Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Tweets & News 1/12

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    My opinion is Rex is not qualified which to me means he also in not qualified to be a head coach... However, you really are not making a commitment to a coach if you don't let him build his staff. If you don't do that, the writing is on the wall that he is not long for this job. It all goes back to should Rex stay or go? You allowing him to stay really should mean you allow him to build his coaching staff.

We would be so much better off if they just moved on from him already...
    I agree with everything except that Rex got his chance last year with Sparano and it failed miserably as the guy who "had the mirror image of Rex's offensive philosophy" was a monumental disaster. And for that reason alone, the choice should not be his to make this year.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I agree with everything except that Rex got his chance last year with Sparano and it failed miserably as the guy who "had the mirror image of Rex's offensive philosophy" was a monumental disaster. And for that reason alone, the choice should not be his to make this year.
    You could argue for that reason alone he should be fired... Number 5 pick in the draft... just below average and a plateau in his career and you hire Tony ****ing Sporano to ruin him and your offense...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Conkboy View Post
    You could argue for that reason alone he should be fired... Number 5 pick in the draft... just below average and a plateau in his career and you hire Tony ****ing Sporano to ruin him and your offense...
    You forget...Chad did well under Tony. marks failings started WELL BEFORE Tony.

I do not like Sparano but Marks under performance is not his doing IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post

Sparano wasnt the OC with Chad..Henning was. Again, different coaching positions, different responsibilities.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Sparano wasnt the OC with Chad..Henning was. Again, different coaching positions, different responsibilities.
    I hate Sparano, I'm simply trying to understand what the JETS were thinking. perhaps I'm wrong but didn't Chad help Mark off season to understand Sparano offense.

My premise is management did not put a system in place in 2011 2012 that would complement Mark. It goes well beyond Sparano but clearly includes Sparano.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cavanaugh and Sparano were Rex choices.

I think he should stay away from the offense.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcola View Post
    In theory, if you believe Rex is your coach beyond 2013, then yes let him pick his assistants.

BUT....if you allow the new GM to pick the assistants you immediately improve your chances next year. One, we all know the GM will be here so when he brings in assistant coaches, they will be here long term. So you can improve the quality of coaches you can recruit. Plus, it gets the rebuilding process started because these assistants will be able to evaluate the entire roster over the course of a year vice 30 days after next season is over.

Plus, the GM may be able to bring in the potential new HC.

But as usual, we are not making the most optimal decisions here. The decision to let Rex hire the coach is a statement to Rex that he is 100% responsible for this team next year.
    For the record, I believe Woody should have fired Rex with Tanny. I also happen to agree that Rex crapped the bed by hiring Cavanaugh and Sparano. But I didn't make my point clear. If Rex is going to be the coach, then let him choose his staff like other coaches do. Don't tie his hands behind his back. If you don't trust him to make the right choices then fire his ass. Live or die by your decision Woody- you're either all in or all out. I don't like this wishy-washy, half-assed sh!t.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

more like JJ Watts hitting him and batting down his throws.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jet Blast View Post
    For the record, I believe Woody should have fired Rex with Tanny. I also happen to agree that Rex crapped the bed by hiring Cavanaugh and Sparano. But I didn't make my point clear. If Rex is going to be the coach, then let him choose his staff like other coaches do. Don't tie his hands behind his back. If you don't trust him to make the right choices then fire his ass. Live or die by your decision Woody- you're either all in or all out. I don't like this wishy-washy, half-assed sh!t.
    Good point. I guess we all are projecting that the Jets won't have a good season next year so the choice to fire Rex will be obvious next Jan.

Of course, Woody is not expecting a bad season next year so he is going to give Rex everything he needs, his choice of coaches and talented GM. If this is in fact the way Woody is thinking, and the Jets are as bad as some of us fear, Rex won't make it to December.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, it would be hard to believe that after interviewing a dozen or so candidates, that Scott Cohen would emerge as the best choice.
    the best choice to keep staus quo.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's fair and I agree, except I don't trust Rex to choose any staff members on offense.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's fair and I agree, except I don't trust Rex to choose any staff members on offense.
    When Woody made the decision to allow Rex to choose his assistants, I believe we were only replacing Sporano, Cavanaugh, and one defensive assistant because Thurman was going to replace Pettine. We already had a replacement for Westoff.

Since then, we have seen the defensive side of the ball lose multiple coaches. I honestly believe that if Woody had this to do all over, he would have fired Rex.

It's one thing to have faith in a HC (with $6M left on his contract), it's another to watch all of HIS defensive guys jump at the first opening - hell even Buffalo!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santonio Holmes ‏@santonio10
    Boy, this game got me on the edge of my seat!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Santonio Holmes ‏@santonio10
    Boy, this game got me on the edge of my seat!
    That's just the ganja, Tone.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    What ever happened to Norv for OC???? We seemed to be going backwards in the process.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    What ever happened to Norv for OC???? We seemed to be going backwards in the process.
    He's the Browns OC

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He's the Browns OC
    Exactly! While we muddle through this process and continually miss out on candidates.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    Exactly! While we muddle through this process and continually miss out on candidates.
    the GM in NY reports to REX.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    the GM in NY reports to REX.
    Yeah it appears that way

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jay Feely ‏@jayfeely I'm telling you what Tucker did, sneaking a practice kick in between periods in OT, is against NFL rules.