Aeneas Williams
    Bill Parcells
    Eddie DeBartolo Jr.
    Art Modell

Senior nominees:
    Curley Culp
    Dave Robinson
    Always felt Strahan was overrated. Bettis. LOL. I'd vote for:

Larry Allen (most if not the whole offensive line should go in - they made Emmit Smith - any of us could run through those holes)
    Warren Sapp (one of the best DT i've ever seen since his college days)
    Jonathon Ogden (dominant)
    Charles Haley (will somebody let him in already? WTF..do people watch football?)
    Bill Parcells
    Eddie DeBartolo Jr.

If they don't put Parcells in it would be a shame. I assume that he alienated may writers because he was too blunt.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Always felt Strahan was overrated. Bettis. LOL. I'd vote for:

Larry Allen (most if not the whole offensive line should go in - they made Emmit Smith - any of us could run through those holes)
    Warren Sapp (one of the best DT i've ever seen since his college days)
    Jonathon Ogden (dominant)
    Charles Haley (will somebody let him in already? WTF..do people watch football?)
    Bill Parcells
    Eddie DeBartolo Jr.
    What you said about Haley applies even moreso to Cris Carter. He is so much better than some WRs already in and any WR not in that it's almost laughable. For example, he has exactly TWICE as many TDs as Michael Irvin, more yards, more receptions, you name it. But he didn't play for the Cowboys so he still waits. He's being punished for drugs and surliness and the writers should be ashamed of that since he cleaned himself up from the former during his playing days, and the rest is just nonsense.

Allen, Ogden and Carter are my must-admits. Sapp and Haley are arguably deserving but can wait a year if necessary.

Parcells is an interesting case. I think he makes it eventually but I think his moving around to four different teams may be hurting him still.
    Last edited by nycdan; 01-11-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Shields
    Allen
    Ogden
    Haley
    Sapp

All deserve but probably won't happen not enough "offensive playmakers"

Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Agreed - The absolute prototypes for LT and Guard respectively.
    I can agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by nycdan View Post
    What you said about Haley applies even moreso to Cris Carter. He is so much better than some WRs already in and any WR not in that it's almost laughable. For example, he has exactly TWICE as many TDs as Michael Irvin, more yards, more receptions, you name it. But he didn't play for the Cowboys so he still waits. He's being punished for drugs and surliness and the writers should be ashamed of that since he cleaned himself up from the former during his playing days, and the rest is just nonsense.

Allen, Ogden and Carter are my must-admits. Sapp and Haley are arguably deserving but can wait a year if necessary.

Parcells is an interesting case. I think he makes it eventually but I think his moving around to four different teams may be hurting him still.
    Here's the thing about Carter that makes him a second tier candidate to me - he never really had a run as the best WR in the league. There were arguably 2 years where he was at the top of his game - 1994 and 1995 seasons with 122 receptions, but those were in extreme passing offenses (the No. 2 WR in Minnesota those years was Jake Reed, who finished as the No. 11 WR in the league in 1994 and 21 in 1995, with 80 and 70 receptions, respectively), And for the end of his run, he was eating defenses alive as the uncoverable No. 2 option on a team with a No. 1 who demanded double and triple teams (Moss).

There's no doubt he's better than some WRs who were already admitted (Art Monk?!), but at least with Irvin he was always the primary target on his team, and he put up the numbers he did on a rush-first team. There was always the "man, if you put Irvin in SF, what would his numbers be like" hypothetical, plus Irvin was a guy who played like a man possessed (or, well, on coke ) and contributed in the run game. Carter's hurt by being remembered as a guy who had only a decent start to his career (he didn't make his first probowl until his 6th season) and finished his career as a wingman (the final 4 years). His run as a true No. 1 was short and not overly dominant.

In my mind, the player who ought to get in who will most likely be snubbed is Aeneas Williams. He was a true counterpart to Rod Woodson who didn't get the recognition because of where he played.

Michael Strahan, Warren Sapp, Jonathon Ogden, Jerome Bettis, Chris Carter, Bill Parcells.