Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RB Eddie Lacy

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

RB Eddie Lacy

How about targetting him in the second round? Big back that hits the hole hard and has good speed. Him and Powell would make a good duo.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, the Jets may need that 2nd for a QB.

But I do like the RB idea.

I stated it elsewhere, but I think the Jets easiest path to rebuild is with a defense + running game draft (OLB, ILB, RB, OG, OT). That can be done in the draft.

The passing offense isn't going to get sorted out in 2013 - espc. (obviously) the QB spot.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lacy will be gone in the 1st.. Moving up!!!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Hmm, the Jets may need that 2nd for a QB.

But I do like the RB idea.

I stated it elsewhere, but I think the Jets easiest path to rebuild is with a defense + running game draft (OLB, ILB, RB, OG, OT). That can be done in the draft.

The passing offense isn't going to get sorted out in 2013 - espc. (obviously) the QB spot.
    I can certainly see that happening too...The ideal thing to do would be to trade down from the first and pick up multiple pcks and try to rebuild this offense.

Hearing that the Jets are interested in bringing in Morninweg and Jackson as OC is a very good sign because we will not see Sanchez again.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeT.MAC View Post
    Lacy will be gone in the 1st.. Moving up!!!
    Lmao no he will not .. 2nd rd at best.. Wait till he run that 40 time..

2nd no more slow rbs for me.. This offense is desperate for speed at the RB spot..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way he falls past wither the Falcons or the Packers in the first

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop24 View Post
    Lmao no he will not .. 2nd rd at best.. Wait till he run that 40 time..

2nd no more slow rbs for me.. This offense is desperate for speed at the RB spot..
    yes - there are quite a few guys who will come off before him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    How about targetting him in the second round? Big back that hits the hole hard and has good speed. Him and Powell would make a good duo.
    I have him as my #1 back. He actually has alot more lateral agility than most people think from watching him this year, as well. He played the whole season with a ankle injury that limited him and forced him to play the role of a north/south runner. I think he could be good in this league.

He has a running style comparable to that of Marshawn Lynch.

I, however, do not think he will pass GB at the end of the first round. They might go with Giovani Bernard, who has great receiving ability and might fit their offense better.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bernard and Franklin will come off the board before lacey IMO..

But like I said wait till he runs his 40..
    Last edited by Scoop24; 01-11-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he does look really good but that offensive line is beastly... how much is him vs the o line

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTrQMlOHpaA

if available in the second, I'd love to have him.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is a 2rd round back. Not any better then Powell or Greene. We can get a back just as good without the hype in the 4-5th. This is just a very poor RB draft not one of them will even get 1st round consideration. 2nd round is still a push for any of them IMO.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only back I want the Jets taking in the 2nd round is Montee Ball.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    He needs to lose the pacifier. Red flag. I like his lateral agility though.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    He is a 2rd round back. Not any better then Powell or Greene.
    Neither of whom were second rounders. And Greene is a sack of crap, Lacy showed me more breaking Te'o's ankles twice than Greene has shown me total since San Diego January '10.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JoePNYJ1 View Post
    I am not a draft guru but I don't think this guy will make it to the second round. He has great feet, can run with power and while not a pure breakaway runner, he can get the edge. I see him being more of an Emmit Smith type than Adrian Peterson...

I think he gets drafted a team like the Packers at the end of Round 1...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    The only back I want the Jets taking in the 2nd round is Montee Ball.
    If not for health I'd agree here. I'd consider Giovani Bernard too but not where we pick. I really think we will gat some very good 1st round talent picking that early in the 2nd. Be it a S, OLB, or QB. I just have a feeling someone we really shouldn't pass on for a JAG RB will be there.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing you could say is that he isn't a speed back. But that's ok. Arian Foster ran a 4.71 40 time at his pro day. It caused him to go undrafted. The Texans are doing the laughing now.

I don't care about track speed. I watch the player on the field. And to me, Montee Ball is the best back in the country with all the intangibles. We will get him in the 2nd round (hopefully) because he didn't live up to the expectations of being a Heisman candidate... even though there is a plethora of legitimate reasons for his perceived "slump". Dude still had an excellent year despite everyone being down on him. Can't pass on RB talent anymore.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    If not for health I'd agree here. I'd consider Giovani Bernard too but not where we pick. I really think we will gat some very good 1st round talent picking that early in the 2nd. Be it a S, OLB, or QB. I just have a feeling someone we really shouldn't pass on for a JAG RB will be there.
    What do you mean by his health? He's played in every game for the past 2 seasons despite getting close to 700 touches, most of those being carries. I know he got the concussion from the off-field attack. But he still produced under those circumstances too. I didn't think his health was a concern.

But I agree, I wouldn't reach for a RB in the 2nd round just because. Montee Ball or no one at all. I preface this by stating that I am hoping the Jets select Chance Warmack with the #9 pick. That's my dream scenario. Stud LG and RB and then go to town on whatever else is needed. I have visions of the Faneca power running days and bringing in Warmack, who is just a dominant force, and Ball who has all the tools will do WONDERS for the offense. Plus we aren't going to have a lot of money to spend at all this offseason so they might as well get the best bang for their buck offensively in the draft.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike Gillislee in Round 3/4 please