Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Westhoff Speaks re Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He took it down (thanks), but here's the math just for fun:

WARFISH sig size = 25.91 KB (26,530 bytes)

SAR sig size = 49.48 KB (50,665 bytes) + 94.79 KB (97,064 bytes)

PMarsico sig size = 4,029.21 KB (4,125,916 bytes)

SAR I
    Why don't you quit whining and turn off signatures in your control panel.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    Ah the great Tebow conspiracy, could it simply be that he's really not that good ?
    I have said 10,000 times that I didn't want Tebow here, said he would be a distraction and said it was MADNESSS to bring him here!!!!

What I was saying in my post was that Westoff indicated that the JETS had no real PLAN for using Tebow and then pretended like they did...

That lying to Tebow was outrageous... That comments like "you can never have to much Tebow" reveals that they used Tebow as a prop not a real player.

And if you think that makes sense then fine, I think that it is a DISGRACE!!!

I think that if you bring a player in and tell them you are going to use him when you have no plan on using him at all than that is SHAMEFUL!!!

NO, conspiracy just what Westoff said, so they can be said to be for all intents and purposes to be facts!!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-11-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by PMarsico9 View Post
    Didn't hear it. Honestly didn't know.

Hey SAR, sig better?
    Yes, thank you.

SAR I

francesa will have westhoff at 2pm

I think it's crazy that he came out and said that they didn't even practice the plays in training camp even though they said they had this brilliant offense.

If you ask me, that says that the coaches never wanted him on the team. This was 100% management, Tanny and/or Woody. And we all know how pissed Rex was last season about holding Tebow to an abysmal performance until the final drive of the game and have the shame of knowing a crappy QB beat your team. He knows Tebow is garbage. The fact that he wouldn't even waste time to practice this "Tebow Offense" says a lot. Maybe he was just trying to trick everyone into practicing something that the Jets themselves didn't even practice. That much I guess I can believe, he probably got a huge kick out of that too. They could go under the guise of the close practice to make everyone think that they were installing this ultra secret offense there. Actually, quite brilliant.... until the 5th time Tebow came out and ran the exact same play over and over again, it became pretty obvious that we never had a plan for him in the first place.

And that leads me to the conclusion that Tanny and Woody pushed for this. Which is also why Rex would never let Tebow actually play QB. He stood his ground and kept his mouth shut. I applaud him for that. It is also more than likely the reason why he's still employed. It's also why they "leaked" that Rex would rather be fired than deal with that kind of non sense. To me, there's a lot of truth coming out in these situations if you are willing to connect some dots. If I was Rex I'd be absolutely pissed that Tebow was forced on my team and then seeing how it resulted and how our season was a terrible fiasco, all the while people pointing the finger at Rex and calling him the idiot... yeah it makes more sense now.

Rex never wanted Tebow. Rex refused to waste time even attempting to create an offense for Tebow. Rex wouldn't even let Tebow play QB when it was obvious that Mark was hot garbage and McElroy wasn't that much better. It was almost a defiant move, no way in hell was he letting Tebow play. Instead, just lie to the entire listening world and make them believe that you actually have something in place. Haha, and it worked. Rex has some fortitude, I'll say that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    Yeah, he's gonna take Tom Brady out to put Tebow in. Tebow cultists are fascinating people.
    No put them on the field together. The defense will not know whether to **** or go blind. It is what we should have been doing with the guy all year. TB will be the Qb TT will be a weapon BB uses to score and move the chains. RR could not figure out a way to do that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I was against the Tebow signing from the begining.....

But any objective person has to say that Tebow was taken advantage of!!! He was clearly mislead by the Jets and their coaching staff....

It is a DISGARCE!!!

And I for one wish Tebow nothing but the best, he has comported himself with great dignity under these DISGUSTING circumstances...
    Like :thumbs up:

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Love Westy. Love him even more for being honest and unafraid to voice these opinions. And he's exactly right. I really liked what he said about our defense. They talk too much and act like they are the tits. Really they just suck.
    I loved westhoff as a coach too, but something tells me he should have been a little more concerned with coaching up our pathetic special teams in the last few weeks and stop worrying about how we used his punt protector.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    I have said 10,000 times that I didn't want Tebow here, said he would be a distraction and said it was MADNESSS to bring him here!!!!

What I was saying in my post was that Westoff indicated that the JETS had no real PLAN for using Tebow and then pretended like they did...

That lying to Tebow was outrageous... That comments like "you can never have to much Tebow" reveals that they used Tebow as a prop not a real player.

And if you think that makes sense then fine, I think that it is a DISGRACE!!!

I think that if you bring a player in and tell them you are going to use him when you have no plan on using him at all than that is SHAMEFUL!!!

NO, conspiracy just what Westoff said, so they can be said to be for all intents and purposes to be facts!!!!
    Yes, I'm sure Tebow is the first player who was brought into a team was told he would be used a certain way and wasn't - how shameful. My point is if he provided value on Sunday he would have been in the game. Who cares what the media , the player or the owner said.

"But what would happen, when our defense played the long field, they were a little suspect in the middle and people drove the ball up to midfield on us. On a shorter field, our defense, because of our really good corner play, constricted and played really well and hold people. But then they would punt us and Mark Sanchez would start on the 10-yard line.' There's plenty of blame to go around."

Love this quote!
    How many times did teams get out of their own endzone against our defense?

It's the LINEBACKERS STUPID!

If we can just somehow finally get that OLB in this draft, tell Harris to lose some damn weight & get Davis up to speed, also sign a decent FA LB, it will change our entire defense with the return of Revis.

Love Westy but if your gonna toot your own horn like this:

"Part of our defense, and against certain people, there were some weaknesses and people know that. On our kicking team, we led the league in tackles inside the 20, so people started back in the hole most of the time.

Don't forget to bring up all of the horrible punt blocks ect.
    I mean his specials handed the Dolphins in our building a game on a silver platter!

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    No put them on the field together. The defense will not know whether to **** or go blind. It is what we should have been doing with the guy all year. TB will be the Qb TT will be a weapon BB uses to score and move the chains. RR could not figure out a way to do that.

I'd rather Hernadez play quarterback than Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    He took it down (thanks), but here's the math just for fun:

WARFISH sig size = 25.91 KB (26,530 bytes)

SAR sig size = 49.48 KB (50,665 bytes) + 94.79 KB (97,064 bytes)

PMarsico sig size = 4,029.21 KB (4,125,916 bytes)

SAR I
    If Warfish was playing Golf, Warfish would be the JI Open Champion.

WARGOLFSARFISH

Quote Originally Posted by TKasper01 View Post
    Stop it, just stop it. You don't take the ball out of a HOF's hands just to be tricky.

Jets Insider VIP
    Yes, I'm sure Tebow is the first player who was brought into a team was told he would be used a certain way and wasn't - how shameful. My point is if he provided value on Sunday he would have been in the game. Who cares what the media , the player or the owner said.
    You can choose to accept the Jets lies and misleading their fans and then making Non-Football decsions that hurt the team, i.e getting rid of Stanton for a player that they themselves didnt believe in as being ok. Well it isn't OK with me...

Let me get this right you are upset with my positions because I am saying that the Jets should have treated Tebow, a player they sought out, with respect and dignity.

That their crass and craven desire for pubilcity at the expense of good football judgment should now be blamed on Tebow who everyone KNEW would needed a special system to succeed is preposterous.

All I have concerning Tebow was whether or not his fit here on the Jets was any good, nothing personal. Are you aware that the Jets have DESTROYED Tebow's already slim chances of potential playing QB in the NFL? You think that is ok?

You can hate on Tebow all you want I think that it is unwarranted. Tebow did nothing WRONG here, he didnt mislead the Jets, they mislead him!!!

That appears to be fine with you, for me as a Jets fan it is a DISGRACE!!!

Good Grief!!!
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 01-11-2013 at 02:07 PM.

SAR will be pleased, Westy echoed his idea that Sanchez can succeed in the league.....if you give him the #1 Rushing Offense, and 5-man All-Pro O-line and a Top-5 Defense and Top-5 Special Teams unit. Oh, and a roster full of veteran good guys too.

WestySAR!

EDIT:

So Westy's Views, distilled...

1. Sanchez is ok, if surrounded by perfection everywhere else and with a limited duty.

2. Rex is a great D Coach, Not So Much an O Coach. But he WAS involved in Specials and O, but not enough (for O).

3. Tebow was great, Westy spoke much more highly of Tebow than he did of Sanchez. Westy dissapointed the "Tebow O"s such a mess and never worked as expected.

My take, he's not much a Sanchez fa (definitely got the "not say anything mean" vibe form his Sanchez comments, he was a big Tebow Fan (on Specials especially), he's not much a Sparano Fan, but he is a moderate Rex Fan and thinks Rex can be a success......if he makes the O a mirror of his D.
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-11-2013 at 02:32 PM.

Lying to Tebow can get you a one way ticket to a hot climate

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    I think it's crazy that he came out and said that they didn't even practice the plays in training camp even though they said they had this brilliant offense.

If you ask me, that says that the coaches never wanted him on the team. This was 100% management, Tanny and/or Woody. And we all know how pissed Rex was last season about holding Tebow to an abysmal performance until the final drive of the game and have the shame of knowing a crappy QB beat your team. He knows Tebow is garbage. The fact that he wouldn't even waste time to practice this "Tebow Offense" says a lot. Maybe he was just trying to trick everyone into practicing something that the Jets themselves didn't even practice. That much I guess I can believe, he probably got a huge kick out of that too. They could go under the guise of the close practice to make everyone think that they were installing this ultra secret offense there. Actually, quite brilliant.... until the 5th time Tebow came out and ran the exact same play over and over again, it became pretty obvious that we never had a plan for him in the first place.

And that leads me to the conclusion that Tanny and Woody pushed for this. Which is also why Rex would never let Tebow actually play QB. He stood his ground and kept his mouth shut. I applaud him for that. It is also more than likely the reason why he's still employed. It's also why they "leaked" that Rex would rather be fired than deal with that kind of non sense. To me, there's a lot of truth coming out in these situations if you are willing to connect some dots. If I was Rex I'd be absolutely pissed that Tebow was forced on my team and then seeing how it resulted and how our season was a terrible fiasco, all the while people pointing the finger at Rex and calling him the idiot... yeah it makes more sense now.

Rex never wanted Tebow. Rex refused to waste time even attempting to create an offense for Tebow. Rex wouldn't even let Tebow play QB when it was obvious that Mark was hot garbage and McElroy wasn't that much better. It was almost a defiant move, no way in hell was he letting Tebow play. Instead, just lie to the entire listening world and make them believe that you actually have something in place. Haha, and it worked. Rex has some fortitude, I'll say that much.
    wow You knew that McElroy was not much better then Suckchez right away. Have you applied for the GM spot? The OL sucked the day that kid tried to play football! Do you know any QB who would have looked gopod on that day under those circumstances? Case closed!

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    SAR will be pleased, Westy echoed his idea that Sanchez can succeed in the league.....if you give him the #1 Rushing Offense, and 5-man All-Pro O-line and a Top-5 Defense and Top-5 Special Teams unit. Oh, and a roster full of veteran good guys too.

WestySAR!

EDIT:

So Westy's Views, distilled...

1. Sanchez is ok, if surrounded by perfection everywhere else and with a limited duty.

2. Rex is a great D Coach, Not So Much an O Coach. But he WAS involved in Specials and O, but not enough (for O).

3. Tebow was great, Westy spoke much more highly of Tebow than he did of Sanchez. Westy dissapointed the "Tebow O"s such a mess and never worked as expected.

My take, he's not much a Sanchez fa (definitely got the "not say anything mean" vibe form his Sanchez comments, he was a big Tebow Fan (on Specials especially), he's not much a Sparano Fan, but he is a moderate Rex Fan and thinks Rex can be a success......if he makes the O a mirror of his D.
    Soooooo telling regarding Sanchez!
    He kept saying..."that was a good team!", "that was a good defense!", "specials were really good!"

So lets see.... Lets stop looking for that OLB because the offense needs to have all pros at every position.
    HA HA!
    What he's really saying is that "if we had anyone, that was slightly above average, I would have had a Superbowl ring", lol.
    When someone who has 30 years in the NFL, basically says, he's ok if you have a great team around him, he's a LOSER when your paying him franchise money like the Jets have & will do for 2013 & 2014!
    Sickening!

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    wow You knew that McElroy was not much better then Suckchez right away. Have you applied for the GM spot? The OL sucked the day that kid tried to play football! Do you know any QB who would have looked gopod on that day under those circumstances? Case closed!
    You remember my stance. Thanks for the recognition.

And I see you want to place blame on the O-Line instead of where it belongs... on the QB not setting his protections correctly, crapping his pants, and holding the ball too long.