Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Hampur 'Lets Root For Every Team That Isn't The Patriots' Weekend Football Thread

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boston Patriot View Post
    The only way the Ravens beat the Pats next week is if Ray brings his knife and takes out Brady.
    well, the Ravens do have Bernard Pollard

:sweeptheleg:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Since hten, I've been trying to come up with anything to make me think the Ravens can win, and I got nothing. Initial reaction is usually the right one.
    They'll need at least 3+ turnovers.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    They'll need at least 3+ turnovers.
    At least one turnover, and it's gotta be a pick-6.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    At least one turnover, and it's gotta be a pick-6.
    Gonna need a new avatar. Can't go on like this..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all your fault, really.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's all your fault, really.
    Maybe if you switch to a Jets avatar we'd get a real GM in place by now.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishooked View Post
    Maybe if you switch to a Jets avatar we'd get a real GM in place by now.
    Nah, this is the Jets. We'll be stuck with some mildly retarded a-hole, promoted from within the organization, who sucked before and will suck in his new role also. But it will be billed as "What we need now is continuity".

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not a fan of either guy, but I thought this was pretty cool (from Peter King's MMQB)

Ray Lewis was sick Saturday night, 90 minutes after the Ravens had stunned the Broncos here, and he was waiting in a stadium anteroom to be connected with Deion Sanders for an NFL Network interview. "Flu?'' someone asked him. He nodded in the midst of a coughing jag, said he'd had it all week, sounding like a Contagion victim. He did not look good, and if it hadn't been Deion on the other end, Lewis would have walked away. Then word came from a Ravens security man that waiting in the locker room was the vanquished Peyton Manning, who wanted to see him. And Lewis very much wanted to see Manning. As NFL Network technical people fiddled with the connection, seconds passed. Patience got thin.

"I'm missing a great warrior right now," Lewis said to no one, a sense of urgency in his voice.

After eight minutes, the interview was over and Lewis was unhooked and he walked back into the nearly deserted Ravens locker room. There was Manning, waiting in a charcoal suit with his wife, Ashley, and their 21-month-old son, Marshall. Hugs all around.

Ashley Manning, hugging Lewis, said: "I'm not very happy, but I'm happy for you,'' and she sounded like she meant it.

Peyton and Lewis talked quietly, out of earshot, for four minutes. It's right that no one would hear it. Manning had a sad smile most of the time, and Lewis a wide one.

Over the years, I've seen a few of these postgame meetings between friends or stars with admiration for each other. Most often it's a handshake, a few whispered words, a hug, and one is off to his team bus and the other off to his life. This was longer. This was one of the greatest linebackers of all time, in the last month of his football life, and one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time, after one of his toughest losses, who had to say goodbye to Lewis. I heard only one word out of either man, standing a few yards away, and it was Lewis saying, "Respect.'' Not sure of the context, but come on. Connect the dots.

The buses were waiting for Lewis, and he had to go, but Ashley said, with a touch of the fan in her, and knowing that Marshall Manning one day would appreciate it, "Can I get a picture?"

Peyton Manning, Ray Lewis, Marshall Manning. Smiling for the iPhone.

A powerful, cool moment on a weekend full of them. None quite like this one.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2HxxZIKSP

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think I could stomach seeing NE in another SB, i could see the Ravens coming out flat as they just won their SB yesterday...
    I know that Baltimore had the benefit f all those Manning turnovers, but let's not forget that Denver had 2 returns for TDs. Game wasn't nearly as close as it seemed. I think the Ravens have a good shot next week.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetworks View Post
    I know that Baltimore had the benefit f all those Manning turnovers, but let's not forget that Denver had 2 returns for TDs. Game wasn't nearly as close as it seemed. I think the Ravens have a good shot next week.
    Yes, a 14 point gift for Manning to work with as well.
    I think the cold weather really played a factor. A younger QB probably sluffed off the cold as an annoyance, but an older QB, used to playing in room temperature venues like domes, had to play a part. Peyton never looked at home to me in the cold.

Maybe Elway overlooked this somewhat...but he's defintely a hell of a car salesman.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, a 14 point gift for Manning to work with as well.
    I think the cold weather really played a factor. A younger QB probably sluffed off the cold as an annoyance, but an older QB, used to playing in room temperature venues like domes, had to play a part. Peyton never looked at home to me in the cold.

Maybe Elway overlooked this somewhat...but he's defintely a hell of a car salesman.
    Weather in Colorado is crazy. One day its 65 and sunny and the next you're getting buried in a blizzard. IIRC, most of Denver's home playoff games have been played in moderate temperatures. But the weather definitely affected Peyton on Saturday.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nyahay bus View Post
    Weather in Colorado is crazy. One day its 65 and sunny and the next you're getting buried in a blizzard. IIRC, most of Denver's home playoff games have been played in moderate temperatures. But the weather definitely affected Peyton on Saturday.

Reminded me of how much better Eli handled the cold against dickk pic in '07 in OT.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    [/B]

Reminded me of how much better Eli handled the cold against dickk pic in '07 in OT.
    Don't know if you read the Sports Guy on Grantland, but one of his gambling rules is don't take an old QB on a cold day. The way Farve played that day is exhibit A for that theory.

Plus throw in 4 neck surgeries and there was no way Peyton was going to be himself in that game.