Thread: Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly

In my opinion, Brian Kelly would of been the perfect coach for the NY Jets. He knows how to win football games and has won champonships everywhere he's gone in college. Paired with a talent evaluating GM like Gaine or Gamble, this team would go in the right direction. But this is a very rash concept for an inept owner like Woody Johnson who doesn't know his ass from his elbow when comes to football or anything else in that matter (Daddy made him his billions).
    I have been a jet fan for 38 years now and this is the darkest days of this franchise to tell you the truth. This is worse than the Leon Hess Era where at least I knew that the team was awful and that they didnt have to lie to their fans ala Rex and Woody. Our fans are passionate for this Team, in the good times and the bad times. We deserve much better than this.

Sorry I know there are a lot of similar posts like this but I just needed to vent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    In my opinion, Brian Kelly would of been the perfect coach for the NY Jets. He knows how to win football games and has won champonships everywhere he's gone in college. Paired with a talent evaluating GM like Gaine or Gamble, this team would go in the right direction. But this is a very rash concept for an inept owner like Woody Johnson who doesn't know his ass from his elbow when comes to football or anything else in that matter (Daddy made him his billions).
    I have been a jet fan for 38 years now and this is the darkest days of this franchise to tell you the truth. This is worse than the Leon Hess Era where at least I knew that the team was awful and that they didnt have to lie to their fans ala Rex and Woody. Our fans are passionate for this Team, in the good times and the bad times. We deserve much better than this.

Sorry I know there are a lot of similar posts like this but I just needed to vent.
    We are lucky to have an owner like Mr Johnson. He comes from good stock. He went to Millbrook School which emphasizes community service and give back to society. Millbrook unique is the progressive mission that the school embodies. The school motto is "Non Sibi Sed Cunctis" Latin for "Not for One's Self but for All" and this is incorporated in every facet of school life, most notably in the Community Service Program.

He also graduated from the University of Arizona and is a world class Philanthropist. His net worth is 3.5 Billion and family net worth around 15 Billion.

How is this guy an ass ? His demeanor and humbleness are outstanding. He goes about his business and tries to make the right decisions for the Jets as a company and for the fans.

I think we give the guy the benefit of the doubt and see what happens from here.

I guess your TV wasn't working Monday night

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    We are lucky to have an owner like Mr Johnson. He comes from good stock. He went to Millbrook School which emphasizes community service and give back to society. Millbrook unique is the progressive mission that the school embodies. The school motto is "Non Sibi Sed Cunctis" Latin for "Not for One's Self but for All" and this is incorporated in every facet of school life, most notably in the Community Service Program.

He also graduated from the University of Arizona and is a world class Philanthropist. His net worth is 3.5 Billion and family net worth around 15 Billion.

How is this guy an ass ? His demeanor and humbleness are outstanding. He goes about his business and tries to make the right decisions for the Jets as a company and for the fans.

I think we give the guy the benefit of the doubt and see what happens from here.
    I must admire you for your eloquence but I didn't say he was an ass. I said he doesnt know his ass from his elbow as far as football is concerned. This is not a business for nice guys and philanthropists. You need to be savvy, knowledgable about the game and have the balls to make a big move when its necessary. Woody does not have any of these skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    I guess your TV wasn't working Monday night
    You mean about Gamble supposedly flunking his interview?

You mean about Gamble supposedly flunking his interview?
    You know what I mean - BK and not the broiler

hell no

He won 2 National Championships in the early 2000s with D2 Grand Valley State. What other championships has he won?

And if the debacle that he put on the field on Monday night didn't scare you, I dunno what would.

Dude isn't leaving Notre Dame to be an OC in the NFL. He'll leave to be a HC if the job is more desirable than the status he has at ND.

He makes 2.6M a year to coach ND. The recent interviews is being widely speculated to be angling for a raise from ND. He's not taking a significant pay cut to coach an NFL offense. He's got tons of job security, more than an NFL coach would have.

I get it, lets start threads about who we could have had. OK, Ill start.

We could have had Lombardi back in the 60;s but he stayed with Green Bay.

Jets Insider VIP
    I must admire you for your eloquence but I didn't say he was an ass. I said he doesnt know his ass from his elbow as far as football is concerned. This is not a business for nice guys and philanthropists. You need to be savvy, knowledgable about the game and have the balls to make a big move when its necessary. Woody does not have any of these skills.

Ok

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post

He also graduated from the University of Arizona
    Impressive

In 2012, U.S. News & World Report ranked the University of Arizona as the 120th best national university[20] in the United States.

Brian Kelley will not translate into a good pro NFL coach