Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mystery candidate: Maybe it's Eric DeCosta

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Mystery candidate: Maybe it's Eric DeCosta

Rumor has it that the Jets interviewed two mystery candidates. Could one be Eric DeCosta and they don't want to announce his hiring until after the Ravens lose? ( which will be today).

This whole process has been strange, Maybe they have their guy and they're just waiting,

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    he already said he wasnt leaving baltimore.. if it really was him who we get id be the most shocked person in the world.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrebetfan80 View Post
    he already said he wasnt leaving baltimore.. if it really was him who we get id be the most shocked person in the world.
    I know he said that, but maybe out of respect to Ozzie, Bisciotti, and the Ravens, he didn't want any distractions during the playoff run.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe its Ernie Acorsi? I want someone that was a GM, no newbie that Woody and Rex can push around. Its gonna be Cohen because he will do or say anything to take the job. Face it, if that happens, Rex and Woody are the GM

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    From your lips to God's ears. Because divine intervention is what it will take.

He has been turning down interviews for years. And he is part of a Ravens FO that chose Harbaugh over Rex.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ctjetfan View Post
    I know he said that, but maybe out of respect to Ozzie, Bisciotti, and the Ravens, he didn't want any distractions during the playoff run.
    Respectfully here.

How would an Asst GM interview be a distraction?

Maybe you are right they interviewed DeCosta but I can't see how it would be a distraction.

How would a DeCosta interview be a distraction but a Gamble, Caldwell, Idzik not be?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Respectfully here.

How would an Asst GM interview be a distraction?

Maybe you are right they interviewed DeCosta but I can't see how it would be a distraction.

How would a DeCosta interview be a distraction but a Gamble, Caldwell, Idzik not be?
    The Raven's gave him his chance. Maybe he feels ( out of respect to Bisciotti and Ozzie) that it's better to wait until after the playoffs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Raven's gave him his chance. Maybe he feels ( out of respect to Bisciotti and Ozzie) that it's better to wait until after the playoffs.
    Ok. Could be. I'm sure we'll hear within a few days

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Its not going to be Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Sec340 View Post
    Maybe its Ernie Acorsi? I want someone that was a GM, no newbie that Woody and Rex can push around. Its gonna be Cohen because he will do or say anything to take the job. Face it, if that happens, Rex and Woody are the GM
    They want an outside guy to come in here. I think thats obvious,and a smart move. i have no clue who it's gonna be though???????????

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder if TUNA could be in our future? Casserly?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Jet View Post
    Parcells already said NO to the question if he wants to be Jets GM...

I haven't heard Casserly's name anywhere...Never know.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they would have had to ask the Ravens for permission to talk to DeCosta, so unless we hear they did that I doubt he is the mystery candidate, if there is one at all.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sure hope not.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet it's Popp. Around here it's old news but to the casual fan it would be a surprise and the Jets want to take time to explain it properly.

The initial reaction on this board to popp was bad until we had a chance to read up on the guy.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    DeCosta would be my first choice. Hopefully he's had second thoughts about staying and waiting for Ozzie to move on.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    I bet it's Popp. Around here it's old news but to the casual fan it would be a surprise and the Jets want to take time to explain it properly.

The initial reaction on this board to popp was bad until we had a chance to read up on the guy.
    I was one of those guys, but, after reading up on him, I am pulling for Popp now.

Not that I want him hired, but, I am surprised that Charlie Casserly's name hasn't surfaced yet......

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    Post Thanks / Like
    Whoops, I was just saying I was surprised Charlie Casserly's name hasn't been mentioned yet.....I stand corrected.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Guys it's 4th and 2, we're down by one and just outside of field goal range. Boldin, you run a post pattern and try not to think about how our team's front office will have to restructure if an executive leaves. Torrie you run a button hook and use your fear of losing DeCosta to help you really round it out. Offensive line? I want you holding back the rush like you're holding back tears over losing an assistant general manager. Break on three - one, two, three, DeCosta!"

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's not DeCosta. You guys are nuts.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    It's not DeCosta. You guys are nuts.
    Agreed. Rex and Woody havenít made up their mind yet (yes, they share one mind)