Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 146

Thread: Westhoff Speaks re Tebow

  1. #101
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    The depths of Despair.
    Posts
    40,287
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    Even Klecko is far to ornery to be a talking head; who cares what you think, Joe?
    Yeah....but its funny watching him try to say it. He's like the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph right after his teefs got yanked.

    Meh? Meh! bla bla bla meh oh noes



    -

  2. #102
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    100
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Ah the great Tebow conspiracy, could it simply be that he's really not that good ?
    What conspiracy? By week 5 in the 2011 season DEN played him because they needed to see if he was the best QB on the roster - he was. At seasons end, they scored Manning. Adios Tebow.

    The Jets did not use Tebow as a QB because in Ryan's assessment, he was not the best QB on the roster. Ryan was/is wrong. You can say he blows, etc but he is the best QB on THIS roster.

    Ryan simply made a mistake by failing to start Tebow.

  3. #103
    Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    AND?!?!

    What's your point?

    I can go to a department store and buy a shirt that says "I'm the King of the World" but that, like Rex's shirt, won't mean jack.

    Besides, ever thought he bought that shirt to amuse his wife?

    God forbid if he has a LIFE OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL that doesn't revolve around the Jets.....and you.
    My point is that Rex Ryan is a selfish person and a lousy head coach. I don't think that's rocket science at this point, pretty much everyone except 10 Jets Insiders have gotten the memo.

    SAR I

  4. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My point is that Rex Ryan is a selfish person and a lousy head coach. I don't think that's rocket science at this point, pretty much everyone except 10 Jets Insiders have gotten the memo.

    SAR I
    How are his players going to want to play for him, if he doesn't even love himself?

  5. #105
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    15,184
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    My point is that Rex Ryan is a selfish person and a lousy head coach. I don't think that's rocket science at this point, pretty much everyone except 10 Jets Insiders have gotten the memo.

    SAR I
    Is that why you're trying so desperately to convince everyone?

  6. #106
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    Is that why you're trying so desperately to convince everyone?
    good for you Jumba

  7. #107
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I think it's crazy that he came out and said that they didn't even practice the plays in training camp even though they said they had this brilliant offense.

    If you ask me, that says that the coaches never wanted him on the team. This was 100% management, Tanny and/or Woody. And we all know how pissed Rex was last season about holding Tebow to an abysmal performance until the final drive of the game and have the shame of knowing a crappy QB beat your team. He knows Tebow is garbage. The fact that he wouldn't even waste time to practice this "Tebow Offense" says a lot. Maybe he was just trying to trick everyone into practicing something that the Jets themselves didn't even practice. That much I guess I can believe, he probably got a huge kick out of that too. They could go under the guise of the close practice to make everyone think that they were installing this ultra secret offense there. Actually, quite brilliant.... until the 5th time Tebow came out and ran the exact same play over and over again, it became pretty obvious that we never had a plan for him in the first place.

    And that leads me to the conclusion that Tanny and Woody pushed for this. Which is also why Rex would never let Tebow actually play QB. He stood his ground and kept his mouth shut. I applaud him for that. It is also more than likely the reason why he's still employed. It's also why they "leaked" that Rex would rather be fired than deal with that kind of non sense. To me, there's a lot of truth coming out in these situations if you are willing to connect some dots. If I was Rex I'd be absolutely pissed that Tebow was forced on my team and then seeing how it resulted and how our season was a terrible fiasco, all the while people pointing the finger at Rex and calling him the idiot... yeah it makes more sense now.

    Rex never wanted Tebow. Rex refused to waste time even attempting to create an offense for Tebow. Rex wouldn't even let Tebow play QB when it was obvious that Mark was hot garbage and McElroy wasn't that much better. It was almost a defiant move, no way in hell was he letting Tebow play. Instead, just lie to the entire listening world and make them believe that you actually have something in place. Haha, and it worked. Rex has some fortitude, I'll say that much.
    Geez, sounds like you're the one behind all the Tebow Conspiracy Theories. Let's take a look at what you just said:

    You said that Rex Ryan refused to start Tebow out of spite because Tebow and Denver beat the Jets last year.

    You said they didn't even practice any Tebow plays in training camp. How did they determine he sucked, then?

    Then you said that the Tebow trade must have been 100% management: Tanny or Woody, and what a great DEFIANT guy Rex was to stick to his guns and refuse to play Tebow - even if Tebow might have helped the team.

    So to sum it all up: You believe that Rex puts his personal feelings before what's good for the team, and you're cool with that. Got it.

  8. #108
    Bewildered Beast
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SF via Strong Island
    Posts
    31,085
    Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Yeah....but its funny watching him try to say it. He's like the Abominable Snowman from Rudolph right after his teefs got yanked.

    Meh? Meh! bla bla bla meh oh noes



    -


    When he looks into the camera in mock surprise



  9. #109
    Quote Originally Posted by JaxSuzy View Post
    Geez, sounds like you're the one behind all the Tebow Conspiracy Theories. Let's take a look at what you just said:

    You said that Rex Ryan refused to start Tebow out of spite because Tebow and Denver beat the Jets last year.

    You said they didn't even practice any Tebow plays in training camp. How did they determine he sucked, then?

    Then you said that the Tebow trade must have been 100% management: Tanny or Woody, and what a great DEFIANT guy Rex was to stick to his guns and refuse to play Tebow - even if Tebow might have helped the team.

    So to sum it all up: You believe that Rex puts his personal feelings before what's good for the team, and you're cool with that. Got it.
    Probably not far from the truth .... Rex started one of the worst QBs to don pads each and every week this past season. His man love for his child by draft is second to none. I have NEVER seen anything like it.

  10. #110
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    AND?!?!


    What's your point?


    I can go to a department store and buy a shirt that says "I'm the King of the World" but that, like Rex's shirt, won't mean jack.

    Besides, ever thought he bought that shirt to amuse his wife?

    God forbid if he has a LIFE OUTSIDE OF FOOTBALL that doesn't revolve around the Jets.....and you.
    It's just an example of yet another poor decision by the man child that is Rex.

  11. #111
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Probably not far from the truth .... Rex started one of the worst QBs to don pads each and every week this past season. His man love for his child by draft is second to none. I have NEVER seen anything like it.
    It was weird, wasn't it? I remember towards the end of the season almost all of us on the board were wondering why he kept starting Sanchez. We called for McElroy, Tebow, anybody but Sanchez to get a chance to play at least the last 2 games. Even Sanchez's staunchest supporters felt he needed to be benched as this season was ruined for him. For once on the board we were all united ... for two weeks anyway.

    ah, the good old days

  12. #112
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837

    Weshoff says Jets miss handle Tim Tebow.

    Mike Westhoff recently retired special team coach of the Jets, told a Florida Radio station that the Handling of Tim Tebow was an absolute mess, and that he was still waiting to see the wild cat package they implemented for Tebow, even when Sanchez got bench you could see the demeanor of Tebow not getting the chance to
    satrt Rex Ryan miss handle the whole situation."

    Note to Woddy: Mr. Johnson when your onetime ace special team coach says something like that about the Jets, it's time for you to react get
    rid of Rex Ryan. oh! this is bad news this is not good publicity.
    Last edited by TechJet; 01-12-2013 at 10:01 AM.

  13. #113

  14. #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    What conspiracy? By week 5 in the 2011 season DEN played him because they needed to see if he was the best QB on the roster - he was. At seasons end, they scored Manning. Adios Tebow.

    The Jets did not use Tebow as a QB because in Ryan's assessment, he was not the best QB on the roster. Ryan was/is wrong. You can say he blows, etc but he is the best QB on THIS roster.

    Ryan simply made a mistake by failing to start Tebow.
    The Broncos completely caved to public pressure to put in fan idol Timmy. This move was more about keeping fannies in seats than anything the Jets ever did. In fact I laud the Jets staff for realizing it would be a disaster if Tebow was made starter and having the balls to stand by their beliefs and not to cave to fan and media pressure.

    The Broncos completely revamped their offense during the bye week to suit the spread option O Tebow required. A phenomeal job by the way by Mike McCoy. Does anyone think Tony Sparano had the ability to do this - really. In addition the Broncos Oline was much more suited to running this type of offense.

    And what really won those games for Denver - defense , defense, defense.

    Now my final point is sure the Broncs ripped off 6 straight wins under Tebow, most of them had elements of pure luck in them - Like Marion Barber staying in bounds against CHI. But those six games was a big enough of a sample for D coordinators to adjust to this system. In fact the only team who saw him twice the "powerhouse" KC Chiefs shut him down completely to the tune of 50 passing yards. Tebow like a rookie pitcher in baseball had the element of surprise in his first half dozen games, his shelf life was limited - D's caught up to the gimmick much like they've done to the widlcat, run & gun, etc.....

    You'll argue but but but he beat the Steelers in the playoffs look how great he was. I attribute that to the arrogance of the Steelers and Dick LeBeau who thought they could just play their normal blitzing D and steamroll the Broncos. They were simply looking past the Broncos and got done in by their defensive scheme. Tebow completed only 10 passes - less than 50% but 3 that went for over 35 yards and 2 of those for 70+ because the Steelers just continued to blitz.

    Tebow is not only the worst QB on the Jets roster, I'd argue he may very well be the worst QB in the entire NFL.

  15. #115
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Westy said he felt sorry for Tim Tebow because the kid works so hard and it wasn't fair to him.

    When the Jets ran the wildcat it was all vanilla. Comparing to when Brad Smith was here, The result weren't as good as Brad Smith's yardage. Who is this on ?
    I think coaching because the results were good in Denver.

  16. #116

  17. #117
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    They won and he was Heisman winner just not two years in a row.

  18. #118
    Are Tebow nuthuggers still crying that he got skipped over by the Jets? Didn't hear anyone crying injustices when Brady Quinn got skipped over the Broncos in favor of Tim.

  19. #119
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    One hour. from MetLife
    Posts
    22,278
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Are Tebow nuthuggers still crying that he got skipped over by the Jets? Didn't hear anyone crying injustices when Brady Quinn got skipped over the Broncos in favor of Tim.
    They are crying because he never was given a chance in NY, I think. Most believe Woody used Tebow's media frenzie to sell PSLs.

    He's a milliionaire and set for life. Does plenty of commercials etc. I think set for life and most here would swap financial situations with him.

  20. #120
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    They won and he was Heisman winner.
    They didn't win that game, wth are you talking about?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us