Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/12

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    I'm not sure who does the playcalling, but Stanford runs a pretty pro-style offense (under center, drop back), but if he's the guy who actually calls in the plays, I gotta say I'd like to have him.

Popp n' Pep.... get on the bus!!!!!
    Oh, ok. I don't watch college ball aside from the occasional Houston Cougars game, so I don't really know what type of system anyone runs.

If he runs that type of system (and is the play-caller), then I'd figure he would come to the Jets over Carolina. Still, I'm sure any OC would love to work with a bright, young, new superstar like Cam Newton.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Thank you for posting. WJ said Rex will pick his ACs so it's willful ignorance to suggest that looking for an OC before a GM is in place signals anything's amiss.
    Can someone please explain to me why Woody would trust Rex to pick ANYONE on the offensive side of the ball?

It's pretty obvious that Rex has no clue how to run an offense so why should he be entrusted to pick an OC?

His comment, "I'm going to be more aggressive on offense" means nothing to me and should fall on deaf ears.

If Woody entrusts Rex to pick his coaches on defense, fine. But on offense? No thank you.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why Woody would trust Rex to pick ANYONE on the offensive side of the ball?

It's pretty obvious that Rex has no clue how to run an offense so why should he be entrusted to pick an OC?

His comment, "I'm going to be more aggressive on offense" means nothing to me and should fall on deaf ears.

If Woody entrusts Rex to pick his coaches on defense, fine. But on offense? No thank you.
    I'm just hoping that when the dust settles we just get lucky as hell. You figure we have to get lucky at some point right? Pats got lucky getting BB than doubled down on that luck picking Brady in the 6th round.
    Lets get
    Lucky with the GM
    Lucky with OC
    Lucky in the draft
    Lucky charms
    They're magically delicious

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    @snugglesmcturk Head coach has control over coaching staff, but Jets prefer to have new GM sign off on hires.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    I'm just hoping that when the dust settles we just get lucky as hell. You figure we have to get lucky at some point right? Pats got lucky getting BB than doubled down on that luck picking Brady in the 6th round.
    Lets get
    Lucky with the GM
    Lucky with OC
    Lucky in the draft
    Lucky charms
    They're magically delicious
    Yes, the Jets have been such a "lucky" franchise over the years.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Jordy,

I agree about Rex and the o. He was utterly inarticulate when describing what he wanted at the PC: "Attack" "Pistol" "all weather"?!!? WTF?

I don't know enough to say that it's uncommon for the GM to hire ACs, but I suspect that HCs almost always make those hires.

But Woody's got his plan. We'll see if it works.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    @snugglesmcturk Head coach has control over coaching staff, but Jets prefer to have new GM sign off on hires.
    This would be an indication for myself that Cohen will NOT be the GM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimini
    McGinley? Is that you?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBlairThomasFumble View Post
    Jordy,

I agree about Rex and the o. He was utterly inarticulate when describing what he wanted at the PC: "Attack" "Pistol" "all weather"?!!? WTF?

I don't know enough to say that it's uncommon for the GM to hire ACs, but I suspect that HCs almost always make those hires.

But Woody's got his plan. We'll see if it works.
    I agree. HC's that have a feel for what a successful NFL offense should consist of. Rex, unfortunately, does not fall into that category.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Jets are targeting David Lee to be their new QBs coach, per sources. Story here: http://nydn.us/UZYDlw #nyj

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth View Post
    This would be an indication for myself that Cohen will NOT be the GM.
    Because if Cohen was going to be the GM, they would have already started hiring coordinators. Good point.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because if Cohen was going to be the GM, they would have already started hiring coordinators. Good point.
    Bingo!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    McGinley? Is that you?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jets are targeting David Lee to be their new QBs coach, per sources. Story here: http://nydn.us/UZYDlw #nyj
    QB coach of the Dolphins from 2008-2010

Most recently the QB coach of the Buffalo Bills last year.

Meh.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by freestater View Post
    why do you say that, CMart?

Has anything surfaced about the Jets backing off from him?
    Its been reported by the MTL writer that the Jets spoke to him, possibly flying to Carolina (where he resides) to do so..

However, Costello of the Post said Popp wasn't interviewed in Florham Park...So unless the Jets bring him up to FP before making a final decision I don't see him as a serious candidate..Maybe Popp was one of these 2 "mystery" candidates that they interviewed in FP yesterday, but again per Costello, unfortunately that doesn't appear to be the case.

And per La Canfora to a question if Popp was interviewed or in the running his reply was:

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    havent interviewed him

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember, the Jets interviewed David Lee last season to be QBs coach, but he chose the Bills. Not certain how much interest Lee has in #NYJ

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebowtime!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    QB coach of the Dolphins from 2008-2010

Most recently the QB coach of the Buffalo Bills last year.

Meh.
    As info he's the architect of the Wildcat used by Sparano...Jets tried to hire him last season as QB coach...you really should read bios before saying "meh" just based on where they coached..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_L...tball_coach%29

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Jets add Packers exec Russ Ball to the G.M. carousel http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TKG

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Jets add Packers exec Russ Ball to the G.M. carousel http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TKG
    Probably one of the mystery guests.

Vice President of Football Administration/Player Finance of the Green Bay Packers

However he's not a cap guy.