Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/12

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    We just don't know. That's the problem with the last few days. We have learned next to nothing.
    Exactly, there are no leakers involved. That hasn't stopped the media from twitting their opinions.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk
    Jets want David Lee to continue his AFC East tour http://wp.me/p14QSB-6TL6

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    The Jets should have just brought in Shaw in the first place. He could have brought Hamilton with him and the Jets would have a nice coaching combo.
    Shaw has no intentions of leaving college right now. And when he decides to make the jump, he will have pick of the litter.

Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    The Rex issue may force us to go in this direction and then leave us no choice but to rely on Bradway for our draft prep...I am not a big fan of managing by committee but it could wind up that way. My perception here is that KFY is doing this the right way and we will get a good man. My concern is that good man will be a good fit for the current situation (keeping Rex) and not necessarily a good long term solution if Rex continues to flop!!!!
    I hear you...My hope is Woody gets the Rex hearts out of his eyes long enough to think long-term...And I remember reading somewhere (sorry can't remember where or who wrote it) that Woody wants to change the whole FO structure...Not sure what that means...But I agree with bringing in a variety of candidates to get their thoughts, vision etc...and then make a good, solid decision..Maybe they hire a Team President (contracts, administration type) and a GM (personnel guy)...

Again, my hope and I'm confident (don't ask me why) that Woody won't let Rex influence the type of skill-set to hire just that he is comfortable working with him..

The new hire(s) is going to get a 4-5 yr contract...Rex is on probation.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Again he was the strength and conditioning coach when he started with KC. So he has had SOME contact with personnel experience. I don't believe that Khan has had that type of personal contact with players consistently.
    LOL. There's a difference between personal contact and personnel contact.

Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    LOL. Stop believing everything you read on Twitter. Especially when it comes from the Jets.

Also, stop applying the operating procedures of functional NFL franchises to the Jets.

Rex has Woody's ear and his heart. That is all that matters.
    It's not about operating procedures. It's about logic and human nature.

Woody wants headlines and he cares a lot about what the fans think because he wants them to come to the stadium, buy PSL's and buy merchandise.

If he does hire Scott Cohen as the GM, not only will the money start to dry up, but he will have to wear a bulletproof vest when in town.

Hall Of Fame
    It's not about operating procedures. It's about logic and human nature.

Woody wants headlines and he cares a lot about what the fans think because he wants them to come to the stadium, buy PSL's and buy merchandise.

If he does hire Scott Cohen as the GM, not only will the money start to dry up, but he will have to wear a bulletproof vest when in town.
    We shall see.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Hue Jackson does not have interview scheduled w/ Panthers I'm told. Could well end up staying in Cincy. Here's why: http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...ssistant-coach

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
    Hue Jackson does not have interview scheduled w/ Panthers I'm told. Could well end up staying in Cincy. Here's why: http://www.cbssports.com/general/blo...ssistant-coach
    I think Jackson also knows Jay Gruden will be a HC by '14 and then he can take over as OC...

Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I hear you...My hope is Woody gets the Rex hearts out of his eyes long enough to think long-term...And I remember reading somewhere (sorry can't remember where or who wrote it) that Woody wants to change the whole FO structure...Not sure what that means...But I agree with bringing in a variety of candidates to get their thoughts, vision etc...and then make a good, solid decision..Maybe they hire a Team President (contracts, administration type) and a GM (personnel guy)...

Again, my hope and I'm confident (don't ask me why) that Woody won't let Rex influence the type of skill-set to hire just that he is comfortable working with him..

The new hire(s) is going to get a 4-5 yr contract...Rex is on probation.
    I agree... If we get a competent GM and Rex is eventually let go, the GM will bring in a new regime and build a quality coaching staff with that HC... Hopefully we can get this position filled before the senior bowl!

Pro Football Weekly ‏@ProFootballWkly
    PFW's Whispers on Randy Moss, #Cowboys' safety spot, #Panthers' Rivera, #Colts DE Redding, #Jets LBs and more - http://bit.ly/10pmldq

I agree... If we get a competent GM and Rex is eventually let go, the GM will bring in a new regime and build a quality coaching staff with that HC... Hopefully we can get this position filled before the senior bowl!
    Nobody from the Jets has returned my calls but I'm guessing the decision will be done by the end of the week, at the latest.

Boomer Esiason ‏@7BOOMERESIASON
    How bad is RGIII's knee injury? Wait until you here what Dr. Neal ElAttrache has to say about it on the #NFLToday at 4pm EST.

Nobody from the Jets has returned my calls but I'm guessing the decision will be done by the end of the week, at the latest.
    When you get that FO job with the Jets... Please keep feeding us the breaking info!!!!

Manish Mehta ‏@MMehtaNYDN
    Another Jets defection: I'm told asst D-line coach Anthony Weaver is leaving to join the Bills. Nine coaches gone in 12 days. Six by choice.

Did your calls get re-routed to Orchard Park

When you get that FO job with the Jets... Please keep feeding us the breaking info!!!!
    I wish...

Another Jets defection: I'm told asst D-line coach Anthony Weaver is leaving to join the Bills. Nine coaches gone in 12 days. Six by choice.
    Its interesting that Rex is not considered to be a good choice of coaches and yet a lot of his coaches are being hired in other places. That's usually a sign of something.

For those saying it only happens on the Jets, take a look at Tenn, bottom line losing creates coaching staff turnover. The fact that Pettine went to Buff is certainly a big factor in Weaver leaving probably friends from the Ravens days.

This is why when Woody committed to Rex he also had to announce an extension. Our coaching staff is defecting because they think they will be out of a job next year. Things still need to play out but I am not going to be shocked if they move on from Rex after hiring a GM. I don't think it will happen but something doesn't smell right on this!