Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cam Cameron Interviewing - Even worse then Norv

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    I agree but the problem is that Rex will not allow a GM to be hired that would represent a threat to his job. That is why I believe we will not hire the guy from Pittsburgh because of his ties to Cowher.
    I fear that may be the case but if Woody thinks the fan base is p!$$ed now, he has no idea how bad it will be after another losing season with probably 5 or fewer wins if he keeps Rex.

I am really torn of how much power Rex has. What was said at the press conference did not match the tone or body/facial expressions.

My hope is that Woody recognized that Rex had a lot of say on the roster. But he was pleased Rex on game day. I guess we will see with the type of players we draft whether it fits Rex's type of player or whether there appears to be a change in philosophy.

The draft may be our first indication of whether Rex is one and done or not.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    hiring cam will force the qb change that we all want.
    Does anyone really think Mark Sanchez will be the 2013 starter? On the roster? Yeah, probably. It will be hard to get rid of him. Starting? I'd be shocked.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post

I am really torn of how much power Rex has. What was said at the press conference did not match the tone or body/facial expressions.
    Rex is on the hot seat and he definitely knows it. He's been HC for four years and they just canned the GM and the second OC in two years. He's next if the team doesn't improve.

All League

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Nike View Post
    hiring cam will force the qb change that we all want.
    It will also get rid of the blitzing as they throw a ton of screen plays to bait the Defense. Mark cannot throw either.

News & Tweets - 01/12

Per WFAN Jets to interview Monday Stanford OC Pep Hamilton for OC position

If they hire Cameron there is a strong chance I won't even bother watching next year. Probably a worse OC than Sparano.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    If they hire Cameron there is a strong chance I won't even bother watching next year. Probably a worse OC than Sparano.
    Well Cameron has won a ton of games as an OC but was crap as a head coach.

Wouldn't be my first choice but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Does anyone really think Mark Sanchez will be the 2013 starter? On the roster? Yeah, probably. It will be hard to get rid of him. Starting? I'd be shocked.
    Why would you be shocked? They are not bringing in a top 15 qb as a replacement. The top guy is Moore, then maybe Campbell if the jets don't get one of those guys Sanchez with a good camp will most likely beat out whose left. (unless Garrard makes it back).

Quote Originally Posted by Redrew View Post
    Why would any OC that wants a future in the NFL come to the Jets?

1) Lame duck HC meaning this OC gig is a one and done
    2) Defensive oriented HC who has stated he will be hands on on the O side
    3) Worst QB talent in league despite what HC boasted midseason
    4) Cap mess limiting ability to upgrade talent
    5) Media that carpet bombs every and all Jets coaches and players
    6) Poisonous locker room that routinely skewers coaches and players thru the media

This Jets gig is a 1 year paycheck opportunity only that will attract only retreads like Sporano and now Cameron who are clinging to stay in the league and forced to settle for the last worst job
    I disagree with this. It is a good job for any OC who wants to build there value and maybe use it to get a HC job. We've been bottom of the league for like 8-9 years now. So no where to go but up, if you can actually coach. Pist teams are interviewing Shotty for HC jobs and I don't think he ever even broke the top 16. If someone can step in and even finish 20th they can claim to be a great leader and coach right off the bat and likely land a HC job. It is the fact people act like this is the worst O in the league that makes this job valuable. We have talent on O just not a QB. If the new OC gets his say on the QB this could be a golden job for them.

Rookie
    This is crazy isn't the GM suppose to make the decision on who the Offensive f**king Coordinator is going to be. Just please end the madness. Hire Jim Popp already and lets get the "Process" going. Cam Cameron is a joke. Get me Mark Helfrich the OC at Oregon. Screw Pep Hamilton..

Here's the truth:

No GM is going to be able to Band-Aid this season.

It will be Rex Ryan, Mark Sanchez, and Tim Tebow's last respective seasons with the Jets.

This OC hiring is inconsequential. The only good thing that can come out of this year is a "project" QB being drafted like Landry Jones and a QB signing like Jason Campbell.

I mean there's likely even to be a DOWNGRADE from Shonn Greene at RB.

There's simply no cap room.

The best things I can see happening is a back-room deal between Woody and the new GM where Woody lets him know he is safe to initiate his own regime and get his own QB and that this season will not count against Woody's assessment of his job.

Best case scenario is that a Landry Jones or Nassib or one of these other QB's who at least have the physical metrics to play the position (strong arm, large size) can spend a year getting seasoned behind the two clowns Tebow and Sanchez and we can get the first pick next year and get Clowney.

If the new GM can somehow pull off a draft this year with Lattimore, a decent project QB, and an upgrade to the O-line in the first round of this year's draft then we'll be in pretty good shape moving forward no matter how bad this year is.

Hopefully Dennis Thurman extracts enough from Rex's brain to continue this defensive system albeit with a defensive line (following being the worst team in football this year) of Kenrick Ellis, JaDaveon Clowney, Muhammed Wilkerson, and Quinton Coples. An upgrade at Guard (either guard position) in the first round would position this team, provided whatever QB they get pans out, to actually be constructed properly.

This is all very unlikely since this is Woody Johnson, though.

Quote Originally Posted by intelligentjetsfan View Post
    And we are hiring coaches without the new GM in place to have input, while the interviews are ongoing! I am sure that is really going over well with the candidates.

Well its a good thing we have such a high caliber, respected head coach in place that, I trust, knows what he is doing (especially on the offensive side of the ball). Because if not it would be really dumb to allow a coach who could be fired in 12 months to have that much power to run an organization.
    The head coach will pick the OC... Rex will have final say... At best a GM would be consulted but you don't commit to a HC like the Jets have done and pick his staff for him. The GM we choose will have signed off on Rex and as a result will have no issue with who he hires... My point here is that we may lose out on candidates because they don't want to move forward with Rex not because of the staff he puts in place! JMO

Quote Originally Posted by SouthTown View Post
    That's why I don't fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I'm w/you I hate the idea of taking someone else's trash! He was fired from the Ravens!!

Well, at least Cam has a REAL system. WTF what was that that Sparano had? That no one could figure out?

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Per WFAN Jets to interview Monday Stanford OC Pep Hamilton for OC position
    after seeing the QB play last night of all four teams, WRECKS is hiding the failings of SUCKCHEZ behind the GROUND & POUND talk. Mark will never be in a class with the four QB that played last night: Flaqcco, Cupernick; Manning and Rodgers! Today we have even more elite QBs playing and we are still taliking about how to improve for next season: DUMP SANCHEZ!

Quote Originally Posted by el_dub80 View Post
    Well, at least Cam has a REAL system. WTF what was that that Sparano had? That no one could figure out?
    Cam is much better the Sparano. Cam ran the San Diego offense from '02-'07, he would be a solid choice for OC.