Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Denver loss validates Tebow's ability to just Win

Quote Originally Posted by jetman67 View Post
    Teblow proved in training camp and in practice that he is not a NFL QB. Why else do you think that Denver wanted to be rid of him? Besides his family being a pain in the butt. The vast majority of the Jets fan base didnt want him and realized in the beginning that the trade was a huge mistake.

Add in his fan base who thinks he is the new Messiah and you have a team that is the biggest mess in the history of the league.

I believe I speak for the vast majority of long time Jets fans when I say we cant wait to be rid of him and his trailer trash fan base.

I believe I speak for the vast majority of long time Jets fans when I say we cant wait to be rid of him and his trailer trash fan base.
    Well said.

Cut the scrub and save $1.5 mil against the cap already.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreaming Daddy View Post
    False. The Broncos were 1-4 prior to his 1st start.
    oops, had just looked at his espn game log from last season. He still sucks anyway.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    Exactly

Plays like sh*t in practice? Check

Plays like sh*t when given a chance to see the field? Check

But Tebow deserves special treatment?

Why? Because he's Tim Tebow?

LOL

Get the f*ck outta here
    You get the **** outta here. Of the 3 QB's on the Jet roster, by about week 12 it was very clear that Sanchez was killing this team via poor ball security. Ryan's failure to start the #2 QB proves that either:

A. His skill as a talent evaluator is lacking, or
    B. He stubbornly, knowingly refused to play the backup who had 16 NFL starts under his belt and had demonstrated better ball security than Sanchez.

In either case, it made zero sense. Ryan is either a stone cold buffoon or a gutless punk who put his personal agenda ahead of the team.

Practice Squad
    Quote Originally Posted by Badaxe View Post
    You get the **** outta here. Of the 3 QB's on the Jet roster, by about week 12 it was very clear that Sanchez was killing this team via poor ball security. Ryan's failure to start the #2 QB proves that either:

B. He stubbornly, knowingly refused to play the backup who had 16 NFL starts under his belt and had demonstrated better ball security than Sanchez.

In either case, it made zero sense. Ryan is either a stone cold buffoon or a gutless punk who put his personal agenda ahead of the team.
    I think you and your cult are lacking skill as talent evaluators - you think a guy that is currently wanted by 0 of 32 NFL teams to be the starter for this team

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Teblow proved in training camp and in practice that he is not a NFL QB. Why else do you think that Denver wanted to be rid of him? Besides his family being a pain in the butt. The vast majority of the Jets fan base didnt want him and realized in the beginning that the trade was a huge mistake.

Add in his fan base who thinks he is the new Messiah and you have a team that is the biggest mess in the history of the league.

Rex DID make a change though. To McElroy. The reason you and the rest of the Tebow fans in this thread are up in arms is because it wasn't Tim despite the fact that there were a million factors that played a role in that choice. You ever think that Rex didn't play him because he practiced like sh*t (well known that Teebs sucks in practice even going back to denver) and he really wasn't impressing anyone? He also asked his staff what they thought and they all said Greg. Think of that? No you didn't, because that doesn't fit your goddamn Tebow obsessed agenda. This is exactly what fans of this TEAM are fed up with around here. Guys like you make every friggin thing about how poor Tim was mistreated and lied too by the big ole meanie Rex despite the fact he did nothing to deserve a start. Greg came in, managed, and won a game. THIS YEAR. He EARNED that chance to start.

Oh and btw, Tebow isn't that much better with turnovers. He fumbles a lot. And when you complete less than 50% of your passes on very few attempts, you aren't going to turn the ball over that much. It's not that hard to figure out that you cant really pick off un-catchable passes. Oh wait! He was so damn inaccurate last year that it ACTUALLY did happen against the Bears when he tried to throw it away.

I find it laughable that you tell a longtime JETS fan to "gtfo" on a JETS message board when the sad reality is that you're simply here for one damn player. You aren't a Jets fan, you're basically a tennant here, waiting for the day where Tim is released from the evil & satanic clutches of Rex and Jets so you can follow him like a lost dog. You can get the f*ck out of here because your boy will most likely be playing elsewhere next year and this board will no longer serve a purpose to you. That is of course completely dependent on whether or not he actually manages to find someone willing to give him the shot at QB that you seem to think he is entitled to for less than a seasons worth of work.
    Last edited by Mogglez; 01-15-2013 at 02:41 AM.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Sorry Mogglez. I am here to stay. I am a Jet fan.

In analyzing the CAP, the QB's on this roster, the upcoming draft, and potential trades/free agents, I believe the Jets are better served by keeping Tebow in 2013.

Any internet tough guy trying to run me off can kiss my arse.

In analyzing the CAP, the QB's on this roster, the upcoming draft, and potential trades/free agents, I believe the Jets are better served by keeping Tebow in 2013.

http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=250557

Greetings fellow football fans! I was banned today from the GangGreen Forum. I am a Denver Broncos fan who enjoys watching Tebow play QB.

In the process I have found myself pulling for the Jets - Tebow or no Tebow in the lineup.

I live in Wasilla, AK & love the NFL & general football talk.
    No you are not. Stop saying that you are. You will be a Jets "fan" as long as Tim is on this roster. You will only care about this team as long as Tim is on this roster. You only care about Tim and the teams that he's on when he's on them. Seeing that Tim's tenure here is just about over, you should probably take some time off from telling real fans like Untouchable to gtfo and follow that same advice.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogglez View Post

No you are not. Stop saying that you are. You will be a Jets "fan" as long as Tim is on this roster. You will only care about this team as long as Tim is on this roster. You only care about Tim and the teams that he's on when he's on them. Seeing that Tim's tenure here is just about over, you should probably take some time off from telling real fans like Untouchable to gtfo and follow that same advice.

Quote Originally Posted by 10PennyToColes87 View Post
    Quoting McDawg: "Gottem".

Jets Insider VIP
    Quoting McDawg: "Gottem".
    That's why you're CKC, MogDawg.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny Testaverde's Niece View Post
    Sparano was unable to figure out how to use Tebow. You've admitted it. So what would have been the point of increasing his playing time if he couldn't use him? Why do you clueless Tebowites insist they just should have used him more, if he didn't know what to do with him?
    Sweetheart, I'll put my football knowledge up against your's any day of the week, so, you might want to be careful with throwing around the "clueless" tag.

That said, I don't recall seeing anyone argue simply that Tebow should have been used more.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Sweetheart, I'll put my football knowledge up against your's any day of the week, so, you might want to be careful with throwing around the "clueless" tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    How hard is it for you to understand that Tebow still has the same elongated, goofy ass throwing motion that he's had since college?

How hard is it for you to understand that the guy looked like complete dogsh*t for 55 minutes in basically every game last year with the Broncos before pulling a couple of last second wins out of his ass?

How hard is it for you to understand that you can't expect to contend for championships with that kind of play from your QB?

It's not just Jets fans who see Tebow for what he is. It's basically everyone outside of his freakish, cultist fanbase. Caldwell didn't give a second thought to completely dismissing the idea of bringing him in.

How a bunch of grown ass men could obsess over another grown man is f*cking weird. Especially a player as utterly mediocre as Tebow.

Ummm, he DOESN'T have the same loopy throwing motion that he had in college. It's still a "long" motion compared to many in the NFL, but it's much shorter, more compact and quicker than it used to be.

As to the Broncos games, I watched every play in every one of them, did you ? Did you happen to notice any changes in play calling and scheme usually starting somewhere in the 4th Q ? I'll help you out a bit. In most cases, Denver found themselves behind after running a very conservative offense for the entire game. At some point in the 4th Q, they'd open things up and go with a Spread offense from the shotgun.

If you want, you can head over to the Broncos team forum, pull up the game day threads from last year and you can see many people screaming for McCoy to open things up and go with a Spread attack. But, come the next game, there's Denver in a tightly packed offensive set with 2 receivers out running patterns.

Now, I'm not going to sit here and argue that Tebow would have had a 60% completion %, because he wouldn't have regardless of the system. But, he probably would have been above 50% which is that magic number that people **** bricks over. Additionally, the offense would have been more effective during the early parts of games.

One other thing to point out. You asked how hard it is for me "to understand that you can't expect to contend for championships with that kind of play from your QB?"

The kid only had 3 previous starts before taking over in 2011. At the end of the season, he'd had a whopping 16 starts to his credit. Did he play like a seasoned vet ? No, of course not. Funny thing though, why would he be expected to ? Do you notice the huge difference in standards being applied ? Blaine Gabbert didn't look good in 2011 but there he was as the starter in 2012. Christian Ponder didn't look very good in 2011, but he's still the starter in Minnesota. Jake Locker hasn't looked very good this year, but he'll probably be the starter in 2013 for Tennessee. Why ? Because those guys are held to the "normal" standard, which is that young QB's tend to struggle and they are given time to develop.

Tebow, on the other hand, is held to a ridiculously high standard for a young, inexperienced QB. Just look at what you wrote "can't expect to contend for championships". What other young QB has ever been held to that kind of standard ?

Why did they want to be rid of him ? Because they had a shot, and got, Peyton Freaking Manning. Duh.

As to why they didn't keep him, just look at the arguments that JET fans are making here about Mark Sanchez and next year. Some say keep him and let him be the backup, as he's being paid a **** ton of money, BUT, others point out how that could cause problems on any number of fronts.

There are only a couple of situations where you replace the starting QB and keep the other guy around. It really only happens when a QB is older and is basically being put out to pasture. Even then, teams will usually let the guy go and bring in some other "older" vet.

Look around the league right now and think about QBs who are going to be let go. Vick and Alex Smith come to mind, both of whom are "good" QBs and better than whatever backup QBs the Eagles and the 49'ers will have next year.

Actually, another topic to look at to see the same dynamic is the Tanny issue. Some were arguing that he could have been demoted back to bean counter or something, and others talked about how fractious that would be and how unfair it would be to the new GM. It's the same concept at play.

All Pro
    Rex DID make a change though. To McElroy. The reason you and the rest of the Tebow fans in this thread are up in arms is because it wasn't Tim despite the fact that there were a million factors that played a role in that choice. You ever think that Rex didn't play him because he practiced like sh*t (well known that Teebs sucks in practice even going back to denver) and he really wasn't impressing anyone? He also asked his staff what they thought and they all said Greg. Think of that? No you didn't, because that doesn't fit your goddamn Tebow obsessed agenda. This is exactly what fans of this TEAM are fed up with around here. Guys like you make every friggin thing about how poor Tim was mistreated and lied too by the big ole meanie Rex despite the fact he did nothing to deserve a start. Greg came in, managed, and won a game. THIS YEAR. He EARNED that chance to start.

Oh and btw, Tebow isn't that much better with turnovers. He fumbles a lot. And when you complete less than 50% of your passes on very few attempts, you aren't going to turn the ball over that much. It's not that hard to figure out that you cant really pick off un-catchable passes. Oh wait! He was so damn inaccurate last year that it ACTUALLY did happen against the Bears when he tried to throw it away.

I find it laughable that you tell a longtime JETS fan to "gtfo" on a JETS message board when the sad reality is that you're simply here for one damn player. You aren't a Jets fan, you're basically a tennant here, waiting for the day where Tim is released from the evil & satanic clutches of Rex and Jets so you can follow him like a lost dog. You can get the f*ck out of here because your boy will most likely be playing elsewhere next year and this board will no longer serve a purpose to you. That is of course completely dependent on whether or not he actually manages to find someone willing to give him the shot at QB that you seem to think he is entitled to for less than a seasons worth of work.
    hey what matters a QB who has really really good practices (suckchez) or a QB that can win on gameday despite bad practices (Tebow) all we are saying is he never got a fair shot and no one can say he did.

In order to compare suckchez to tebow they both have to have EQUAL I know it is hard for jets fans to rationalize what equal means but try playing experiences.

when two dragsters are running the quarter mile it doesn't matter if one is the past champion and the other a guy who has never been close to a championship they both start at the line..........same thing with QB's

Quote Originally Posted by ucrenegade View Post
    hey what matters a QB who has really really good practices (suckchez) or a QB that can win on gameday despite bad practices (Tebow) all we are saying is he never got a fair shot and no one can say he did.

In order to compare suckchez to tebow they both have to have EQUAL I know it is hard for jets fans to rationalize what equal means but try playing experiences.

when two dragsters are running the quarter mile it doesn't matter if one is the past champion and the other a guy who has never been close to a championship they both start at the line..........same thing with QB's
    My issue doesn't with the player or anything like that whatsoever. You and I have discussed this before back when the trade first went down and my feelings remain the same. If Mark Sanchez faltered and Tebow had shown the coaches that he has improved enough as a passer to run the offense effectively, then he should be in there. My guess as to what happened is simple. Tebow didn't show drastic improvement. He struggled in practice and Rex wasn't willing to risk his job in the hopes Tebow could pull off another miracle. I really feel that this was the case and there is no giant friggin conspiracy against Tim that all the Tebow fans believe exists. I also believe that if Greg McElroy didn't hide his concussion in week 17 we would have actually gotten to see Tim start.I try to look at this situation as objectively as possible.

Im no longer 100% sold on Rex. However, I still like him enough to give him one more year to show us that he is still the coach who brought us to 2 championship games. I think firing him now would have been a mistake. I also feel that he handled this situation the best he could with the exception of one big thing. The benching of Sanchez. I think it should have been done right after "butt-fumble". That was it for him. He mentally checked out after that game IMO and the proper thing to do was bench him for McElroy not Tebow and I'll explain why.

Greg was developmental and you needed to see something strong from him to keep him in the role of starter. Especially if you're Tanny and Greg being the next Tom Brady could save your ass. You could place Mark as the third QB and continue to use Tebow in the wildcat. Should he struggle too? Then I think you let Tebow loose and see what he could do. This allows you enough time to evaluate all three guys and decide what you want to do with them going forward.

You're a Jets fan first man and I know you like Tebow, but the one thing that drove me nuts in the post I was addressing was that now we've got the Tebow nuts telling other long-time posters to get off this board. WTF? This is a message board for JETS fans, something BadAxe is not. Guys like him follow Tim wherever he goes and start crap with posters thread after thread just because they just don't see Tebow as a long-term starter. He'll be gone the day after Tim is cut and he's telling others who have been here a while discussing their favorite TEAM , not player, to "get the f*ck out"? Its getting tiresome to deal with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1esrEb9p0Wc