Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: any hard feeling towards Pete Carroll as the Seahawks march?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

any hard feeling towards Pete Carroll as the Seahawks march?

Seattle is either the best or second best team in the NFL, I say it without flinching! and I am 22, I say that without flinching as well, why would I flinch over that? so I do not remember the Pete Carroll of 1994, which History claims coached the New York Jets... I have no hard feelings! nor do I have hard feelings for the Pete Carroll who succeeded Parcells in NE, as the 1997-1999 Jets were among my favorite football teams of all time (and those years will forever remain among my favorite years of all time).

are any Jet fans here, older perhaps, anti-Carroll and wishing him ill as a result? Notre Dame fans and alumni need not comment.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Liked him as a Jet, though I thought he was too touchy feely for a HC.

Over the years..and then with his last bail out on USC when the heat was on...started to think he was a bit of a phoney doosh.

Totally cold on him now.

In a word...

Meh!

-

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ummmmmnnm No!!!!

Why in the world would we wish ill will to anyone let alone a former Jets coach whom the organization once again, as usual, found a way to screw over!!

Good Grief.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post
    Seattle is either the best or second best team in the NFL, I say it without flinching! and I am 22, I say that without flinching as well, why would I flinch over that? so I do not remember the Pete Carroll of 1994, which History claims coached the New York Jets... I have no hard feelings! nor do I have hard feelings for the Pete Carroll who succeeded Parcells in NE, as the 1997-1999 Jets were among my favorite football teams of all time (and those years will forever remain among my favorite years of all time).

are any Jet fans here, older perhaps, anti-Carroll and wishing him ill as a result? Notre Dame fans and alumni need not comment.
    Pete was our coach for one season. We started 6-5 and played Miami at home for first place. The game became the fake spike game. (If you're a Jet fan and too young to know about that, look it up). The Jets proceeded to lose the rest of their games that year.

To answer your question, I can't imagine any Jets fan would have hard feelings. I don't remember many even caring when Pete became the NE coach. (Of course, this was pre-Brady/Belicheck Pats when they were basically viewed as Buffalo is today).

Pete came to the Jets as a young guru DC from the Vikings and left as a broken man. His tenure with the Pats was unremarkable, and he didn't really rebound until his USC gig. So 17 years later? Good for him.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    He was always a good guy but couldn't get it done here. I wish him well.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he is a jackass clown of a tool.

Form your own opinion

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

Form your own opinion
    Sar , is that you ?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    He was unjustly fired. I never had a problem with him.

And with his dismissal, Leon Hess ushered in the darkest two years in Jets history with these words:

I am an old man. I want to win now. That's why I'm naming Rich Kotite as head coach of the New York Jets.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitman Harris View Post

Form your own opinion
    Good description, and I also think your (OP's) premise is debatable. I think Seahawks are the weakest team in the playoffs.
    Last edited by Vinny Testaverde's Niece; 01-11-2013 at 11:49 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Good description, and I also think your premise is debatable. I think Seahawks are the weakest team in the playoffs.
    Not sure I'd go *that* far... But he is overrated. For god's sake, he was so mad at Sanchez for going to the NFL, I thought he was gonna cry about it!

He thought Sanchez was awesome, and HE spent much more time with him than Rex, so... yeah. No thanks.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am too young to recall him as coach of the Jets. I Do find him to be quite douchy. I dont like his sideline antics. I wanna punch his face off!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    He was unjustly fired. I never had a problem with him.

And with his dismissal, Leon Hess ushered in the darkest two years in Jets history with these words:

I am an old man. I want to win now. That's why I'm naming Rich Kotite as head coach of the New York Jets.
    Lol Little did he know what was about to happen

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    Lol Little did he know what was about to happen
    you mean, playing like a bunch of 'horses asses'? Ah.. if only the internet was as relevant in 1995 instead of just AOL message boards and geocities.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I always thought the 'choke' game was blown out of proportion and probably why he was run out of NY after just one year.

Similarly with the Pats he never got a fair shake because after Parcells left Bobby Grier had some of the worst drafts in franchise history plus what happened to Robert Edwards.

I think he's a great coach but his style of coaching doesn't fit in with the NY/NE areas where a sunshine and always-positive type personality isn't taken seriously.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Boomer Esiason just fainted.

-

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think he was the youngest coach in the league when he coached us. Now he is the oldest coach in the league. Time flies.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    seahawks march? lets see them play a QB with 4 healthy limbs first b4 we get all rah rah on carroll

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe W. Namath View Post
    I think he was the youngest coach in the league when he coached us. Now he is the oldest coach in the league. Time flies.
    I know Tom Coughlin is older..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    He shouldn't have been fired but it was an absolute disgrace the way Brian Washington and James Hasty quit on the team when the sh*t hit the fan.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rainman View Post

That's so typical of the Jets. They have a rookie HC, fire the guy, and then yep, sure enough, 20 years later, that head coach is in the playoffs with his new team. These things can only happen to the Jets! SO DAMN FRUSTRATING!!!!