Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things are not that bad.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Things are not that bad.

Listen I have to say this. No matter how bad things are right now there is no way it's anything close to the Kotite era. I was a Jet fan during the Walt Michaels area through today. That was truly the clueless and dysfunctional times. There was no hope that that team could get any better even with the #1 draft pick. Some of you just don't realize what bad is. Rex isn't even in the same planet as Kotite. That team wasn't in the playoff hunt from the start of the season. When Parcell came here he was the first big name coach that would come here. He brought a system, GM and an all world coaching staff. Hess wouldn't even fire Kotite he had to resign. This team really didn't have a GM either. The defense sucked, the offense sucked, ST sucked, the QB sucked. Parcells took the same team to 9-7 even with a boneheaded call that cost him the playoffs on a bad call INT. Stop with all this Woody and Rex is going to kill this franchise. Even at their worse Kotite was topped them in ineptitude. Woody tried to get this team their own stadium and Dolan killed it. Hess was a bad owner because he didn't care enough to do anything to better this team until he got Parcells to coach this team. It wasn't until Kotite tanked the team he did anything to help it because he was forced to.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Of course they're not that bad but don't expect a SB any time soon either though.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Things are not that bad.

You're right.

They're worse.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Listen I have to say this. No matter how bad things are right now there is no way it's anything close to the Kotite era. I was a Jet fan during the Walt Michaels area through today. That was truly the clueless and dysfunctional times. There was no hope that that team could get any better even with the #1 draft pick. Some of you just don't realize what bad is. Rex isn't even in the same planet as Kotite. That team wasn't in the playoff hunt from the start of the season. When Parcell came here he was the first big name coach that would come here. He brought a system, GM and an all world coaching staff. Hess wouldn't even fire Kotite he had to resign. This team really didn't have a GM either. The defense sucked, the offense sucked, ST sucked, the QB sucked. Parcells took the same team to 9-7 even with a boneheaded call that cost him the playoffs on a bad call INT. Stop with all this Woody and Rex is going to kill this franchise. Even at their worse Kotite was topped them in ineptitude. Woody tried to get this team their own stadium and Dolan killed it. Hess was a bad owner because he didn't care enough to do anything to better this team until he got Parcells to coach this team. It wasn't until Kotite tanked the team he did anything to help it because he was forced to.
    Things are the same as they have always been!!!! No Superbowl on the horizon!

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you kidding me ??!!...things are way worse...Kotite couldn't coach but at least he seemed like a decent guy who didn't lie at every press conference and wasn't creepy....Rex has turned into a habitual liar and his outside football stuff is VERY strange....it appears something is going on behind the scenes there that will come out eventually....fans in NY are immune now to Rex but could you imagine any coach in the league having a tatoo of their naked wife wearing their starting QB's jersey !!...that is beyond weird...the guy is CREEPY !!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    Are you kidding me ??!!...things are way worse...Kotite couldn't coach but at least he seemed like a decent guy who didn't lie at every press conference and wasn't creepy....Rex has turned into a habitual liar and his outside football stuff is VERY strange....it appears something is going on behind the scenes there that will come out eventually....fans in NY are immune now to Rex but could you imagine any coach in the league having a tatoo of their naked wife wearing their starting QB's jersey !!...that is beyond weird...the guy is CREEPY !!!
    Seriously? Extreme social conservatism is a lot creepier than a loving husband with a tattoo of his wife.

Anyway, IMO, things are not as bad as kotite. But they're going to get worse before they get better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree. Rex has not only become the clown prince, but I'm also betting he has some more skeletons in the closet. And Woody's undying loyalty to him is also creepy. Hey who knows, maybe Rex and Woody are swingers and are wife swapping on the side. Yeah, that's it......I mean what else could it be?

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have ZERO problem with him having a tatoo of his wife...ZERO......but her naked with a Sanchez jersey ??!!...come on...take a step back and look at it like your not a Jet fan...picture John Fox having a tatoo of his naked wife wearing a Peyton Manning jersey.!!!.....and the scary part now is that Rex is not only the head coach but is the face of the franchise/GM....everything...Rex is in total charge and is free to run this team and organization further into the ground than he already has if that's possible...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cooler King View Post
    I have ZERO problem with him having a tatoo of his wife...ZERO......but her naked with a Sanchez jersey ??!!...come on...take a step back and look at it like your not a Jet fan...picture John Fox having a tatoo of his naked wife wearing a Peyton Manning jersey.!!!.....and the scary part now is that Rex is not only the head coach but is the face of the franchise/GM....everything...Rex is in total charge and is free to run this team and organization further into the ground than he already has if that's possible...
    How can she be naked with a jersey? Doesn't the jersey preclude her from being naked? Or maybe there's a little tattoo thong you can't see, or a little tattoo string bikin under that jersey.
    As for the jersey, it's just a #6 jersey since we can't see the back of it. So what's the big deal?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two years ago, Rex was the best thing to happen to us since Namath.

Now, he's the worst thing to happen to us since Kotite.

New Yorkers are funny

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully Rex will realize he is on his last leg in NY. And needs to improve or else he will be gone after 2013!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

New Yorkers are funny
    That's what happens when you have a lucky fluke with someone else's players and then screw the pooch with your own.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Kotite inherited a Jets team that hadn't had a winning season in 8 years. So when he showed up and failed, wasn't such a head-scratcher. Bad coach? We'll never know. The team wasn't loaded with talent. A pathetic time in team history, but Kotite didn't inherit a good team and drive it into the ground.

Rex Ryan inherited a Jets team that was averaging 9 wins a season for the prior 12 seasons with a healthy quarterback, including 5 trips to the playoffs. He inherited a team that was 8-3 until it's quarterback was hurt, finished 9-7.

Rex Ryan took a team loaded with good players, the #1 defense, the #1 rushing attack in the NFL and then stripped it bare. Without question, the biggest and fastest fall from grace in franchise history.

Rex Ryan is the Devil.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Rich Kotite inherited a Jets team that hadn't had a winning season in 8 years. So when he showed up and failed, wasn't such a head-scratcher. Bad coach? We'll never know. The team wasn't loaded with talent. A pathetic time in team history, but Kotite didn't inherit a good team and drive it into the ground.

Rex Ryan inherited a Jets team that was averaging 9 wins a season for the prior 12 seasons with a healthy quarterback, including 5 trips to the playoffs. He inherited a team that was 8-3 until it's quarterback was hurt, finished 9-7.

Rex Ryan took a team loaded with good players, the #1 defense, the #1 rushing attack in the NFL and then stripped it bare. Without question, the biggest and fastest fall from grace in franchise history.

Rex Ryan is the Devil.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Ryan is the Devil.

SAR I
    WHAT BS
    year W- L
    2003 6-10
    2004 10-6
    2005 4-12
    2006 10-6
    2007 4-12
    2008 9-7
    2009 9-7 Rex HC
    2010 11-5 Rex HC
    2011 8-8 Rex HC
    2012 6-10 Rex HC

SAR is the BSer

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post

New Yorkers are funny
    Why can't both those statements be true? Things change and people change. Rex has been a gift and a curse.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Rex has tanked this team. Its time for him to join Kotite.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    WHAT BS
    year W- L
    2003 6-10
    2004 10-6
    2005 4-12
    2006 10-6
    2007 4-12
    2008 9-7
    2009 9-7 Rex HC
    2010 11-5 Rex HC
    2011 8-8 Rex HC
    2012 6-10 Rex HC

SAR is the BSer
    Can you read? Quit school in the 4th grade?

I said for the 12 years prior to Rex Ryan's arrival and with a healthy quarterback, the Jets were averaging 9 wins per season.

And I was wrong. We actually were averaging 10. Thanks for pointing that out. You can go and disappear again for another few years now. We didn't miss you.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Rex Ryan is the Devil.

SAR I

Kotite actually did inherit talent. The '94 Jets were in first place before the Fake Spike. And once Richie was gone we went 9-7 and then 12-4.

But... things are definitely worse now. Today is more comparable to '87 or '88. Our owner was tragically hanging on to a mediocre head coach who could point to back-to-back playoffs just a couple of seasons earlier. The talent level was dropping because we had no real GM. And we knew we were stuck with a weak owner for the foreseeable future. At least Hess was in his mid 70s at that time and you figured he might retire soon. Woody is nowhere near that. And I truly fear he is about to turn the Jets into the 1980s Yankees: an owner who knew nothing about his sport, yet loved media attention enough to spend money on big name players and make sure the team was always good enough (and controversial enough) to own the back pages, while never good enough to ever win anything. It was funny when it was happening to the Yankees. Now, not so much.