Thread: Westhoff will be on WFAN at 2pm followed by @DailyNewsLive on @SNYtv at 5

Westhoff will be on WFAN at 2pm followed by @DailyNewsLive on @SNYtv at 5

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Mike Westhoff making the rounds today. On w/Joe Rose in SFla this morning. Will be on WFAN at 2pm followed by @DailyNewsLive on @SNYtv at 5

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

oh boy. another westhoff thread, followed by a 3rd at 5pm... all saying the same things!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Mike Westhoff making the rounds today. On w/Joe Rose in SFla this morning. Will be on WFAN at 2pm followed by @DailyNewsLive on @SNYtv at 5
    Westhoff Unchained.

With Mike Francesa, no less. Required listening. DVR set to go. The public outing of Rex by his staff begins.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    oh boy. another westhoff thread, followed by a 3rd at 5pm... all saying the same things!
    Just wanted to let people know when and where he'd be on....carry on

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Westhoff Unchained.

With Mike Francesa, no less. Required listening. DVR set to go. The public outing of Rex by his staff begins.

SAR I
    You appear to long for, and enjoy, negative news far too much IMO.

I will admit, I do wonder what Westy thinks of Sanchez, the turnovers, and the unproductive nature of the Sanchez four-year-experiment.

Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    The best is when everyone acts as if each time he says the same thing, its worthy of a new thread.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Warfish View Post
    You appear to long for, and enjoy, negative news far too much IMO.

I will admit, I do wonder what Westy thinks of Sanchez, the turnovers, and the unproductive nature of the Sanchez four-year-experiment.
    Yes, I won't hide from that accusation.

Until Rex Ryan is gone the New York Jets will not improve. So every negative article, negative comment, or negative radio interview is one step closer to getting the rebuilding underway already so we can actually do something in our lifetimes.

As relates to this particular interview, Mike Westhoff is a very candid man who no longer has to care about his political ties in NFL circles. As long as Francess asks the important and biting questions, we are going to get some very good clarity into what happened these past two seasons.

SAR I

Will be interesting to hear if he says anything different from what he said on the Miami station in the AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Will be interesting to hear if he says anything different from what he said on the Miami station in the AM.
    All depends on the interviewer questions. I think Francesa will ask great, insightful questions...I've rarely seen the DN at 5pm..That seems to be fluff like, non-knowledgeable writers that will only ask about Tebow..

Yes, I won't hide from that accusation. (that you long for, and enjoy, negative news)
    Honesty is always a good thing.

Until Rex Ryan is gone the New York Jets will not improve.
    Aye, I am aware of your 2-win prediction for 2013, and more seriously, your overall beliefs.

So every negative article, negative comment, or negative radio interview is one step closer to getting the rebuilding underway already so we can actually do something in our lifetimes.
    Given the seasonal nature of the sport, and the fact that Ryan has been retained for 2013, the next "step" cannot occur until 2014.

If, as you believe, Ryan "will not improve", he will be terminated for the 2014 season.

As such, how does enjoyment and eagarness for negativity in an off-field, post-season interview serve to "get one step closer" to your stated goal?

As relates to this particular interview, Mike Westhoff is a very candid man who no longer has to care about his political ties in NFL circles. As long as Francess asks the important and biting questions, we are going to get some very good clarity into what happened these past two seasons.
    Agreed, and agreed. We may disagree on what those "important" questions are, of course, with your focussed on Ryan, and mine on Sanchez.

SAR I
    WARFISH

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    All depends on the interviewer questions. I think Francesa will ask great, insightful questions...I've rarely seen the DN at 5pm..That seems to be fluff like, non-knowledgeable writers that will only ask about Tebow..
    Hate Francessa all you want. You know the questions he will ask will be excellent. Can't wait to hear what the escapee from asylum has to say.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Given the seasonal nature of the sport, and the fact that Ryan has been retained for 2013, the next "step" cannot occur until 2014.

If, as you believe, Ryan "will not improve", he will be terminated for the 2014 season.

As such, how does enjoyment and eagarness for negativity in an off-field, post-season interview serve to "get one step closer" to your stated goal?

WARFISH
    There are 357 days left in the Rex Ryan era.

So today counts.

SARFISH

There are 357 days left in the Rex Ryan era.

So today counts.
    You most certainly may be right. While I support the retention of Ryan for 2013, I am well aware and honest about the fact that he may fail, and that the odds are not in his favor at current.

The question I'm most concerned with, is how long is the clock on Mark Sanchez in Jets Green.

SARFISH
    FISHSAR II
    Last edited by Warfish; 01-11-2013 at 12:49 PM.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

You most certainly may be right. While I support the retention of Ryan for 2013, I am well aware andhonest about the fact that he may fail, and that the odds are not in his favor at current.

The question I'm most concerned with, is how long is the clock on Mark Sanchez in Jets Green.

FISHSAR
    Sanchez is done, stick a fork in him.

The only hope for salvation was getting a great GM in here who would insist on a significant upgrade at offensive coordinator and a dedication to getting good offensive playmakers in here. We are not getting a top grade GM therefore Rex Ryan still builds the roster so we won't get top grade players therefore Mark Sanchez is done.

It's a bit of a shame because we'll never know what he might have been in more competent hands.

SAR I

Sanchez will be the QB next year. Rex and the Mex are kindred spirits

Sanchez is done, stick a fork in him.
    I'd love to.

I even have one in mind:

It's a bit of a shame because we'll never know what he might have been in more competent hands.
    Ken O'Brien and Chad Pennington say hello. Both more "woulda, coulda" than actual.

SAR I
    I RAS