Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: any hard feeling towards Pete Carroll as the Seahawks march?

Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    I am too young to recall him as coach of the Jets. I Do find him to be quite douchy. I dont like his sideline antics. I wanna punch his face off!
    I remember when we beat Miami, I believe on a last second field goal possibly when he was still our Dee Coordinator and he got caught on camera giving the choke sign across the field...Always was and is very animated on the sideline, I like the guy and am happy for him. Found an article, Typical Jets tho, we ended up being the ones who choked.

Jets` Carroll Says Choke Sign Wrong
    December 22, 1992|By MICHAEL MAYO, Staff Writer
    MIAMI -- Jets defensive coordinator Pete Carroll flashed the choke sign moments after Pete Stoyanovich`s missed extra point Sunday night, but the choke was on the Jets.

Stoyanovich kicked a 37-yard field goal with seven seconds left and the Jets were forced to swallow a 19-17 loss. Stoyanovich got his second chance after the Jets were stopped on three downs, Louie Aguiar shanked a 29-yard punt and the Dolphins drove 26 yards in six plays.

Ads By Google
    NFL Fan Hotel Package
    Book Courtyard on Weekends. Get $50 Coupon, 15% Off $100 at NFLShop.com
    Marriott.com/Courtyard

After the game, Carroll apologized about the gesture, which was captured by ESPN`s cameras.

``Yeah, I did it,`` Carroll said. ``I regret that it happened, and you can write that. It wasn`t fair to him at all.``

``I didn`t see it,`` Dolphins coach Don Shula said Monday. ``But if he did it, I`m glad it came back to haunt him.``

Carroll said he got caught up in the emotions of the game. He was frustrated over Tony Martin`s 55-yard touchdown catch before Stoyanovich`s miss. Carroll and Jets coach Bruce Coslet said the Dolphins should have been penalized for having linemen downfield before the throw.

Shula said the play was in accordance with rules.

``In looking at the tape, it looked like (guard) Keith Sims was the lineman farthest down field and he was straddling the line of scrimmage as the ball was being released, which is legal.``

When asked if Carroll`s gesture was unprofessional, Shula paused.

``I remember one of mine many years ago,`` Shula said, clutching his throat. ``But mine was directed at an official. I got a flag for that. (Pause). And a fine.``

Ads By Google

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    He was unjustly fired. I never had a problem with him.

And with his dismissal, Leon Hess ushered in the darkest two years in Jets history with these words:

I am an old man. I want to win now. That's why I'm naming Rich Kotite as head coach of the New York Jets.
    Looking back, that is almost too funny.

I don't care about Pete Carroll. I think he broke a lot of rules at USC, and bailed just before he could get busted for them, and let someone else fix his mess. So he's kind a jack off.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Mohegangreen View Post
    Louie Aguiar shanked a 29-yard punt
    Sigworthy.

Says it all about being a Jets fan in a nutshell.

Anyone else get dooshchills just seeing that combination of evocative words?

-

Quote Originally Posted by 32green View Post
    Sigworthy.

Says it all about being a Jets fan in a nutshell.

Anyone else get dooshchills just seeing that combination of evocative words?

-
    Yes,lol...I looked up the article thinking we won the damn game, only to have it be another typical Jet choke, Don't forget the Coslet three runs three and out is listed ther also...what a mess of an organization...

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus View Post
    I used to root against former players and coaches, not anymore after how this current owner and FO conduct business.

I hope Pete Carroll wins a SB.
    Wow, that's a bit much, blaming Woody for Kotite's mistakes?

Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    Looking back, that is almost too funny.

I don't care about Pete Carroll. I think he broke a lot of rules at USC, and bailed just before he could get busted for them, and let someone else fix his mess. So he's kind a jack off.
    I get why this upsets people, but seriously, if you had a chance to escape penalty at 1 company and find a nice little parachute at another company, how many of us would not take that deal? I know I would. College sports is inherently corrupt, the NCAA is full of archaic silly rules, and after what went down at PSU, a few violations don't bother me in the least (as long as young boys/girls ain't involved). Heck our financial institutions that helped plunge our economy off a cliff were granted government bailouts.

Yeah I know, honor and take it on the chin like a man and all that, but I think feeding your family is top priority.

Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Seattle is either the best or second best team in the NFL, I say it without flinching! and I am 22, I say that without flinching as well, why would I flinch over that? so I do not remember the Pete Carroll of 1994, which History claims coached the New York Jets... I have no hard feelings! nor do I have hard feelings for the Pete Carroll who succeeded Parcells in NE, as the 1997-1999 Jets were among my favorite football teams of all time (and those years will forever remain among my favorite years of all time).

are any Jet fans here, older perhaps, anti-Carroll and wishing him ill as a result? Notre Dame fans and alumni need not comment.
    How can anyone wish him ill will when he was fired after 1 season? If he left on his own some could probably feel that way but he was fired by an owner now deceased.

All League
    NONE

All Pro
    Carroll was before my time, and I have nothing against him from an NFL fan standpoint.

Always thought he was kind of a clown at USC, but whatever. He seems like an enthusiastic fun guy that wouldn't be bad to play for.

And the Seahawks are not the second best team in the NFL. They're the 6th best and they're going to lose tomorrow (IMHO.)

All Pro
    OH! helzz no! Redemption is a biotch! look who gets the last laugh now!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Carroll was before my time, and I have nothing against him from an NFL fan standpoint.

Always thought he was kind of a clown at USC, but whatever. He seems like an enthusiastic fun guy that wouldn't be bad to play for.

And the Seahawks are not the second best team in the NFL. They're the 6th best and they're going to lose tomorrow (IMHO.)
    I thought you knew football! you don't know squat then.

All Pro
    Fake Spike, loser coach at NYJ, coach of division rival, talking down Sanchez, running from corrupt program without a penalty...hope SEA gets crushed tom'w and the Fieri stunt double cries....
    Last edited by Jungle Shift Jet; 01-12-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Seahawks could barely reach .500 or how many years? They went into playoffs 2 years ago with a losing record.. they were 7-9 again last year. Wha was the difference this year? quarterback.. Wilson emerged to be easily a top 10 qb, and probably top 5 or 6. Kid can throw,run, and is a natural leader. Wish we had drafted him.. They are a 7-9 team without wilson, and a 4-12 team with mark Sanchez.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Shift Jet View Post
    Fake Spike, loser coach at NYJ, coach of division rival, talking down Sanchez, running from corrupt program without a penalty...hope SEA gets crushed tom'w and the Fieri stunt double cries....
    Typical SOJF mentality.

Not really. I do hate the Seahawks and their fans, though. They've gotten so god damn cocky now that they've had a taste of success.

#NewMoney

Forgot how much I loved Leon Washington - I was rooting for the Hawks as my 2nd team the year he was traded there. Of course now, they're the Cinderella story and it's the "cool" thing to root for them- I realized how dangerous they were after they beat us and the Bears. I had vowed to root for them all the way but the fact that they were matched up against the Redskins (who are the Giants' rivals who hadn't won that division in so long), I found myself cheering for WAS. I'll definitely be rooting for the winner of Hawks/Falcons over whoever wins Pack-9ers and any AFC team other than Houston.

I'm 23 and too young to remember Carroll.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Typical SOJF mentality.
    Aw, go back in the basement and give your Jay Cross fathead another spray coat then collect the drippings for recycling Aka the " Pool" of "Industry"

The only team I root for is the Jets, you can "pull" for the Seahags and their coach elsewhere

[QUOTE=rainman;4772632]Seattle is either the best or second best team in the NFL, I say it without flinching! and I am 22, I say that without flinching as well, why would I flinch over that? so

He was a very good Def. Cord. for us, brought a lot of life to a boring team. Lost the team at the end of his first year and the old man Hess, bagged him. I am sure the type of coach had something to do with it,

Veteran
    Not at all I wish him luck. I believe he got a raw deal from Hess or whomever was running the show. I don't recall why he was fired from NE so who knows. People forget he was an excellent DC back than as well..

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I hate Carroll. He is a flakey jerkoff.

I didn't like him as a Jets coach. I hate him even more now. His fake "no worries brah," West Coast horse **** attitude is everything wrong with not only the NFL but America as a whole.