Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/12

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Exactly my point.
    What is your point? Do you see any of those 3 as HOF QBs? Before or after there time with the Bears? It doesn't mean he can't coach...You can't get water from a stone.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    What is your point? Do you see any of those 3 as HOF QBs? Before or after there time with the Bears? It doesn't mean he can't coach...You can't get water from a stone.
    I beg to differ a bit. Harbaugh turned Alex Smith into a viable QB. Brady was a sixth round pick for a reason and look what happened.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I beg to differ a bit. Harbaugh turned Alex Smith into a viable QB. Brady was a sixth round pick for a reason and look what happened.
    smh...Alex Smith was the #1 pick so he had talent..Orton did play well with the Bears..Look it up...Cutler has always been hot and cold even under Shanahan...Maybe the Bears O supporting cast plain out sucked too.

OK..so who is your choice for OC?

And I guess we should just disregard what Pep did while at Stanford?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    smh...Alex Smith was the #1 pick so he had talent..Orton did play well with the Bears..Look it up...Cutler has always been hot and cold even under Shanahan...Maybe the Bears O supporting cast plain out sucked too.

OK..so who is your choice for OC?

And I guess we should just disregard what Pep did while at Stanford?
    Your points are very valid. Bears O-line is horrible.

My pick right now? Either Trestman or Mornhinweg.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feb. 2, 2011

Coach David Shaw has announced Pep Hamilton to offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach.
    Hamilton, who served as the Cardinal's wide receivers coach last season, served as the quarterbacks coach with the Chicago Bears for three seasons (2007-09) and also gained NFL experience in coaching stints with the San Francisco 49ers (2006), New York Jets (2003-05), Baltimore Ravens (2002), Washington Redskins (2001) and Kansas City Chiefs (2000).

Under his direction, Stanford boasted one of the deepest receiving corps in the nation last season, despite being without the services of talented junior Chris Owusu for most of the season. A total of 17 players caught passes, including 10 who hauled in at least one touchdown pass from Heisman Trophy runner-up quarterback Andrew Luck.

Hamilton's receivers, along with the tight ends, combined to catch a school-record 32 touchdowns in 2010, as Stanford set single-season record for scoring (524), scoring average (40.3) and total offense (6,142).

"Pep is more than ready for this job," said Shaw. "He did a great job for us last year. He brought new concepts to our offense, which were invaluable for us in the red zone and was a big part of our success in the passing game all season."

Stanford ranked ninth in red zone efficiency in 2010, converting on 89 percent (62-70) of its trips inside the 20 yard line, coming away with 48 touchdowns and 14 field goals.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f...020211aag.html
    The Jets should have just brought in Shaw in the first place. He could have brought Hamilton with him and the Jets would have a nice coaching combo.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your points are very valid. Bears O-line is horrible.

My pick right now? Either Trestman or Mornhinweg.
    Ok..fair enough...I doubt Trestman will come here as OC unless Popp is the GM choice...JMO

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok..fair enough...I doubt Trestman will come here as OC unless Popp is the GM choice...JMO
    Which is what I'm hoping will happen. But knowing the Jets it probably won't

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring some Pep to the Jets offense! And bring your running back and tight end with you....

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets should have just brought in Shaw in the first place. He could have brought Hamilton with him and the Jets would have a nice coaching combo.
    That would have been a great move!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    The only thing I would say is that Woody said in the presser that Rex would have control over the CS and that the GM would have control of personnel. So, interviewing OCs now wouldn't really be an indicator either way.
    And this is a mistake. Not to say that Rex should not have the major say but a smart gm should be there to talk to him about it. Rex hired Sparano. Rex says things like "That one game their offense gave my defense trouble so he is our guy!"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Bring some Pep to the Jets offense! And bring your running back and tight end with you....
    +1!!

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    with Trestman taking over as HC next season would be a potential plan.

But alas, too clean. Too logical. Not Jets like.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Add the Jags to the list of teams that will interview Bengals OC Jay Gruden. Gruden met with AZ, has PHI, SD on tap as well

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RMJK View Post
    You are I think. Remember, this is a process that will spit out the best candidate. I doubt that Cohen is predetermined. There is too much at stake here.
    I don't think so much Cohen was Woody's pre-determined choice, but I think Woody likes having a comfort level with his staff and I'll bet he has that with Cohen. May be playing into him not finding the right "fit" with all the other GM candidates that have paraded through.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    with Trestman taking over as HC next season would be a potential plan.

But alas, too clean. Too logical. Not Jets like.
    That's my plan..Unfortunately it doesn't sound like Popp is a serious candidate..

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I would say is that Woody said in the presser that Rex would have control over the CS and that the GM would have control of personnel. So, interviewing OCs now wouldn't really be an indicator either way.
    Thank you for posting. WJ said Rex will pick his ACs so it's willful ignorance to suggest that looking for an OC before a GM is in place signals anything's amiss.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering, but is Hamilton known for more of an option style offense? Would make sense for Carolina to pursue him.
    I'm not sure who does the playcalling, but Stanford runs a pretty pro-style offense (under center, drop back), but if he's the guy who actually calls in the plays, I gotta say I'd like to have him.

Popp n' Pep.... get on the bus!!!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's my plan..Unfortunately it doesn't sound like Popp is a serious candidate..
    why do you say that, CMart?

Has anything surfaced about the Jets backing off from him?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    why do you say that, CMart?

Has anything surfaced about the Jets backing off from him?
    There's a debate going on whether the Jets interviewed him or just talked to him. Either way, they have contacted each other.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's a debate going on whether the Jets interviewed him or just talked to him. Either way, they have contacted each other.
    Ahh.

Thank you.