Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Should jets move Wilson to FS?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Should jets move Wilson to FS?

I remember another poster suggested this a while back... With revis and cro would the best value be moving Wilson to FS instead of the nickle back? I like Landry at SS better anyway. Berry or lankster should be enough depth at CB

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    On first thought that sounds like a decent idea but I'm not sure how good of a tackler he is.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's spent his whole career as a CB. Why do you think he'd make a good Safety?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They should probably move him to Alaska,

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is an excellent tackler.

He's also a very good corner and the most underrated player on this team. Jet fans are spoiled with Cro and Revis and don't realize how terrible CB's across the NFL are. WR's are putting up huge numbers every week yet the Jets didn't allow a single 100 yard receiver all year... WITHOUT REVIS. Kyle Wilson, like EVERY CB not named Revis will get beat once or twice a game. He'd easily start on most NFL squads.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flymax View Post
    He's spent his whole career as a CB. Why do you think he'd make a good Safety?
    Has to be better than he is at corner.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, if you want to watch him wag his finger as TEs walk into the endzone, sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post

He's also a very good corner and the most underrated player on this team. Jet fans are spoiled with Cro and Revis and don't realize how terrible CB's across the NFL are. WR's are putting up huge numbers every week yet the Jets didn't allow a single 100 yard receiver all year... WITHOUT REVIS. Kyle Wilson, like EVERY CB not named Revis will get beat once or twice a game. He'd easily start on most NFL squads.
    lel, this argument again.

Wilson is a bust as a first-round pick, end of story.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Angry Are you reading these posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chupa View Post

Everything you said about Wilson is correct, but according to everybody else he stinks,if your not a pro bowler, your no good according to some of these people.Do they know what there watching?????

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post

Oh puhleeze -

Wilson has his issues but you don't have the kind of pass defense we did this year with a 'bust' on the field for every down. This sort of draft scorekeeping is silly: he filled a need for us and has done it rather cheaply, end of story. Would you feel better if we go out and pay someone 5X the money to do basically the same job?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is a man on guy, why do you think he has the instincts for zone?

Safety is tougher mentally and requires the DBack being able to read what is developing. A man on corner can be as dumb as rocks as long as he has the athletic ability to mirror. For instance, Cro was a top talent at press corner his first two years in SD, the third year the scheme changed and he played man off zone, he had a lousy year and the Jets traded him for a conditional pick.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

As a first round pick, yes. But that doesn't make him a bad player, he is still a decent corner.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wilson is wagging his finger at this conversation

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Would you feel better if we go out and pay someone 5X the money to do basically the same job?
    I'd feel better if my first-round corner could learn to turn his head and locate the ball after three years.

Silly me, I know.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    As a first round pick, yes. But that doesn't make him a bad player, he is still a decent corner.
    He could be better as a safety though. I think he could.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL at bust. IF he was cut by the Jets today there would be teams lined up to pick him up. Is he is a pro bowler, absolutely not. But he started most of the season and held his own as a #2. Even if he is just a good #3 Cb that is pretty solid. Gholston was a bust, Wilson is just a player that hasn't reached the level we expected.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't call him a bust and is a legitimate starter on most teams. His game improved this season but is far from great. It remains to be seen if he improves further...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think if Wilson was a 4th round draft pick, people would be more than happy with him. The problem is that he was a 1st round pick and therefore expectations are higher. Revis and Cromartie were also 1st round picks. I dont know how many secondaries have 3 first round picks as their top 3 corners. Add Landry and you have a secondary full of first round picks.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by revischrist View Post
    LOL at bust. IF he was cut by the Jets today there would be teams lined up to pick him up. Is he is a pro bowler, absolutely not. But he started most of the season and held his own as a #2. Even if he is just a good #3 Cb that is pretty solid. Gholston was a bust, Wilson is just a player that hasn't reached the level we expected.
    Spin it any way you'd like. I'd have no issue with Wilson if he was a third or fourth round pick, but to say he's justified a first round selection reeks of kool aid.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Oh puhleeze -

Wilson has his issues but you don't have the kind of pass defense we did this year with a 'bust' on the field for every down. This sort of draft scorekeeping is silly: he filled a need for us and has done it rather cheaply, end of story. Would you feel better if we go out and pay someone 5X the money to do basically the same job?
    This. I watch Nnamdi play and plenty other big name FA CBs and Wilson looks pretty good in comparison.

We are just spoiled by Revis. I remember many members on this board killing Cromartie last year. Now he is a stud.