Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Thoughts on Dee Milliner

  1. #1

    Thoughts on Dee Milliner

    Now that he's decided to enter the draft, thoughts on drafting him and trading Revis. We would get a potential stud-to-be at corner, while accumulating draft picks and giving us cap relief. Plus we don't know how Revis will be coming off injury.

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    I'd love to get Milliner, but I am in the "no Revis trade" camp. The only way the Jets need Milliner is if they let one of the corners go. If not, Jets must pass and fill other needs. But I think Milliner will be very good. Such good reflexes and size (6-1, 200).

  3. #3
    I hope you're not suggesting that he'll come in and be Revis like it's that easy.

    Hell, it would be great if Milliner could just turn into anything close to Antonio Cromartie.


    And coming from someone who likes Milliner as a player, but any idea that he could just turn into a once in a lifetime corner like Revis is crazy. Or it's just showing no understanding of just how good Revis is.

    Generally speaking, you don't trade hall of famers so I'd rather keep Revis. And ACL injuries are nothing anymore... 6 month oil change. Forget AP, the examples are countless now of guys who have no problem coming back 100%

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfan1983 View Post
    I hope you're not suggesting that he'll come in and be Revis like it's that easy.

    Hell, it would be great if Milliner could just turn into anything close to Antonio Cromartie.


    And coming from someone who likes Milliner as a player, but any idea that he could just turn into a once in a lifetime corner like Revis is crazy. Or it's just showing no understanding of just how good Revis is.

    Generally speaking, you don't trade hall of famers so I'd rather keep Revis. And ACL injuries are nothing anymore... 6 month oil change. Forget AP, the examples are countless now of guys who have no problem coming back 100%
    Of course he won't be Revis his first year, that's why i said stud-to-be and used a word like "potential". I think given the fact that our secondary was able to hold the fort down in Revis absence, it would be ok to draft this kid and let him grow.

  5. #5
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    666
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddtoBarkum1615 View Post
    Of course he won't be Revis his first year, that's why i said stud-to-be and used a word like "potential". I think given the fact that our secondary was able to hold the fort down in Revis absence, it would be ok to draft this kid and let him grow.
    CB next to QB is one of the hardest transitions in the NFL. No way we trade Revis for potential.

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    28,195
    My thoughts on Milliner are that I'll f*cking murder someone if we take a CB in the Top 10

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    My thoughts on Milliner are that I'll f*cking murder someone if we take a CB in the Top 10
    LOL yep. I want Rex fired on the spot if it happens

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us