Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: please say a prayer for my son... cancers back..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope things work out. Prayers said.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bing -- you, your son, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong and don't give up hope. You never know what could happen.

My husband is in a clinical trial at MD Anderson in Houston. It seems to be helping part of his disease and, for that, we are grateful. So, do investigate clinical trials, and keep pushing for the best care and treatment possible.

There have been amazing stories of recovery, and I hope with all my heart that your son will be among them. Best wishes and many prayers coming your way.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post

My husband is in a clinical trial at MD Anderson in Houston. It seems to be helping part of his disease and, for that, we are grateful. So, do investigate clinical trials, and keep pushing for the best care and treatment possible.

There have been amazing stories of recovery, and I hope with all my heart that your son will be among them. Best wishes and many prayers coming your way.
    LSL, I hope your husband has a full and speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers to him as well.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

wishing you better and sweeter days lone star...

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Best thoughts and wishes for you both, LSL.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    r know what could happen.

Best of luck to you and yours Lone Star. Your husband is lucky to have you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Thoughts and prayers going your way too LSL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

Best wishes for a full recovery. MDA is certainly a great resource to have in your own backyard, he's in great hands.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    LSL, miracles happen. Praying for you and your husband.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the prayers. My son received donations today from Jetworks and greasyt. So generous of them and my son is greatful. God bless

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bing in Buffalo View Post
    Thanks again for the well wishes. At this point we are all just numb. I wish they was a way to avoid the anguish that's coming in the months ahead. We do have an appoitment at Sloan Kettering in Midtown Manhatten in early March to see if he is a candidate for any clinical trials.....
    My cousin's 6 year son was diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 years ago... The initial prognosis was 95% treatable, but over the last 2 years its spiraled out of control. He was finally given no chance of survival before Christmas this year.

His mom (my cousin) got him into a clinical/experimental treatment at Sloan about a month ago and it shrunk his cancer and he now has a 50/50 chance...

A blessing, but still a long road/tough situation.

Good luck with everything. Thoughts and prayers are with you and son.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    My cousin's 6 year son was diagnosed with a brain tumor 2 years ago... The initial prognosis was 95% treatable, but over the last 2 years its spiraled out of control. He was finally given no chance of survival before Christmas this year.

His mom (my cousin) got him into a clinical/experimental treatment at Sloan about a month ago and it shrunk his cancer and he now has a 50/50 chance...

A blessing, but still a long road/tough situation.

Good luck with everything. Thoughts and prayers are with you and son.
    Just got a call... Cousin's (now) 8 year old isn't going to make it.
    He had a stroke this past week, he's in a coma, they learned the cancer is back, there's also brain damage and his lungs aren't functioning correctly.

He's not in pain, though and won't suffer. Cousin and husband will make the decision soon, should be a quick one.

Crying as I type this. Been crying on and off since I learned this news... didn't think I would be.

Just getting it out, as I'm at work and got no one to talk to here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    He had a stroke this past week, he's in a coma, they learned the cancer is back, there's also brain damage and his lungs aren't functioning correctly.

He's not in pain, though and won't suffer. Cousin and husband will make the decision soon, should be a quick one.

Crying as I type this. Been crying on and off since I learned this news... didn't think I would be.

Terribly sorry Monster. We all realize how precious an eight year old is and we feel the pain with you and your cousin's family.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Very sorry to hear that bro I can't even imagine what your family is going through, with a young child. Hurts even to think about it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry to hear this I know first hand brain tumors are very unpredictable, the how and why some get better and some don't isn't always explainable.

Your family is in my prayers.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Damn man, so sorry. So terribly heartbreaking.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Man, there are no words. So sorry to hear this, hope you, your cousin and the family find a way to help each other through. You'll be in my thoughts for a long while.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Awful. Thoughts and prayers, Monster.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 8 year old myself, which makes it hit home all the more.
    There will be some tough days ahead for a lot of people I love.
    Thanks for the thoughts + prayers. I really appreciate it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 8 year old myself, which makes it hit home all the more.
    There will be some tough days ahead for a lot of people I love.
    Thanks for the thoughts + prayers. I really appreciate it.
    Prayers and best wishes.

There's a boy in the local middle school by me in the same predicament. We just held a big fundraiser for him. Hard to imagine what he and his parents are going through.