Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Popp: "I would like the challenge of turning around the NYJ"

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yea, but that would be a Jest move, and the Jest going full on Jest would surprise absolutely no one.
    How about this :

The NY Jets are proud to introduce our new GM......VINNY TESTAVERDE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    How about this :

That would awesome!!!!!!! lol

How about this :

That would be great

Wait a minute. Somebody in the media is lying. We have conflicting reports saying that he or did not interview.

And the fact that Popp responded by saying he would like the Jets job means that he must have been talked to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    Well he didn't interview. And interviews are done. So let it go.
    Pretty sure he wouldn't be expressing his interest on twitter if he didnt interview. Not sure what you have against him.

I'm with the Popp majority on this one. Popp all the way. He's the first candidate to openly express he WELCOMES OUR CHALLENGES. On top of everything else he brings, that means a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Wait a minute. Somebody in the media is lying. We have conflicting reports saying that he or did not interview.
    It could be the NY beat guys don't even know who he is.

Coz is also just talking about those interviewed the past 2 days in Florham Park. If the report was true that they interviewed him in Carolina it could explain the "misinformation".

Looking at the Twitter conversation I think he might have meant that he didn't interview within the last 2 days. As proved by:

Brian Costello ‏@BrianCoz
    @Rachid_I they've talked to him but no formal interview

How about this :

Jets Insider VIP
    How about this :

LOL -score!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    First they give us Gamble, then they take him away.

Then they give us Popp, then they take him away.

What a bad week.

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

And the fact that Popp responded by saying he would like the Jets job means that he must have been talked to.
    Agree about Popp. I take that tweet to mean that Popp wants the jets to know that he's not going to Caldwell them by wasting their time with interviews to drive up his price with another NFL team.

Jets Insider VIP
    The Jets are definitely trying to do the right thing but they always seem like the band guy on the wrong down beat.

I am definitely a Popp guy. But if they go in a different direction I will be very disappointed because here is a guy who wants to come here despite the challenges. But the Jets as a franchise always out think themselves. Obrien is better than Marino for example or the recent we have a secret plan that no one else in the entire NFL has regarding Tebow, only we don't nor did we have a plan regarding Tebow. So when we said we did but didn't we were just tricking every other NFL observer.

It is all madness. But at the end of the day all I can ask is that the Jets have a plan, other then the in house guy Cohen whom they didn't think enough of to immediately promote, so that we can look forward to this up coming season with more foolishness.

"Hi I work in the CFL and I'd like an NFL upper management job" .. Fanbase "LETS THIS GUY HE WANTS TO BE HERE" ..

u guys are nuts. This would be far worse than the Sparano hire. FAR FAR worse

Veteran
    Parcells? Maybe that's what fatcessa meant by a surprise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post
    "Hi I work in the CFL and I'd like an NFL upper management job" .. Fanbase "LETS THIS GUY HE WANTS TO BE HERE" ..

No offense, but you're a f*cking moron.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    I intend every offense.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by LadainianIMnotDONE View Post

You obviously have not read up on Jim Popp. While I agree there may be a transition to the NFL, there is no question this guy has been successful at every level of running a professional franchise. Additionally, he knows the x's and o's! How could he be a worse hire than Sparano???

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    First they give us Gamble, then they take him away.

Then they give us Caldwell, then they take him away.

Then they give us Popp, then they take him away.

What a bad week.

SAR I

It's been the worst....

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    You obviously have not read up on Jim Popp. While I agree there may be a transition to the NFL, there is no question this guy has been successful at every level of running a professional franchise. Additionally, he knows the x's and o's! How could he be a worse hire than Sparano???
    Agreed and I'm on board if they hire Popp. No matter what league it is, it takes a special kind of skill-set to build a championship team as an executive. Those Montreal teams have dominated the league since he's been there. What I like about this guy too, is he has a chip on his shoulder to prove he can do it on the NFL level...especially after the Colts passed up on him last year for Grigson.

Quote Originally Posted by Braumeister View Post
    "u leave my POPP alone" .. .lol u guys are all butt hurt. Seriously this is the silliest thing I've ever seen on this forum. This is as bad as people who defended the Tebow move and even worse than the "Sparano is a good hire" crew out here. You guys found your new favorite guy based on his CFL career ... unbelievable. This is incredible ... We're trend setters. We'll soon be a step ahead of the Packers, Steelers, & Patriots making incredible moves like getting CFL GM's ... POPP goes the wiesel.