brilliant.... until the 5th time Tebow came out and ran the exact same play over and over again, it became pretty obvious that we never had a plan for him in the first place.

And that leads me to the conclusion that Tanny and Woody pushed for this. Which is also why Rex would never let Tebow actually play QB. He stood his ground and kept his mouth shut. I applaud him for that. It is also more than likely the reason why he's still employed. It's also why they "leaked" that Rex would rather be fired than deal with that kind of non sense. To me, there's a lot of truth coming out in these situations if you are willing to connect some dots. If I was Rex I'd be absolutely pissed that Tebow was forced on my team and then seeing how it resulted and how our season was a terrible fiasco, all the while people pointing the finger at Rex and calling him the idiot... yeah it makes more sense now.

Rex never wanted Tebow. Rex refused to waste time even attempting to create an offense for Tebow. Rex wouldn't even let Tebow play QB when it was obvious that Mark was hot garbage and McElroy wasn't that much better. It was almost a defiant move, no way in hell was he letting Tebow play. Instead, just lie to the entire listening world and make them believe that you actually have something in place. Haha, and it worked. Rex has some fortitude, I'll say that much.
    Your theory only holds water if you pretend that all the summertime hyping of the "secret weapon" and the "impossible to prepare for" and the "we knew we needed this guy" - said by Rex (no one else) either is an outright lie or he was drugged and forced to say it.

Rex is absolutely complicit in the failure of the offense. To the selection of his mirror image to Tebow. It is AMAZING that he somehow escaped it.

But go ahead, blame the bean-counter.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Thought Westoff had more class than to run and blab like a 12 year old girl... BTW his "special" teams were of the retarded variety last year. Cost us the NE game... Lets talk about that....
    Class?

Oh yeah. I forgot about the sophistication of Rex Ryan.

It's a high bar.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I think it's crazy that he came out and said that they didn't even practice the plays in training camp even though they said they had this brilliant offense.

If you ask me, that says that the coaches never wanted him on the team. This was 100% management, Tanny and/or Woody. And we all know how pissed Rex was last season about holding Tebow to an abysmal performance until the final drive of the game and have the shame of knowing a crappy QB beat your team. He knows Tebow is garbage. The fact that he wouldn't even waste time to practice this "Tebow Offense" says a lot. Maybe he was just trying to trick everyone into practicing something that the Jets themselves didn't even practice. That much I guess I can believe, he probably got a huge kick out of that too. They could go under the guise of the close practice to make everyone think that they were installing this ultra secret offense there. Actually, quite brilliant.... until the 5th time Tebow came out and ran the exact same play over and over again, it became pretty obvious that we never had a plan for him in the first place.

And that leads me to the conclusion that Tanny and Woody pushed for this. Which is also why Rex would never let Tebow actually play QB. He stood his ground and kept his mouth shut. I applaud him for that. It is also more than likely the reason why he's still employed. It's also why they "leaked" that Rex would rather be fired than deal with that kind of non sense. To me, there's a lot of truth coming out in these situations if you are willing to connect some dots. If I was Rex I'd be absolutely pissed that Tebow was forced on my team and then seeing how it resulted and how our season was a terrible fiasco, all the while people pointing the finger at Rex and calling him the idiot... yeah it makes more sense now.

Rex never wanted Tebow. Rex refused to waste time even attempting to create an offense for Tebow. Rex wouldn't even let Tebow play QB when it was obvious that Mark was hot garbage and McElroy wasn't that much better. It was almost a defiant move, no way in hell was he letting Tebow play. Instead, just lie to the entire listening world and make them believe that you actually have something in place. Haha, and it worked. Rex has some fortitude, I'll say that much.
    So basically Rex is all about himself and not a team player. Even if he knew Tebow is really bad why not put in a couple of plays for Tebow to try it out? I never want Tebow to be here in the first place, but what the Jets did to him is pretty classless in my opinion.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FlagmanL11 View Post
    Truth hurts doesn't it?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai Mai Shu View Post
    So basically Rex is all about himself and not a team player. Even if he knew Tebow is really bad why not put in a couple of plays for Tebow to try it out? I never want Tebow to be here in the first place, but what the Jets did to him is pretty classless in my opinion.
    How do you feel about the Brandon Jacobs situation in SF - just curious. Was Harbaugh and SF equally classless ??

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what our head coach was wearing when his GM was getting fired and his team was getting gutted and his owner was deciding his fate.

SAR I

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    How do you feel about the Brandon Jacobs situation in SF - just curious. Was Harbaugh and SF equally classless ??
    What about Brandon Jacobs? He got his opportunity to play but he sux behind Frank Gore so they don't play him. I don't see anything wrong with that. No comparison to Tebow's situation.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was against the Tebow signing from the begining.....

But any objective person has to say that Tebow was taken advantage of!!! He was clearly mislead by the Jets and their coaching staff....

It is a DISGARCE!!!

And I for one wish Tebow nothing but the best, he has comported himself with great dignity under these DISGUSTING circumstances...
    Oh stop........

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about Brandon Jacobs? He got his opportunity to play but he sux behind Frank Gore so they don't play him. I don't see anything wrong with that. No comparison to Tebow's situation.
    Its completely the same issue, he's the backup behind Sanchez he sucks and didn't play, what's so hard to understand about this. There's no deception or conspiracy, he simply wasn't good enough to play.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its completely the same issue, he's the backup behind Sanchez he sucks and didn't play, what's so hard to understand about this. There's no deception or conspiracy, he simply wasn't good enough to play.
    If they would put him in their game plan then we'll find out would we?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    No I didn't say anything about getting rid of Stanton for Tebow - horrible decision. But bottom line someone thought Tebow would work - he didn't.

I have no hate for Tebow the person , I have disdain for the media scrutiny and unjustified attention an average to below average football player has gotten. I agree Tebow did what was asked of him and again I have no problem with that.

Do i really care if the Jets ruined Tim Tebow's career - no not really much in the same way I don't care if the Jets ruined Veron Gholston's carreer. And by ruined I mean analyzing a player's potential and deciding he's not a fit, its a business it happens all the time without the media hoopla and fanfare. Read the transactions list during the season, guys get cut all the time. If every player was treated with respect and diginity the NFL would need 110 man rosters.

Stop confusing media hype with everyday football operations.
    NEWS FLASH: The media will ALWAYS be a part of New York. Its not the media's fault, its the JETS and their front office.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    If they would put him in their game plan then we'll find out would we?
    borrowing a line truth hurts doesn't it

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    borrowing a line truth hurts doesn't it
    There is no truth. Tebow didn't get any chance what so ever to show that he can play. They didn't practice any play for him according to Westy. Say whatever you want about Tebow but he did help Denver to a winning record.