Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any hard feeling towards Pete Carroll as the Seahawks march?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by shuler82 View Post
    you mean, playing like a bunch of 'horses asses'? Ah.. if only the internet was as relevant in 1995 instead of just AOL message boards and geocities.
    I mean, he wanted a winner before he died and got just the opposite with Kotie. Sometimes you don't get what you want.

That "tool's" defense is better than Rex's

I always liked Pete Carroll then and now.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

How can any Jets fan hate on Coach? He was screwed over by old man Hess so he could bring in Kotite!!! I remember being pissed as hell when he was fired and knew Kotite would be a disaster.

Coach Carroll was screwed by the Jets. He is also a great guy, if you ever have the chance to meet him, you will know what I mean.

I am rooting for him and Leon to keep rolling

Last edited by jetman67; 01-12-2013 at 12:58 AM.

I'm rooting for Seattle to come out of the NFC

Jets Insider VIP
    To those saying Carroll's sunshine personality is to much then what about Rex Ryan's personality where every player on the Jets is the best in the league and every team fears us even when we are inept and losing!!!

That IMO is sunshine time California style.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Seattle is either the best or second best team in the NFL, I say it without flinching! and I am 22, I say that without flinching as well, why would I flinch over that? so I do not remember the Pete Carroll of 1994, which History claims coached the New York Jets... I have no hard feelings! nor do I have hard feelings for the Pete Carroll who succeeded Parcells in NE, as the 1997-1999 Jets were among my favorite football teams of all time (and those years will forever remain among my favorite years of all time).

are any Jet fans here, older perhaps, anti-Carroll and wishing him ill as a result?
    The only former coach I can think of that we could hold a grudge against is Bellichick. While we'll never know if his decision to leave us at the alter was justified, I definitely did not wish him well afterwards.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    The only former coach I can think of that we could hold a grudge against is Bellichick. While we'll never know if his decision to leave us at the alter was justified, I definitely did not wish him well afterwards.
    Yup. The only douche in the lot.

All League
    I don't want to get into it but, **** Pete ****ing Carroll and the **** the ****ing Seahussies

Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    He was unjustly fired. I never had a problem with him.

And with his dismissal, Leon Hess ushered in the darkest two years in Jets history with these words:

I am an old man. I want to win now. That's why I'm naming Rich Kotite as head coach of the New York Jets.
    Pete deserved at least another year, even though he probably wasn't ready to be a head coach at that time anyway. That team played competitively just about every week until the Miami debacle...then the team couldn't rebound. Looking back at that offense, they really had no one besides Rob Moore. Johnny Mitchell had potential, but he was a major underachiever.

Leon Hess got grilled because he fired Pete after '94 (lost his last 5 games) and hired Kotite who lost his last 7 games with the Eagles.

No. Seattle is my 2nd favorite team easily (still distant to the Jets) and Rusell Wilson is my favorite non Jet player. Is making the playoffs much easier since I have something to root for.

I started out really liking Pete back then. Then he became way to much of a cheerleader for my taste. I can't remember clearly,but did he have some sort of crazy breakdown as well ? Or am I mixing him up with Haley ? Either Way ..... Meh. Don't hate the man, not the guy I'd pick though.

I do like the Seahawks this year .. Hoping they win out.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    How can any Jets fan hate on Coach? He was screwed over by old man Hess so he could bring in Kotite!!! I remember being pissed as hell when he was fired and knew Kotite would be a disaster.

Coach Carroll was screwed by the Jets. He is also a great guy, if you ever have the chance to meet him, you will know what I mean.

I am rooting for him and Leon to keep rolling
    I can agree with this.
    I was proud as hell of Leon when these guys beat NE earlier this season, as we were in a prime spot to take over the division... Then, Jets do what they do when they have a great opportunity, and Revis goes down for the season.

I had communication with Leon that day, and I respect the HELL out of him, and that guy, IMO, deserves a SB if ANY ex-Jet does.

If they beat the Falcons, I see them going the distance. And I'll be very happy for Leon Washington.

I loved it when Pete gave that choke sign with his hand on Monday night football against Miami that was hilarious! I always liked him as coach.

Caroll

Seattle is either the best or second best team in the NFL, I say it without flinching! and I am 22, I say that without flinching as well, why would I flinch over that? so I do not remember the Pete Carroll of 1994, which History claims coached the New York Jets... I have no hard feelings! nor do I have hard feelings for the Pete Carroll who succeeded Parcells in NE, as the 1997-1999 Jets were among my favorite football teams of all time (and those years will forever remain among my favorite years of all time).

are any Jet fans here, older perhaps, anti-Carroll and wishing him ill as a result? Notre Dame fans and alumni need not comment.
    I'll kiss the guy if he takes Sanchez off our hands.Wish him well,even though i think there gonna lose to Atlanta

are any Jet fans here, older perhaps, anti-Carroll and wishing him ill as a result? Notre Dame fans and alumni need not comment.
    I used to root against former players and coaches, not anymore after how this current owner and FO conduct business.

I hope Pete Carroll wins a SB.

Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    With each day that passes in "JETS-land" I blame him less and less for leaving

Its wasn't Carrols fault Leon Hess was stupid. The guy got 1 year and then when Kotite got fired and Hess had dreams of grandeur with Kotite as coach. What the Jets suffer from are bad owners who have no clue how to run a football operation. We are seeing it now with the whole situation the Jets are in now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    To those saying Carroll's sunshine personality is to much then what about Rex Ryan's personality where every player on the Jets is the best in the league and every team fears us even when we are inept and losing!!!

That IMO is sunshine time California style.
    This!

Spot on CB

Not surprised................

Even thought he was treated poorly here years ago, he did try to warn us about Sanchez. That has to count for something, right? On flip side, disgraceful how he bailed on USC when the sh*t was about to hit the fan. All in all, not my favorite guy. Would love to see Seattle vs Packers next week, at Lambeau, with REAL refs. That would be great.