Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mangini for GM

Mangini for GM

With an assistant who manages the cap. The drafts were awesome when he was here. I think a harda** being a level up from the rank-and-file would work well. Rex also couldn't BS him.

What do you think?

I'd be open to it but it just seems like one of those things that would never happen. I'm sure this isn't an option in reality.

PROBLEM: WHOEVER WE HIRE- REX WILL SCREW THINGS UP

www.turnonthejets.com

= Jaguars fire GM Gene Smith: A+ Grade
    Charlie Campbell first reported that this would happen on Nov. 27. Gene Smith traded up to No. 10 overall for Blaine Gabbert, gave Laurent Robinson a ton of money and used a third-round pick on a punter. I could list at least two dozen other blunders of his if there weren't so many other firings today.

Jets fire GM Mike Tannebaum: Incomplete Grade
    Rex Ryan needs to go too, so that's why this is incomplete. Ryan has to be axed for screwing up the Tim Tebow situation so poorly. There's no doubt the Jets would have at least been in playoff contention if they did the right thing and went with Tebow the whole year. Instead, Ryan homoclitically stuck with an inept Mark Sanchez all year. He should be fired for that because he can't be trusted to make logical decisions.

We seriously need to stop with this Mangini garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    www.turnonthejets.com

Charlie Campbell first reported that this would happen on Nov. 27. Gene Smith traded up to No. 10 overall for Blaine Gabbert, gave Laurent Robinson a ton of money and used a third-round pick on a punter. I could list at least two dozen other blunders of his if there weren't so many other firings today.

Rex Ryan needs to go too, so that's why this is incomplete. Ryan has to be axed for screwing up the Tim Tebow situation so poorly. There's no doubt the Jets would have at least been in playoff contention if they did the right thing and went with Tebow the whole year. Instead, Ryan homoclitically stuck with an inept Mark Sanchez all year. He should be fired for that because he can't be trusted to make logical decisions.
    makes 100% sense to me.

All Pro
    DUMP

All Pro
    Not saying Mangini wuould not be a good GM, I just don't think he has the background re scouting and player evaluation that I am hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    With an assistant who manages the cap. The drafts were awesome when he was here. I think a harda** being a level up from the rank-and-file would work well. Rex also couldn't BS him.

What do you think?
    Yeah because guys like Gholston, Eric Smith and Anthony Schleigel were brilliant picks.

What do you think?
    C'mon. He's never been in any FO or scouting role.. I think you guys just think all the GM does is make draft picks. He leads the complete FO operation. He oversees the Pro player personnel dept, the college scouting dept, the cap. The Jets need a more seasoned FO/personnel guy

I'd rather have him back at HC.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Remember when we were all laughing about the Browns and Mangini only getting a swap of 1sts, a 2nd, Elam, Ratliff, and Coleman for the #5 pick in the draft? Or when we laughed when we got Braylon Edwards for a draft pick and Chansi Stuckey?

Jets Insider VIP
    I'd rather have Mike Mayock as GM than Mangini.

Jets Insider VIP
    A GM has to have some management skills. From what I read about him, he started out getting coffee for everybody. He knows the x and o's but an executive position requires some education.....no?

I just want it fixed! I don't know anything about Gamble, Caldwell, or any other candidates. Just get me multiple SBs!

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    www.turnonthejets.com

Enough with the "Rex screwed up the Tebow experiment" BS

Woody screwed that up by forcing the trade to happen. He was never wanted to begin with by the team, only the owner.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'd rather have Mycock as GM than Mangini.
    +1

He's more of a director of player personnel guy I think.

I have a better idea.
    Hire Gamble as GM and bring back Mangini as HC

All Pro
    If I were Woody Johnson I would hire him in some position in the FO under the GM and groom him to be the GM, and in the meantime give him oversight over Rex and force him to learn some discipline in game preparation. He sounds like he learned a lot in that dept from the Bellichick experience but overworked the players in practice (at least according to L. Coles).

And I would convince that Khan guy to come work as a capologist + and pay him whatever he wanted, along with the fancy title.

What do you think?
    Too funny. I was thinking about this last night. I think it would be intriguing. But, his lack of experience in FO would be a drawback. Can we bring him back on the coaching staff? Secondary coach?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I'd rather have Mike Mayock as GM than Mangini.
    Yeah, but then who would the NFL Network have to make Mel Kiper look like a complete idiot?????