Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Should jets move Wilson to FS?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chesapeakejet View Post
    Only if you confirm the Jets played man to man all year.
    Rex defense is built on man coverage .. Nothing changed except Cro played Revis role..

Only if you confirm the Jets played man to man all year.
    Does this total include the yardage that he gave up due to him committing pass interference because he was beat?

Kenny Phillips from the Giants is an intersting possibility at safety.

He is very athletic, and by all accounts a good player when healthy, but unfortunatley that isnt very often.

He should be able to be had relatively cheap on a 1 year deal

Im very glad

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    The Pro-Wilson argument is laughable. He gets beat on every single play. Terrible CB. I could see him being a decent FS though becuase he is a decent tackler and was better at zone/slot coverage.
    Im very glad your not a candidate for our GM position. Wilsons a good #2nd corner. Go and see how he stacks up against other teams #2nd corner, you might change your view.I know statistics don't tell the full story,but we were 2nd in the NFL in pass defense without a great pass rush. What does that mean, that our secondary did a very good holding up there end,including Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Name 1 reciever that lit him up for 100 yards all year?
    Well it is hard for a guy to get 100 yards if you commit pass interference at the rate that he does. Add up that total to the total yards then see how he did.

Quote Originally Posted by GenoT View Post
    Im very glad your not a candidate for our GM position. Wilsons a good #2nd corner. Go and see how he stacks up against other teams #2nd corner, you might change your view.I know statistics don't tell the full story,but we were 2nd in the NFL in pass defense without a great pass rush. What does that mean, that our secondary did a very good holding up there end,including Wilson
    No it means that the opponent had great field position and was able to run the ball down the jets throats. If the other team only had to drive 60 yards to score and was able to run the ball, why pass.

Oh please

Quote Originally Posted by patman View Post
    No it means that the opponent had great field position and was able to run the ball down the jets throats. If the other team only had to drive 60 yards to score and was able to run the ball, why pass.
    I realize that,that's why i said in my post stats don't tell the full story. But when your ranking is that high, you don't have dogs running around for you in the secondary.Like i said a few times here, go check his numbers with some of the other name corners in the league, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by eaglenj View Post
    Kenny Phillips from the Giants is an intersting possibility at safety.

He is very athletic, and by all accounts a good player when healthy, but unfortunatley that isnt very often.

He should be able to be had relatively cheap on a 1 year deal
    I was thinking about him. He is like Rhodes was before he went Hollywood. But that knee is a major concern.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    This is a horrible idea... On every level.

Wilson's two weaknesses are tackling and dealing with the ball in the. Both of which are the most important aspects of playing the safety position.
    The scouting report from the draft says he was an excellent tackler. I've seen him get juked occasionally; however, overall he is a decent tackler.

Undrafted Free Agent
    he's a solid tackler....because he gives so much of a cushion on short routes and he trails the longer ones so that the WR he is assigned makes every catch and he has to make the tackle

All Pro
    Always amazes me how people get down on players over the littlest things. Finger wagging - my god, he must suck. Throwing up in training camp - BUST, cut him now!

Wilson may never be a pro-bowl player, but he does a job for us, doesn't cost more than his production, and doesn't behave like a jerk off the field (no DUI's, assault charges etc).

Golden Tate wins the jump ball

First off, nice coverage on that play. The ball was thrown in the only place Wilson couldn't knock it down. Thanks for making my point.

What some of you don't realize is that this a passing league. Megatron had 122 catches this year. Marshall had 118, Welker 118, A Johnson 112, Wayne 106, Greem 97 and so on.

This isn't the 1970's. Corners give up TONS of catches because they can't touch the WR after 5 yards. Its the nature of the position. Only Revis can absolutely shut down a stud WR. The fact that you can point to a catch here or stiff arm there is pretty meaningless considering the 5 players i mentioned above, alone, accounted for about 530 receptions.

Then when you factor in the Jets had zero players in the top 40/50 in sacks (ranked 6th in sacks) means that Kyle had to stay on his man longer than most CBs. The more i analyze his play the more I am impressed with his season.

Sure we all the hate the winger wiggle after he lets ago get open but the guy drops the ball, but I like that he has confidence. That is one of the most important traits for a CB.