Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mangini for GM

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Yeah because guys like Gholston, Eric Smith and Anthony Schleigel were brilliant picks.
    Show me anyone that's has an absolute perfect career with every single draft pick working out as planned. Especially with Smith and Schlegel, like every single 3rd round pick is a stud

How about also keeping guys like Brick, Mangold, Washington, Rhodes, Revis, and Harris in mind too? I'm not giving Mangini 100% credit for the picks, obviously Tannenbaum deserves his, but seriously if you're going to single out three random bad draft picks from that era at least be objective about it and look at the drafting as a whole. Don't think there's much of a question that our drafting under Tanny with Mangini was a hell of a lot better than post-Mangini. I don't think a GM just magically forgets how to evaluate and draft talent...
    Last edited by unchartedm0nkey; 01-11-2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: typo

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    www.turnonthejets.com

= Jaguars fire GM Gene Smith: A+ Grade
    Charlie Campbell first reported that this would happen on Nov. 27. Gene Smith traded up to No. 10 overall for Blaine Gabbert, gave Laurent Robinson a ton of money and used a third-round pick on a punter. I could list at least two dozen other blunders of his if there weren't so many other firings today.

Jets fire GM Mike Tannebaum: Incomplete Grade
    Rex Ryan needs to go too, so that's why this is incomplete. Ryan has to be axed for screwing up the Tim Tebow situation so poorly. There's no doubt the Jets would have at least been in playoff contention if they did the right thing and went with Tebow the whole year. Instead, Ryan homoclitically stuck with an inept Mark Sanchez all year. He should be fired for that because he can't be trusted to make logical decisions.
    He screwed things up poorly? Tebow hahahaha. WTF is homoclitically. Is that like the reason Tebow homoclitically doesn't like girls?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by escamoter2 View Post
    Too funny. I was thinking about this last night. I think it would be intriguing. But, his lack of experience in FO would be a drawback. Can we bring him back on the coaching staff? Secondary coach?
    Sorry, but he's a horrible coach. I can't imagine the players even hear him speaking. He does have a very good analytical brain. Cold and calculating, but he always seems to be looking for a new angle. Seems like front office material to me. I agree with Vinny's niece. Give him the assistant GM title and let him learn. He could be the assistant DC if you want. I just wouldn't put him in charge of anyone. He seems like a good guy to have giving advice,and different perspectives on things. He just doesn't have much gravitas.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    Yeah because guys like Gholston, Eric Smith and Anthony Schleigel were brilliant picks.
    No but i take Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Dustin Keller (dont forget guys like Dwight Lowery, Drew Coleman) any day over Ducasse, Wilson, McKnight, Powell, Hill, Coples (so far Wilkerson has been the only "stud" that Rex has drafted.
    The current core on this team has been drafted by Mangini/Tannenbaum. Besides Gholston they actually did very very good!!
    Last edited by LB54; 01-11-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LB54 View Post
    No but i take Brick, Mangold, Revis, Harris, Leon Washington, Brad Smith, Dustin Keller (dont forget guys like Dwight Lowery, Drew Coleman) any day over Ducasse, Wilson, McKnight, Powell (so far Wilkerson has been the only "stud" that Rex has drafted.
    The current core on this team has been drafted by Mangini/Tannenbaum. Besides Gholston they actually did very very good!!
    In my post above I forgot to name some of those other guys, great post.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    With an assistant who manages the cap. The drafts were awesome when he was here. I think a harda** being a level up from the rank-and-file would work well. Rex also couldn't BS him.

What do you think?
    Eric please... stop writing in.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsOptimist View Post
    With an assistant who manages the cap. The drafts were awesome when he was here. I think a harda** being a level up from the rank-and-file would work well. Rex also couldn't BS him.

What do you think?
    I thought it made sense; just can't see them getting along. Mangini would go puke after every presser and Rex...

Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    I thought it made sense; just can't see them getting along. Mangini would go puke after every presser and Rex...
    Agreed Mangini is Rex's kryptonite .. And vice versa.

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunnie View Post
    Agreed Mangini is Rex's kryptonite .. And vice versa.
    /thread.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by WestCoastOffensive View Post
    LOL.... "It's a process motherfu&*er!"

Zorb on this

Quote Originally Posted by Seagirt View Post
    www.turnonthejets.com

y.

Jets fire GM Mike Tannebaum: Incomplete Grade
    Rex Ryan needs to go too, so that's why this is incomplete. Ryan has to be axed for screwing up the Tim Tebow situation so poorly. There's no doubt the Jets would have at least been in playoff contention if they did the right thing and went with Tebow the whole year. Instead, Ryan homoclitically stuck with an inept Mark Sanchez all year. He should be fired for that because he can't be trusted to make logical decisions.
    Actually, if we never traded for Tebow and kept Drew Stanton as our backup, we would have been in playoff contention. We wasted draft picks all this energy on a Canadian Football League football player. I hope you can speak French Timmy.

All Pro
    you gotta be kiddin !

Canned 4 years ago and promoted to GM? It's crazy enough that Woody would do it!

Bewildered Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by EM31 View Post
    LOL.... "It's a process motherfu&*er!"

Zorb on this

Are you sure you want to blend those two?