Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC: Mornhinweg?

All League

OC: Mornhinweg?

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Report: Marty Mornhinweg a candidate for Jets offensive coordinator http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TtQ

All League
    I like this one. WAY better than Cam Cameron and with Turner and MAYBE Jackson off the market, I would take this in a heart beat.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mornhinweg, Mularkey, Jackson...who cares?

Just get someone who has had success with running a prototypical NFL offense.

None of these dicks who want to "ground and pound" you like it's 1962.

I like it but I have concerns. Pat kirwan and Tim Ryan on Sirius nfl radio were talking about the possibility and felt him and Rex would have potential to collide with their personalities.

They also said the jets job looks in attractive to potential suitors and it might be a hard sell due to personnel and the possibility that it might be a 1 year landing spot.

Jets Insider VIP
    Report: Marty Mornhinweg a candidate for Jets offensive coordinator
    Posted by Josh Alper on January 11, 2013, 6:22 PM EST

APThe Jets havenít nailed down their general manager just yet, but that doesnít appear to be stopping them from moving forward with their search for a new offensive coordinator.

Darin Gantt brought you word of reported interest in Hue Jackson and heís been joined by another former NFL head coach on the Jetsí list. Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News reports that Marty Mornhinweg is in the mix for the job and that there will be an interview soon if it hasnít already happened on Friday.

Mornhinweg was the Eaglesí offensive coordinator this season, a job heís held since 2006 and heís been on the Eagles staff since his two-year run as the Lionsí head coach ended with a 5-27 record after two years.

His offense in Philly was slanted much more heavily toward the passing game than anything the Jets have done since Rex Ryan became the head coach. Ryan talked a big game about changing that before next season, although the team might not have the right personnel to move in a completely different direction.

Itís too soon to speculate on what impact Mornhinweg will have on the Jets offense since he doesnít work for the Jets now and might never work for them. Between Jackson and Mornhinweg, though, weíve got some idea of what direction the team would like to take offensively.

I would like Carmichael

Pete Carmichael
    Offensive coordinator, New Orleans Saints

We mentioned the Saintsí QB coach, Joe Lombardi, but mistakenly neglected to bring up Carmichael in our initial rundown of possible candidates. It looks like he wonít be back with the Saints this year despite being their offensive coordinator for the past four seasons and, before that, choreographing their air-it-out passing game as a QB coach and as a passing game coordinator. This would be a great hire if Ryan was looking to add a little bit more zip to the offense.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...tor_can_1.html

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by JetFuel View Post
    I would like Carmichael

Pete Carmichael
    Offensive coordinator, New Orleans Saints

We mentioned the Saintsí QB coach, Joe Lombardi, but mistakenly neglected to bring up Carmichael in our initial rundown of possible candidates. It looks like he wonít be back with the Saints this year despite being their offensive coordinator for the past four seasons and, before that, choreographing their air-it-out passing game as a QB coach and as a passing game coordinator. This would be a great hire if Ryan was looking to add a little bit more zip to the offense.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...tor_can_1.html
    I don't know why everyone always wants someone from New Orleans or Green Bay.

Give me a guy who has proven that he can field a respectable offense without a HOF QB behind center.

Question is, does he want to work for a moron? If so, it would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    I don't know why everyone always wants someone from New Orleans or Green Bay.

Give me a guy who has proven that he can field a respectable offense without a HOF QB behind center.
    Excellent point. It's not hard to run an offense if Brees or Rodgers is your QB.

One thing that would scare me is Mornhinwig was there as Vick proceded to do a Sanchez the last few years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't we be looking for a guy that can develope a QB, whether it's Sanchez(hope not) or a draft pick?

Quote Originally Posted by rextilleon View Post
    Question is, does he want to work for a moron? If so, it would be a good thing.
    Sad to say, but that's it in a nutshell.
    Last edited by section314; 01-11-2013 at 07:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Jets Insider VIP
    The Eagles didn't do very good with him as OC. What makes you think he can turn things around with half the talent then the Eagles had?

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    Sad to say, but that's it in a nutshell.
    Thank you my friend. The whole problem with the Jets is the idiot head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    The Eagles didn't do very good with him as OC. What makes you think he can turn things around with half the talent then the Eagles had?
    What makes the Chiefs think Andy Reid can do a good job without any viable QB.

Quote Originally Posted by section314 View Post
    One thing that would scare me is Mornhinwig was there as Vick proceded to do a Sanchez the last few years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't we be looking for a guy that can develope a QB, whether it's Sanchez(hope not) or a draft pick?
    The thing about Vick these past few years, is the condition of his Offensive line. You can't completely absolve him of his actions, but Vick didn't just regress because it was the cool thing to do. He was getting killed behind those guys. We tend to get some solid line play with our guys. Sanchez just makes them look terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by DanNamath View Post
    The thing about Vick these past few years, is the condition of his Offensive line. You can't completely absolve him of his actions, but Vick didn't just regress because it was the cool thing to do. He was getting killed behind those guys. We tend to get some solid line play with our guys. Sanchez just makes them look terrible.
    Yep Sanchez runs around for all 2 seconds and then gets sacked or forces a throw downfield. He's certainly making the Jets Oline look bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by 56mehl56 View Post
    What makes the Chiefs think Andy Reid can do a good job without any viable QB.
    I'll play devils' advocate. He's been around for awhile and has been successful. He has the coaches etc and lots of contacts. Lots of experience.

I personally don't think it will work out but who knows. It's Kansas City. They do have some good looking woman there as the song goes.

I'll play devils' advocate. He's been around for awhile and has been successful. He has the coaches etc and lots of contacts. Lots of experience.

I personally don't think it will work out but who knows. It's Kansas City. They do have some good looking woman there as the song goes.
    The real point is you never know when a certain team or situation will workout for a coach or coordinator. I'm sure the Patriots fans were pumped to get Belicheck as HC after his failed stint with the Browms and after previously leaving NE where he was an asst HC.

Sure Andy Reid had a great run in Philly, it doesn't mean he'll have success in KC just as their's no way of knowing if Mornhinweg's offense will work for the Jets. You can't just simply look at how a coach did for another team and think it translates to his new team .

Eagles talent is over rated. Vick was trash. Jackson is done. Maclin sucks more then schil and they had the worst OL last year. But yeah I agree I want nothing to do with Wiggy. He is one of the biggest reasons that O turned from unstoppable to trash IMO. He is anther OC that doesn't adjust his O once the season starts.