Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 188

Thread: Tweets & News 1/12

  1. #81
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    northern jersey
    Posts
    3,185
    Boy, so many candidates. Is it possible that they're looking for two guys? One for GM/Football Operations and the other for a Salary Cap/Finance??

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I did read the bio before I posted. That highlight tells em that he has worked with players before and not strictly a cap guy.
    All due respect...How can you say he's not a cap guy with all of the below..You highlighted one little job he did probably right out of college...How can anyone take you seriously...

    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post

    However he's not a cap guy.

    He is responsible for negotiating player contracts and managing the salary cap, in addition to the daily supervision of football-administration departments

    Before coming to Green Bay, Ball spent six seasons (2002-07) with the New Orleans Saints, the final two as vice president of football administration and the first four as senior football administrator. His responsibilities with the Saints included monitoring the salary cap, contract negotiations and roster management, as well as maintaining the team’s compliance with NFL and Management Council regulations.

    Ball, 53, spent the 2001 season as director of football administration for the Washington Redskins, where his duties included managing the salary cap as well as team operations

    Ball served as senior football administrator for the Minnesota Vikings from 1999-2000, where he assisted with salary-cap management and player contracts.

    Was selected by the Saints to attend the 2005 NFL Managers Program at Stanford University’s Executive Education Graduate School of Business.

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Sounds like a guy who would be a great Team President, but doesn't appear to be a personnel guy.
    Agree.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets are targeting Diamond David Lee Roth to be their new QBs coach, per sources. Story here: http://nydn.us/UZYDlw #nyj
    Manish's is incorrect again. FYP for you.



  5. #85
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    26,639
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    True, but to be compared to Mike Tannenbaum and be thought as strictly a cap guy is nonsense.
    Who compared him to Mike Tannenbaum?

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    All due respect...How can you say he's not a cap guy with all of the below..You highlighted one little job he did probably right out of college...How can anyone take you seriously...




    He is responsible for negotiating player contracts and managing the salary cap, in addition to the daily supervision of football-administration departments

    Before coming to Green Bay, Ball spent six seasons (2002-07) with the New Orleans Saints, the final two as vice president of football administration and the first four as senior football administrator. His responsibilities with the Saints included monitoring the salary cap, contract negotiations and roster management, as well as maintaining the team’s compliance with NFL and Management Council regulations.

    Ball, 53, spent the 2001 season as director of football administration for the Washington Redskins, where his duties included managing the salary cap as well as team operations

    Ball served as senior football administrator for the Minnesota Vikings from 1999-2000, where he assisted with salary-cap management and player contracts.

    Was selected by the Saints to attend the 2005 NFL Managers Program at Stanford University’s Executive Education Graduate School of Business.
    Fine. He's not STRICTLY a cap guy. Happy now?

    Ball, 53, spent the 2001 season as director of football administration for the Washington Redskins, where his duties included managing the salary cap as well as team operations, as he oversaw the video, athletic training, equipment, strength and conditioning and player development departments.

    “The first thing that needs to be said is that Russ Ball is a good man,” said Ted Thompson, Packers Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations. “He is a tremendous help to all of us here with the Packers, and his influence is felt throughout the organization.

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Who compared him to Mike Tannenbaum?
    People on twitter are beginning to.

  8. #88
    First we're Gamblin nation, then we're caldwell nation, then we're poppa bear nation, now we're RUSSELL'D JIMMIES nation.

    God damn, can we please pick a nation already?

  9. #89
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets interview Packers exec Russ Ball for GM job, per @ProFootballTalk. That's at least 9 candidates interviewed http://nydn.us/ZI6lgu #nyj

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Fine. He's not STRICTLY a cap guy. Happy now?

    Ball, 53, spent the 2001 season as director of football administration for the Washington Redskins, where his duties included managing the salary cap as well as team operations, as he oversaw the video, athletic training, equipment, strength and conditioning and player development departments.

    “The first thing that needs to be said is that Russ Ball is a good man,” said Ted Thompson, Packers Executive Vice President, General Manager and Director of Football Operations. “He is a tremendous help to all of us here with the Packers, and his influence is felt throughout the organization.
    you're all over the place...you say he's not a cap guy then it's pointed out he's done contracts and managed the cap everywhere he's been and now you add administration duties..No kidding. Khan has administration duties too..

    As Jordy pointed out he doesn't have scouting/personnel experience so he would make an excellent Team President. But the Jets need a GM with scouting, player personnel, evaluation experience..

  11. #91
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    you're all over the place...you say he's not a cap guy then it's pointed out he's done contracts and managed the cap everywhere he's been and now you add administration duties..No kidding. Khan has administration duties too..

    As Jordy pointed out he doesn't have scouting/personnel experience so he would make an excellent Team President. But the Jets need a GM with scouting, player personnel, evaluation experience..
    Again he was the strength and conditioning coach when he started with KC. So he has had SOME contact with personnel experience. I don't believe that Khan has had that type of personal contact with players consistently.

  12. #92
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,171
    Cohen will be the GM. Cameron will be the OC.

    We will try to find the next Russell Wilson in the middle rounds and go into camp with Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy and the draft pick.

  13. #93
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Again he was the strength and conditioning coach when he started with KC. So he has had SOME contact with personnel experience. I don't believe that Khan has had that type of personal contact with players consistently.
    So does the locker room attendant, but that doesnt mean he can evaluate players very well.

  14. #94
    Starting to sound like the Jets are throwing a party and nobody wants to come.

  15. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Cohen will be the GM. Cameron will be the OC.

    We will try to find the next Russell Wilson in the middle rounds and go into camp with Sanchez, Tebow, McElroy and the draft pick.
    Are we seriously going to go through the stream of logic again?

    Plus the mention that the while Rex can interview coaches but the Jets prefer the new GM to approve hires from Cimini goes against that.

    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    @snugglesmcturk Head coach has control over coaching staff, but Jets prefer to have new GM sign off on hires.

    If Cohen was going to be the GM they would have already started hiring coordinators.
    Last edited by Eckesg1; 01-12-2013 at 02:28 PM.

  16. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    So does the locker room attendant, but that doesnt mean he can evaluate players very well.
    We just don't know. That's the problem with the last few days. We have learned next to nothing.

  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Agree.
    The Rex issue may force us to go in this direction and then leave us no choice but to rely on Bradway for our draft prep...I am not a big fan of managing by committee but it could wind up that way. My perception here is that KFY is doing this the right way and we will get a good man. My concern is that good man will be a good fit for the current situation (keeping Rex) and not necessarily a good long term solution if Rex continues to flop!!!!

  18. #98
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mendham, NJ
    Posts
    13,534
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    We just don't know. That's the problem with the last few days. We have learned next to nothing.
    What is there to learn? You act like the Jets owe you some sort of play by play explanation every time they have a thought on the hiring process. You go off on these emotional rants every time a beat writer sends a tweet. You are an emotional wreck.

  19. #99
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    20,171
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Are we seriously going to go through the stream of logic again?

    Plus the mention that the while Rex can interview coaches but the Jets prefer the new GM to approve hires from Cimini goes against that.

    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    @snugglesmcturk Head coach has control over coaching staff, but Jets prefer to have new GM sign off on hires.

    If Cohen was going to be the GM they would have already started hiring coordinators.
    LOL. Stop believing everything you read on Twitter. Especially when it comes from the Jets.

    Also, stop applying the operating procedures of functional NFL franchises to the Jets.

    Rex has Woody's ear and his heart. That is all that matters.

  20. #100
    All League
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    3,099
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets should have just brought in Shaw in the first place. He could have brought Hamilton with him and the Jets would have a nice coaching combo.
    Sign me up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us