Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RB Eddie Lacy

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    What do you mean by his health? He's played in every game for the past 2 seasons despite getting close to 700 touches, most of those being carries. I know he got the concussion from the off-field attack. But he still produced under those circumstances too. I didn't think his health was a concern.

But I agree, I wouldn't reach for a RB in the 2nd round just because. Montee Ball or no one at all. I preface this by stating that I am hoping the Jets select Chance Warmack with the #9 pick. That's my dream scenario. Stud LG and RB and then go to town on whatever else is needed. I have visions of the Faneca power running days and bringing in Warmack, who is just a dominant force, and Ball who has all the tools will do WONDERS for the offense. Plus we aren't going to have a lot of money to spend at all this offseason so they might as well get the best bang for their buck offensively in the draft.
    In this league you see the word concussion and your sock drops automatically. It is almost like saying knee surgery these days.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lets also hope that Holmes comes back healthy (or not at all... I hate that guy), Hill learns how to catch, and Edwards gets a new contract. Then the offense I feel will be in a much better position. At that point we can target a journeyman QB who's looking for a real chance at being the starter and will come cheap for the opportunity. All we need is a middle of the pack offense to go with the defense and we'll be right back in playoff contention. I feel Warmack, Ball, a QB who can make some plays while not turning the ball over like an explosive diarrhetic, and an OC worth a damn will make a really big difference for the offense.

I'd look at OLB in the 3rd round. We've already got two safeties that we drafted last year. One was making lots of plays. The other probably didn't get that much of a shot. Either way, can't have all stars at every position. Landry isn't coming back. If we can convince Bell to sign on for another year at last year's salary then we'd be doing well with the secondary.

Honestly, I don't know what the fuss is about us getting a GM. There's a ton of ways to improve this team. I'd think someone would find the challenge exciting. Really, I just think the Jets haven't offered the position to anyone yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamers View Post
    In this league you see the word concussion and your sock drops automatically. It is almost like saying knee surgery these days.

While I agree with that statement, it's not like he has a history of that injury either. He still played the whole season without getting concussed again. Hopefully you are right though because anything that gets him to drop to the Jets in round 2 would be our gain.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get Chance Warmack for Guard, sign Reggie Bush in FA, get a QB in 2 round, sign Campbell as QB in FA, get LBs in 3 and 4th, Safety in 5, fill in the rest...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Get Chance Warmack for Guard, sign Reggie Bush in FA, get a QB in 2 round, sign Campbell as QB in FA, get LBs in 3 and 4th, Safety in 5, fill in the rest...
    We drafted two safeties last year. I wouldn't mind Campbell at QB though. Good call.

And I'm going to severely disagree with the Reggie Bush idea.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I want a RB that can catch the ball. If Lacy can do with regularity then I'd consider him. Rather take flyer on Lattimore in the 2nd then get another grinder that limits the offense.

Every time Greene is out there the QB is limited. Sanchez sucks but he'd be a whole lot better if he had a good solid check-down option at RB. Greene should be a late-game pounder... nothing else.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Marcus Lattimore is still worth taking a flier on if you can grab him in the 4th.

Yeldon is the true stud in Bama. That kid is going to be nasty in the NFL.

If Lacy gets picked up the Saints, do you think they could conceivably trade Ingram who I personally think hasn't gotten a fair shake there at all?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good plan. I don't see getting Bush, but good plan.

I think they will resign Greene though. Rex loves that guy for some reason.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    We drafted two safeties last year. I wouldn't mind Campbell at QB though. Good call.

And I'm going to severely disagree with the Reggie Bush idea.
    Why, we have our earth, wind, and fire on the Jets. He bulked up a bit and can run between the tackles. I can see a QB that can throw the screen to Reggie and the whole Offense becomes energized. He would stop the Blitz when Reggie burns you for a 30 yarder.

Anyway, what's your solution.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    T Y YELDON - 6'2 217 lbs RB I want on Jets when he Declares. Maybe 2014 draft after Sophmore yr.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why, we have our earth, wind, and fire on the Jets. He bulked up a bit and can run between the tackles. I can see a QB that can throw the screen to Reggie and the whole Offense becomes energized. He would stop the Blitz when Reggie burns you for a 30 yarder.

Anyway, what's your solution.
    Montee Ball first and foremost.

Then anyone not named Reggie Bush.