Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: please say a prayer for my son... cancers back..

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers for your family

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crasherino View Post
    LSL, I hope your husband has a full and speedy recovery. Thoughts and prayers to him as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2foolish197 View Post
    wishing you better and sweeter days lone star...
    Quote Originally Posted by Borgoguy View Post
    Best thoughts and wishes for you both, LSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timmy® View Post
    Best of luck to you and yours Lone Star. Your husband is lucky to have you.
    Quote Originally Posted by crossfire View Post
    Thoughts and prayers going your way too LSL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    Best wishes for a full recovery. MDA is certainly a great resource to have in your own backyard, he's in great hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by GandWFan View Post
    LSL, miracles happen. Praying for you and your husband.

Thanks so much, guys! I really appreciate it.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but have been dealing with some discouraging news this past week. The clinical trial he's on is not working. So they want him to start another one. There's no approved treatment for his rare disease, so we have to hope one of these trials will help. More trips to Houston for us, and keeping fingers crossed. Thanks again!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterxman View Post
    Just got a call... Cousin's (now) 8 year old isn't going to make it.
    He had a stroke this past week, he's in a coma, they learned the cancer is back, there's also brain damage and his lungs aren't functioning correctly.

He's not in pain, though and won't suffer. Cousin and husband will make the decision soon, should be a quick one.

Crying as I type this. Been crying on and off since I learned this news... didn't think I would be.

Just getting it out, as I'm at work and got no one to talk to here.
    M-man, I'm so sorry to hear this. The loss of someone so young . . . My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lone Star Lady View Post

Sorry I didn't respond sooner but have been dealing with some discouraging news this past week. The clinical trial he's on is not working. So they want him to start another one. There's no approved treatment for his rare disease, so we have to hope one of these trials will help. More trips to Houston for us, and keeping fingers crossed. Thanks again!
    You have my prayers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an 8 year old myself, which makes it hit home all the more.
    There will be some tough days ahead for a lot of people I love.
    Thanks for the thoughts + prayers. I really appreciate it.
    Words can't express the emotion... I am so sorry to hear of your cousin's turn for the worst. May God bless him and your family.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bing -- you, your son, and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Stay strong and don't give up hope. You never know what could happen.

My husband is in a clinical trial at MD Anderson in Houston. It seems to be helping part of his disease and, for that, we are grateful. So, do investigate clinical trials, and keep pushing for the best care and treatment possible.

There have been amazing stories of recovery, and I hope with all my heart that your son will be among them. Best wishes and many prayers coming your way.
    I wish your husband the best in his new CT. My prayers are with you and him LSL.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Monster, I am very sorry to hear about this turn of events. I hope you and your family are able to find the strength you need going forward.

LSL, that's very unfortunate that the trial isn't working for him. Hopefully there will be something else that comes along soon. There's a lot of new stuff in the pipe, so maybe one of them will be opened up for a trial. Best of luck.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I feel bad for my 'Tits or GTFO' yesterday.

Sincerely hope things work out. We all know people who've been given no chance and who pulled through. Positive vibes..

Monster, that's awful news. My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have 3 sons myself. I cant imagine ever going thru something like this. So sorry. Your son Bill will for sure be in my prayers.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got a call... Cousin's (now) 8 year old isn't going to make it.
    He had a stroke this past week, he's in a coma, they learned the cancer is back, there's also brain damage and his lungs aren't functioning correctly.

He's not in pain, though and won't suffer. Cousin and husband will make the decision soon, should be a quick one.

Crying as I type this. Been crying on and off since I learned this news... didn't think I would be.

Just getting it out, as I'm at work and got no one to talk to here.
    Monster, I am really sorry to hear about that devastating news. As parents, hearing stuff like this is our worst nightmare. Your family is in my prayers.

You shouldn't need much to give your kids an extra hug, but things like this always make me do so.