Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Jim Popp: "I would like the challenge of turning around the NYJ"

  1. #1
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,740

    Jim Popp: "I would like the challenge of turning around the NYJ"

    Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS
    Jim Popp: "I love my job w/#Alouettes. I would like the challenge of turning the #NYJ around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York."

  2. #2
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.
    I thought it was reported that he did?

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    4,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.
    I haven't been following the interviews all that closely the last few days, is it being rumored they are done interviewing or just a thought on your part.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.

    Interviews are done?

    Interview Popp man, what's to lose. If he is good at evaluating talent, and has had success in Canada, interview him.

    What the he'll, might as well

  6. #6
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.
    It was reported by two different sources that we interviewed him.

    And since when the hell are interviews over?

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.
    Link?

    Everything thing I have read so far states otherwise.....

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.
    Ron, are you Woody Johnson?


    Are you a part of the Front-office that knows what's going on?



    No, of course you're not.


    Why you're posting as if you KNOW that the interviews are done without any basis, proof, or link is beyond me....

  9. #9
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @willie5123 Popp did not interview. Idzik and 2 mystery candidates
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @willie5123 Popp did not interview. Idzik and 2 mystery candidates
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite
    Well that's BETTER, Ron.


    But that still doesn't say that the "Interviews are over" like you stated....

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Ron, are you Woody Johnson?


    Are you a part of the Front-office that knows what's going on?



    No, of course you're not.


    Why you're posting as if you KNOW that the interviews are done without any basis, proof, or link is beyond me....
    I figure everyone is keeping up with the beatwriters (Costello)...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @willie5123 Popp did not interview. Idzik and 2 mystery candidates
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite
    @HerbZurkowsky1: Not only is #Als' GM Jim Popp on NY Jets' radar, been told he already has interviewed. And Jets officials may have flown to NC to see him!

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Well that's BETTER, Ron.


    But that still doesn't say that the "Interviews are over" like you stated....
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    #Jets conclude GM interviews. Suck it, #vin

    lol

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    #Jets conclude GM interviews. Suck it, #vin

    lol
    Well sh-t!



    Consider me P@WNED like a Cheap Suit.




    Seriously, though....I haven't heard any official word on the status of the Jets interviewing yet...

  15. #15
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Super Insider Triple VIP Island
    Posts
    8,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @willie5123 Popp did not interview. Idzik and 2 mystery candidates
    Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite
    So they're 'mysterious' but not so mysterious that we know it's not Popp? And does that mean interviews are done? And what about the rumor that Woody flew to Canada?

  16. #16
    Brian Costello
    ‏@BrianCoz
    @TurnOnTheJets It would truly be a guess. I suspect it'll be one of the guys interviewed in last 2 days and not the ones from last weekend.
    Reply Retweet Favorite

  17. #17
    I bet at least ONE of the mystery guys is Cohen.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    I bet at least ONE of the mystery guys is Cohen.
    Yea, but that would be a Jest move, and the Jest going full on Jest would surprise absolutely no one.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Didier Orméjuste ‏@DidierRDS
    Jim Popp: "I love my job w/#Alouettes. I would like the challenge of turning the #NYJ around and bring them to the playoffs. It's New York."
    Escamoter2: "I would very much like you to handle the challenge."

    But, I would put money on one of the mystery candidates being Charlie Casserly and watch us give it to him. LOL

  20. #20
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Ormond Beach, Florida, United States
    Posts
    12,798
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    @HerbZurkowsky1: Not only is #Als' GM Jim Popp on NY Jets' radar, been told he already has interviewed. And Jets officials may have flown to NC to see him!
    and that is what I chose to believe!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us