Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: please say a prayer for my son... cancers back..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    My thoughts and prayers are on the way.
    If there is any option for your son, Sloan will find it.
    Praying there is.....

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't even imagine what you and your son are going through, Bing. Through the tough road ahead, you'll have to lean on your family, friends and faith to get you through. I'll be praying for a miracle.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bing, I'm so sorry to hear this horrible news. Peace and prayers to you, your son and the rest of the family.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully we can buoy your spirits in some small way that makes a difference.

Good luck at Sloan.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    You, your son and your family are in our prayers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Bing, so sorry to hear....good luck to your son at Sloan, hopefully they can give you good news.....

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by adpz View Post
    Yes, you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Hopefully we can buoy your spirits in some small way that makes a difference.

Good luck at Sloan.
    Thanks man. I was also able to arrange a consult at Yale. They have some trials that we can look into as well.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am local to where you are going, let me know if there's anything I can help out with, even if it's bringing you a coffee and paper while you are at the hospital. I'm not kidding.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Thanks man. I was also able to arrange a consult at Yale. They have some trials that we can look into as well.
    You guys are definitely in my prayers. All of us know stories of people who were stage IV and beat it... I pray that Bill joins their ranks.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    God bless your family and especially your son. My godchild had cancer diagnosed at age 4. She was in remission after extensive chemo and radiation by age 6. It returned at 20, diagnosed as stage 4, and now at 22, is in remission again. I'll pray you have have a similar result. God bless.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bing I'm so sorry to hear this. I'm reading a book called the purpose driven life and there is a passage that hope you can find comfort in

"God has planted eternity in the human heart, which gives us an inborn instinct that longs for immortality. This is because God designed you, in his image, to live for eternity. This why death seems unnatural and unfair"

I'm praying for a miracle for your son, and I hope God comforts him and your family during this hard time. He loves your son and wants to care for him for eternity.
    Last edited by dmitexxi; 02-21-2013 at 08:34 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    May God Bless and make him strong.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, so sorry to hear that Bing. You and your family are in our prayers, for sure.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Since I am local to where you are going, let me know if there's anything I can help out with, even if it's bringing you a coffee and paper while you are at the hospital. I'm not kidding.
    Same here. I work from home (LI) and can be on the UES pretty quickly.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys are making me proud to call you my friends in this thread.

Good luck Bing to you and your son, best wishes on kicking the crap out of this cancer, you've got a lot of folks to lean on here.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    You and your son are in our prayers. Sloan is the best. Not to give you false hope, but they saved my wife. She was told she had 4-6 months. That was 14 years ago and she is still going strong. Praying you get a similar result.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Things View Post
    Same here. I work from home (LI) and can be on the UES pretty quickly.
    Excellent thought, gents. Bing, if you have some downtime and want/need to get a drink, bite to eat, etc. I'd love to join in, buy you a beer, or just say hi.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Guys. Please take a moment to pray for my son. He is already a 2 time survivor but is back in the hosptial for surgery. Cancer cells are back. ****in damn bad ass illness. He just got married last year after he was in remission. Scary stuff no kid as a patient or parent should have to go thru once let alone a third time. His name is Bill. Thanks in advance.
    Bill and your entire family will be in our prayers, Bing. God bless.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    You and your son are in our prayers. Sloan is the best. Not to give you false hope, but they saved my wife. She was told she had 4-6 months. That was 14 years ago and she is still going strong. Praying you get a similar result.
    Loved reading that G&W. So glad that everything is working out.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    Excellent thought, gents. Bing, if you have some downtime and want/need to get a drink, bite to eat, etc. I'd love to join in, buy you a beer, or just say hi.
    You guys are the best. I ll certainly pm you when I know when we'll have some free time the week of March 4th. My son will be with me and his wife as well. You'll be able to meet him and see what a great and brave soul he is. You guys made my day. Damn I actually feel good for a change.......