Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things are not that bad.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Can you read? Quit school in the 4th grade?

I said for the 12 years prior to Rex Ryan's arrival and with a healthy quarterback, the Jets were averaging 9 wins per season.

And I was wrong. We actually were averaging 10. Thanks for pointing that out. You can go and disappear again for another few years now. We didn't miss you.

SAR I
    I know what you said. But you cherry picked the stats to backup up your Low IQ logic ; You can't stand being proven wrong and now you revert to the low road as alway, your true self shows .

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    The Jets hav 88 wins from 2008 to 1999 (a ten year span) YOu were right the first time... 9 wins per year!

Thanks, that works too, but the way I like to look at it is to start in the modern era (Parcells) subtract the 4 seasons we were decimated at the QB position (Testaverde, Pennington, Pennington, Pennington) and that tells you what the ability of those teams were.

Rex Ryan inherited a team that was always in the playoffs or on the verge. He did a great job once in the playoffs, no question. But once he purged the team of Mangini's that he inherited and put his own "stamp" on it, down the tube we went.

Rex dropped around 20 guys and replaced them with crap. Playmakers, leaders, respected vets, flushed out. Questionable draft picks, bad characters guys, rookie projects, brought in. That's on Rex, amongst all the other atrocities he committed since he beat the Patriots in the playoffs and thought he was the second-coming of Vince Lombardi.

SAR I

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    I know what you said. But you cherry picked the stats to backup up your Low IQ logic ; You can't stand being proven wrong and now you revert to the low road as alway, your true self shows .
    You can put all the smilies you want in your posts, doesn't change anything.

I now remember that when you last left JI you and I weren't speaking. We're back there now. Harass someone else.

SAR I

Thanks, that works too, but the way I like to look at it is to start in the modern era (Parcells) subtract the 4 seasons we were decimated at the QB position (Testaverde, Pennington, Pennington, Pennington) and that tells you what the ability of those teams were.

Rex Ryan inherited a team that was always in the playoffs or on the verge. He did a great job once in the playoffs, no question. But once he purged the team of Mangini's that he inherited and put his own "stamp" on it, down the tube we went.

Rex dropped around 20 guys and replaced them with crap. Playmakers, leaders, respected vets, flushed out. Questionable draft picks, bad characters guys, rookie projects, brought in. That's on Rex, amongst all the other atrocities he committed since he beat the Patriots in the playoffs and thought he was the second-coming of Vince Lombardi.

SAR I
    I deleted it... I was only going back the last ten... Figure I can't read or count since I had to edit my post 4 times... I'll go back to playing with my Legos now.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    I deleted it... I was only going back the last ten... Figure I can't read or count since I had to edit my post 4 times... I'll go back to playing with my Legos now.
    No, no, no need. No worries.

We had a very nice 15 year span where maybe we could have broken through if Testaverde, Pennington, and Favre could have stayed healthy. Ultimately, those 4 lost seasons worked against us.

Rex Ryan looked very promising in those first 2 years. Those smart enough to see the difference know that he's awful now.

Everything good that happened since 1997 ties back to Bill Parcells and the core of players, coaches, and front office staff he infused. The cacophony of bad head coaches and a GM that apparently wasn't a real GM did us in. Rex Ryan's first team was very good. Instead of building upon it, he destroyed it. All because of his bad decision-making and ego.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 01-11-2013 at 11:27 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    You can put all the smilies you want in your posts, doesn't change anything.

I now remember that when you last left JI you and I weren't speaking. We're back there now. Harass someone else.

SAR I
    Wow I got under your skin

Chill man, I don't hate you, never have. But you can't take it when someone gives it back to you eg., 4th grade ed.

Rex is the devil.....is that suposed to be funny. I don't think so.

Someone who stands up to you , you call harassing you. You have thin skin for such a slinger.

Quote Originally Posted by wepnx View Post
    Listen I have to say this. No matter how bad things are right now there is no way it's anything close to the Kotite era. I was a Jet fan during the Walt Michaels area through today. That was truly the clueless and dysfunctional times. There was no hope that that team could get any better even with the #1 draft pick. Some of you just don't realize what bad is. Rex isn't even in the same planet as Kotite. That team wasn't in the playoff hunt from the start of the season. When Parcell came here he was the first big name coach that would come here. He brought a system, GM and an all world coaching staff. Hess wouldn't even fire Kotite he had to resign. This team really didn't have a GM either. The defense sucked, the offense sucked, ST sucked, the QB sucked. Parcells took the same team to 9-7 even with a boneheaded call that cost him the playoffs on a bad call INT. Stop with all this Woody and Rex is going to kill this franchise. Even at their worse Kotite was topped them in ineptitude. Woody tried to get this team their own stadium and Dolan killed it. Hess was a bad owner because he didn't care enough to do anything to better this team until he got Parcells to coach this team. It wasn't until Kotite tanked the team he did anything to help it because he was forced to.
    Things are bad......real bad...as a matter fact so bad you can consider this the 2012 Apocalypse of the Jets organization...if I were you I'd run..run for your life...get away... go hibernate for a couple years and when you wake up..just before you open your eyes..pray...pray we when you wake...you wake up like a kid on Christmas morning watching the Jets hold up a Super bowl trophy.........no need to watch as a matter of fact...send me email and ill let you know when you can watch the Jets again......no hope for...what can men do against such reckless hate.............................................. .................................................. ........................................

No, no, no need. No worries.

We had a very nice 15 year span where maybe we could have broken through if Testaverde, Pennington, and Favre could have stayed healthy. Ultimately, those 4 lost seasons worked against us.

Rex Ryan looked very promising in those first 2 years. Those smart enough to see the difference know that he's awful now.

Everything good that happened since 1997 ties back to Bill Parcells and the core of players, coaches, and front office staff he infused. The cacophony of bad head coaches and a GM that apparently wasn't a real GM did us in. Rex Ryan's first team was very good. Instead of building upon it, he destroyed it. All because of his bad decision-making and ego.

SAR I
    Herm lucked out with Parcells leaving him Pennington... Mangini sured up the roster post Herm... I want to move on from Rex, I just don't see it happening. Best bet for the foreseeable future is a GM who can pick players. Rex has shown that he can win with good players...

Hall Of Fame
    Orlando from NYC (1998) Las Vegas from Orlando Fl (june 2007)
    As bad as the season was I don't get the insane attitude as if this is the worse Jets team in history....the first losign season in half a decade....the two bad years were 8-8 and 6-10 and in todays football it can be turned around quick....I truly think some people just find joy to complain and act like the sky is falling.

Listen I have to say this. No matter how bad things are right now there is no way it's anything close to the Kotite era. I was a Jet fan during the Walt Michaels area through today. That was truly the clueless and dysfunctional times. There was no hope that that team could get any better even with the #1 draft pick. Some of you just don't realize what bad is. Rex isn't even in the same planet as Kotite. That team wasn't in the playoff hunt from the start of the season. When Parcell came here he was the first big name coach that would come here. He brought a system, GM and an all world coaching staff. Hess wouldn't even fire Kotite he had to resign. This team really didn't have a GM either. The defense sucked, the offense sucked, ST sucked, the QB sucked. Parcells took the same team to 9-7 even with a boneheaded call that cost him the playoffs on a bad call INT. Stop with all this Woody and Rex is going to kill this franchise. Even at their worse Kotite was topped them in ineptitude. Woody tried to get this team their own stadium and Dolan killed it. Hess was a bad owner because he didn't care enough to do anything to better this team until he got Parcells to coach this team. It wasn't until Kotite tanked the team he did anything to help it because he was forced to.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    As bad as the season was I don't get the insane attitude as if this is the worse Jets team in history....the first losign season in half a decade....the two bad years were 8-8 and 6-10 and in todays football it can be turned around quick....I truly think some people just find joy to complain and act like the sky is falling.
    I agree. If you look at the previous posts with the W-L you'll see we bounced back the next year. We have cap problems yes, but a lot depends on the core group and who comes and goes. The sky is not falling.

The unstableness of our coaching staff says it all. Mike P of all people Rex's right hand man wanting out. We couldn't get the QB coach we wanted last offseason so we got stuck with one. Different coaches every season is not a recipe for success. Where is the line of good coaches wanting to coach under Rex? there isn't one. A top head coach has a top staff and is highly organized. I've seen pop Warner teams more organized than the Jets. Rex's was a three year run and done head coach. He's already been around 1 year too long. Next year will be Mr clueless last. He will be terminated like his famous draft pick the terminator was. Rex saw one block from that guy and he drafted him. That's how a moron drafts players.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by jetsfreak View Post
    How quick did the Dolphins turn it around? The Bills?
    The Jaguars? The Raiders? The Chiefs? The Chargers?

The Colts and Broncos turned around quick because of quarterbacks; the rest got so depleted they couldn't bounce back anymore.

Be afraid.

SAR I

Next season is going to be a horrendous nightmare, I can see it coming. We can't land a decent GM, won't get a quality DC, won't get a decent OC either, Westhoff is gone, Sanchez will be the starter, we're in cap hell, our headcoach is a simpleton, our O-line is gonna suck again, and our owner is a carnival barker...

I'm thinking 2-14, possibly 3-13 here.

How quick did the Dolphins turn it around? The Bills?
    The Jaguars? The Raiders? The Chiefs? The Chargers?

The Colts and Broncos turned around quick because of quarterbacks; the rest got so depleted they couldn't bounce back anymore.

Be afraid.

SAR I
    Colts tanked the years before drafting Manning no. 1 and Luck no. 1 ... They did not just coincidentally suck the years before these guys entered the draft. Not a bad decision IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Toooon View Post
    Kotite actually did inherit talent. The '94 Jets were in first place before the Fake Spike. And once Richie was gone we went 9-7 and then 12-4.

But... things are definitely worse now. Today is more comparable to '87 or '88. Our owner was tragically hanging on to a mediocre head coach who could point to back-to-back playoffs just a couple of seasons earlier. The talent level was dropping because we had no real GM. And we knew we were stuck with a weak owner for the foreseeable future. At least Hess was in his mid 70s at that time and you figured he might retire soon. Woody is nowhere near that. And I truly fear he is about to turn the Jets into the 1980s Yankees: an owner who knew nothing about his sport, yet loved media attention enough to spend money on big name players and make sure the team was always good enough (and controversial enough) to own the back pages, while never good enough to ever win anything. It was funny when it was happening to the Yankees. Now, not so much.
    +1 ... Accurate on all account IMHO.
    Last edited by Dunnie; 01-12-2013 at 02:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LongSufferingJetsFan View Post
    How can she be naked with a jersey? Doesn't the jersey preclude her from being naked? Or maybe there's a little tattoo thong you can't see, or a little tattoo string bikin under that jersey.
    As for the jersey, it's just a #6 jersey since we can't see the back of it. So what's the big deal?
    LOL good point I've been wondering about that along...and anyway it's only a tweak away from being a No8 jersey for when we draft Tyler Bray or No16 for Denard Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by billygreen View Post
    Next season is going to be a horrendous nightmare, I can see it coming. We can't land a decent GM, won't get a quality DC, won't get a decent OC either, Westhoff is gone, Sanchez will be the starter, we're in cap hell, our headcoach is a simpleton, our O-line is gonna suck again, and our owner is a carnival barker...

I'm thinking 2-14, possibly 3-13 here.
    Sounds like a 'coach of the year' job to get to 2 or 3 wins then

Undrafted Free Agent
    No matter how bad things are right now there is no way it's anything close to the Kotite era.
    Word!!!