Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/12

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Another Jets defection: I'm told asst D-line coach Anthony Weaver is leaving to join the Bills. Nine coaches gone in 12 days. Six by choice.
    So he follows Pettine even though Rex was his position coach while he was drafted and in Baltimore..

I see he's from Saratoga so it looks like he wants the security, possible promotion? and the ability to stay somewhat in the area...
    Last edited by C Mart; 01-12-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    This is why when Woody committed to Rex he also had to announce an extension. Our coaching staff is defecting because they think they will be out of a job next year. Things still need to play out but I am not going to be shocked if they move on from Rex after hiring a GM. I don't think it will happen but something doesn't smell right on this!
    The logic seems to be sound, but it could be that they are fearful of being associated with Rex and not being able to get work.

I also don't buy the notion that Rex is a puppet master because I just don't think he has the gumption for it or even to attempt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    The logic seems to be sound, but it could be that they are fearful of being associated with Rex and not being able to get work.
    The more I read the more confused I get... Then again, with reporters making adding so much made up crap to their reports, who knows what to believe... I applaud the Jets for taking their time but in the interim, this is taking years off my life. I need golf season to get here soon!!!1

This is why when Woody committed to Rex he also had to announce an extension. Our coaching staff is defecting because they think they will be out of a job next year. Things still need to play out but I am not going to be shocked if they move on from Rex after hiring a GM. I don't think it will happen but something doesn't smell right on this!
    It's my guess he left because he got a promotion. He'll likely be playing a larger role on the defense than D-line coach. Coaches continually move for promotions.

Quote Originally Posted by fidelioion View Post
    It's my guess he left because he got a promotion. He'll likely be playing a larger role on the defense than D-line coach. Coaches continually move for promotions.
    Yep, probably correct and I forgot about Pettine building his own staff but 9 coaches gone and Sutton interviewing... Looks like we are getting just about an entire new coaching staff except for Rex....

Jets Insider VIP
    Its interesting that Rex is not considered to be a good choice of coaches and yet a lot of his coaches are being hired in other places. That's usually a sign of something.
    Who said that? I know all I said was he shouldn't be hiring OFFENSIVE coaches.

Have Sparano and Cavanaugh been scooped up yet?

I find it more interesting that so many of HIS coaches are jumping ship in one off-season.

Yep, probably correct and I forgot about Pettine building his own staff but 9 coaches gone and Sutton interviewing... Looks like we are getting just about an entire new coaching staff except for Rex....
    Thank God we still have him.

Are we seriously going to go through the stream of logic again?

Plus the mention that the while Rex can interview coaches but the Jets prefer the new GM to approve hires from Cimini goes against that.

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    @snugglesmcturk Head coach has control over coaching staff, but Jets prefer to have new GM sign off on hires..
    This is good news; Rex isn't going to be flying solo on hiring his coaches.

Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    BREAKING Brian Kelly will be staying at Notre Dame, a source just told CBS.

Apparently, Philly liked him but when they asked him what his plans were he responded by saying, "...plans?".

Jets Insider VIP
    Bruce Feldman ‏@BFeldmanCBS
    BREAKING Brian Kelly will be staying at Notre Dame, a source just told CBS.

Apparently, Philly liked him but when they asked him what his plans were he responded by saying, "...plans?".
    You sure you don't have him confused with REX or Tanny?

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    You sure you don't have him confused with REX or Tanny?
    HIYOOOOOOOOOOO!

So he isn't retired...Still stay away from Martz...far away!!!

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    MT @CorkOnTheNFL: The Raiders interviewed Mike Martz for their OC vacancy, and they spoke with Juan Castillo about off. line vacancy.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    So he follows Pettine even though Rex was his position coach while he was drafted and in Baltimore..

I see he's from Saratoga so it looks like he wants the security, possible promotion? and the ability to stay somewhat in the area...
    It seems the magic of WRECKS in the clubhouse has worn off! Its sad!

The suspense of this GM search is killing me.

Jets Insider VIP
    NFL: AroundTheLeague ‏@NFL_ATL
    Patriots break out the Vaseline and baby powder in practice. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl

I'm sure they've got plenty just lying around Brady's locker.

Jets Insider VIP
    Good point. I'd usually agree with this but.....Rex got a huge endorsement from Woody and Woody said the GM will only choose the players, not the coaches.

Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Good point. I'd usually agree with this but.....Rex got a huge endorsement from Woody and Woody said the GM will only choose the players, not the coaches.
    I agree with you... Just struggling with the complete turnover of our coaching staff with the exception of REx..

I agree with you... Just struggling with the complete turnover of our coaching staff with the exception of REx..
    6 million reasons and a schoolboy crush by the owner...

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by jetstream23 View Post
    Find it hard to believe Ryan would be given the power to choose coaches on the offense.

Jets Insider VIP
    They're abandoning ship to go get 2, 3 or 4 year deals rather than hanging on in a possible "one and done" situation for Rex.