Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't care who we hire as GM....

I don't care who we hire as GM....

As long as his first order of business is to fire the scouting department.

Who is with me?

Hell no! Bradway must go!

Something to that effect.

I think scouting is doing fine - Big Mo and Coples were fine picks. We also did very well in '06 and '07. The problem has been missing at the top of the draft and poor contracts. We've become very top heavy.

Rookie
    So Rex don't do any scouting at all or he doesn't know how?

Hall Of Fame
    Bradway is actually regarded as one of the best scouts in the NFL.

not a good recommendation...Many, Cassely included, are high on the Jets scouts...Again, your scouts can prepare the greatest, most accurate scouting reports on earth but if the decision makers (GM, HC) decide for themselves who to pick (Connor) and the coaching staff can't develop those picked how is that the scouts fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    I think scouting is doing fine - Big Mo and Coples were fine picks. We also did very well in '06 and '07. The problem has been missing at the top of the draft and poor contracts. We've become very top heavy.
    Agreed
    Look at who are highest paid players were:
    Sanchez- 35th ranked QB in the entire NFL
    Harris- Did he even play this year?
    Pace- SHOT!
    Scott- SHOT!
    Holmes- Missed the whole year & is probably the 35th best receiver in NFL
    Revis- Out the whole year

* I think Westhoff made a point about it talking to Fatcessa, when he said "we had 40% of our cap designated to just a few guys"
    That I feel has ALWAYS been a problem in this organization, paying out way too much money for not enough production.
    If a new GM can change this, he'll change everything regarding this team.

I like Bradway, too. Overall the Jets do a decent job at scouting, but too often take on "projects." now that's fine if you are 12-4, 11-5 every year, but Jets need immediate impact guys now.

Quote Originally Posted by jetster View Post
    Agreed
    Look at who are highest paid players were:
    Sanchez- 35th ranked QB in the entire NFL
    Harris- Did he even play this year?
    Pace- SHOT!
    Scott- SHOT!
    Holmes- Missed the whole year & is probably the 35th best receiver in NFL
    Revis- Out the whole year

* I think Westhoff made a point about it talking to Fatcessa, when he said "we had 40% of our cap designated to just a few guys"
    That I feel has ALWAYS been a problem in this organization, paying out way too much money for not enough production.

If a new GM can change this, he'll change everything regarding this team.
    Harris was pretty productive, just not so hot in pass coverage. Top 20 in tackles, 3 sacks. Very high salary.

As for the cap issue. True that is so much goes to so few players (11 due to make at least 6.16 million toward cap next season -- albeit, a few guys will be gone). But that just kills the ability to sign NFL caliber depth. that's the big problem. The Pats have only 3 dudes set to make more than 6.16 mill next season. Smart contracts, have plenty of money for quality depth. Jets can do that in 2014, but this coming season is tough.

No doubt. If the new GM retains Bradway, we know nothing will really change and this is a long term descent into Browns/Lions/Raiders territory.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by DDNYjets View Post
    Bradway is actually regarded as one of the best scouts in the NFL.
    +1 He had Russell Wilson rated as one of the top QB's coming out the draft and the rest of the FO laughed at him and gave him the nickname "Russell Bradway" because of it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Rico View Post
    You realize that there's a 5 year gap in there?

I am not sure why so many people think Bradway is not any good. The best at what he does? of course not. but he's valuable

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    not a good recommendation...Many, Cassely included, are high on the Jets scouts...Again, your scouts can prepare the greatest, most accurate scouting reports on earth but if the decision makers (GM, HC) decide for themselves who to pick (Connor) and the coaching staff can't develop those picked how is that the scouts fault?
    Yup. Gotta keep Wrecks Ryan out of the war room.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNYJETS View Post
    +1 He had Russell Wilson rated as one of the top QB's coming out the draft and the rest of the FO laughed at him and gave him the nickname "Russell Bradway" because of it.
    Wouldn't surprise me if Bradway resigned and went elsewhere.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!

CUT 'EM ALL!!!

Hall Of Fame
    I think the scouting department is fine, it is all about having a GM who has a consistent philosophy in building the team through the draft and then having coaches in place who can develop these players. Shifting philosophies and trading away draft picks to go "all in" lends itself to being a very up and down franchise. Value draft picks, build the team through the draft and sprinkle in some free agents here and there is the direction the Jets should go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me if Bradway resigned and went elsewhere.
    Hope not but possible..The new guy might want his own guys..Who knows..But I believe Bradway's from the area so if he has a choice and still has a voice to the new guy I hope he stays..

Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post
    I think the scouting department is fine, it is all about having a GM who has a consistent philosophy in building the team through the draft and then having coaches in place who can develop these players. Shifting philosophies and trading away draft picks to go "all in" lends itself to being a very up and down franchise. Value draft picks, build the team through the draft and sprinkle in some free agents here and there is the direction the Jets should go.
    Well said!

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by sec.101row23 View Post