Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 393

Thread: The Denver loss validates Tebow's ability to just Win

  1. #181
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Yeah, I'm not touching that one.

    Too far.
    Its hard enough being a Jets fan for the past 40+ years. The Tebow Tards have made being a Jets fan almost unbearable since last march. Some times, its necessary to let certain groups know that they are not wanted or needed.

  2. #182
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Its hard enough being a Jets fan for the past 40+ years. The Tebow Tards have made being a Jets fan almost unbearable since last march. Some times, its necessary to let certain groups know that they are not wanted or needed.
    I understand, but the whole "nail him to a cross" thing was just a bit much for me.

    Can't endorse that one.

  3. #183
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    I understand, but the whole "nail him to a cross" thing was just a bit much for me.

    Can't endorse that one.
    I stand by my words. Agree to Disagree

  4. #184
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I stand by my words. Agree to Disagree
    Indeed.

  5. #185
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    5,146
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im tired of the tebow stuff. I hope he likes canada

  6. #186
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    6,163
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ubrnostrum View Post
    I love how the OP ditched his thread and let the other little minions run with it.
    It's called "trolling" - and there's no easier target than someone who thinks writing "Teblow" is clever.

  7. #187
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,227
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    I stand by my words. Agree to Disagree
    For some of us, this is sacrilege. I get your point, but to think this isn't offensive to many is ignorant.

  8. #188
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    For some of us, this is sacrilege. I get your point, but to think this isn't offensive to many is ignorant.
    I'm not saying its not offensive to a few, but its really not a concern to be totally honest

  9. #189
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tai-Mai-Shu View Post
    Yeah, that int wasn't his fault either.
    Which one? The pick six or the one that handed the game to the Ravens in the second OT?

  10. #190
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    jetman,

    In the words of Stephen A. Smith, "I feel very uncomfortable where we just went" in regards to that "cross" remark you mentioned.

    I slam Teblow because he SUCKS but would never slam ANYONE because of their beliefs nor make light/joke around about them.

  11. #191
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodfellaz View Post
    And that D was the second worst in the league.
    The Pats defense has given up less points than the Jets in each of the last two years and were pretty close in the year before that.

  12. #192
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    jetman,

    In the words of Stephen A. Smith, "I feel very uncomfortable where we just went" in regards to that "cross" remark you mentioned.

    I slam Teblow because he SUCKS but would never slam ANYONE because of their beliefs nor make light/joke around about them.
    Indeed. Let's limit this to what happens on the field.

  13. #193
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    10,488
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    jetman,

    In the words of Stephen A. Smith, "I feel very uncomfortable where we just went" in regards to that "cross" remark you mentioned.

    I slam Teblow because he SUCKS but would never slam ANYONE because of their beliefs nor make light/joke around about them.
    The cross remark was a direct shot at his cult.

    I stand by what I said.

    Geez some people get so uptight over religion. I bet you would have had a for when Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.

  14. #194
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The cross remark was a direct shot at his cult.

    I stand by what I said.

    Geez some people get so uptight over religion. I bet you would have had a for when Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.
    Not really. They didn't say anything about nailing people to crosses.

    It's just a little messed up, mate. That's all.

  15. #195
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,037
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    The cross remark was a direct shot at his cult.

    I stand by what I said.

    Geez some people get so uptight over religion. I bet you would have had a for when Lennon said the Beatles were more popular than Jesus.
    Lennon's comment was was bemoaning the fact that too many people were Beatle worshipers instead of believers in Jesus. His comment was actually pro-religion and not a knock. He tried to explain that but too many people ran with the inaccurate interpretation that was fed to us by the mediots.

    It's become pretty obvious that the Tebow hate is due to his religious beliefs. Why else would a player who barely plays elicit such negativity from so many people. He hardly plays at all.

    JaxSuzy was right on target with an earlier post.

  16. #196
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    10,674
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ No.



    The Tebow hate is because he IS OVERRATED by both the Media AND his fans.


    He stinks.

  17. #197
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ No.



    The Tebow hate is because he IS OVERRATED by both the Media AND his fans.


    He stinks.
    +1

    Peyton choking in another big game does nothing to validate Teabag.

  18. #198
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    14,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    ^ No.



    The Tebow hate is because he IS OVERRATED by both the Media AND his fans.


    He stinks.
    Exactly. Trying to pass it off as being due to his religion is just a cheap excuse.

  19. #199
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,758
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Exactly. Trying to pass it off as being due to his religion is just a cheap excuse.
    Tebow is the right-wing Muhammed Ali and unfortunately he will continue to be shoved down our throats by the media and his legions of die-hard fans. I don't think he ends up in Canada just yet but after his next stint with Kansas City I think he plays in the CFL.

  20. #200
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Posts
    1,002
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    Tebow is the right-wing Muhammed Ali and unfortunately he will continue to be shoved down our throats by the media and his legions of die-hard fans. I don't think he ends up in Canada just yet but after his next stint with Kansas City I think he plays in the CFL.
    That's unfair. Perhaps that is what the media wishes to turn himself into, but to compare Tebow with Ali? Come on.

    Ali couldn't shut his mouth, the only thing Tebow does is give thanks to Jesus and will take a knee on the field and pray. I do not see how they compare. The real issue is that these two actions, the knee and saying thanks to Jesus, spurns people with an axe to grind against religion. It is they who have made this "Tebow monster."

    Not Tim Tebow.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us