Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: The Denver loss validates Tebow's ability to just Win

Hall Of Fame
    Its good to see that the homeless Tebow hobos have a place to get in out of the cold and get a hot meal. This thread gives them a semblance of normalcy where they can perpetuate their delusion.

Quote Originally Posted by McGinley View Post
    Apparently.
    It's part of his intangibles. He has the intagible asset of getting all the credit for his defense and special teams. He's on the field even when he's not. INTANGIBLES and AURA yo!

Quote Originally Posted by Snell41 View Post
    It's part of his intangibles. He has the intagible asset of getting all the credit for his defense and special teams. He's on the field even when he's not. INTANGIBLES and AURA yo!
    That must be what Skip Bayless was talking about.

Practice Squad
    Well they didn't in the last 3 games of the season, when they needed one win to clinch the division. Their superstar "all he does is win games" QB led them to and 0-3 performance, 5 fumbles, 3 lost, 4 INT's, and a 13 point average per game, including a blowout loss to a dismal BUF team and a 7-3 losst to one of the worst teams in the league. But I'm sure the forces of Tebow were in play for the 50 things that all needed to happen for them to back in through the worst division in the league.
    LOL, you are really stuck on personnel stats and forget about who is at the helm when the final results are in, I will say it one last time, I don't care what my leaders stats are, all I look for is the W when the clock says :00, thats the only stat I need.

BTW, since you love stats here are some, the great Peyton Manning took 6 years before he could win a playoff game, he was 0-3 his first 3 attempts, he is a choker. His first season as a QB he went 3-13, his first 4 years as a starter he was 32-32, Tebow btw was 7-4 as a starter and won his very first playoff game and yes he won it stat man, 316 yds 2 TD's 0 INT's.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Tebow is better than Peyton Manning

Quote Originally Posted by vinniekt View Post
    LOL, you are really stuck on personnel stats and forget about who is at the helm when the final results are in, I will say it one last time, I don't care what my leaders stats are, all I look for is the W when the clock says :00, thats the only stat I need.

BTW, since you love stats here are some, the great Peyton Manning took 6 years before he could win a playoff game, he was 0-3 his first 3 attempts, he is a choker. His first season as a QB he went 3-13, his first 4 years as a starter he was 32-32, Tebow btw was 7-4 as a starter and won his very first playoff game and yes he won it stat man, 316 yds 2 TD's 0 INT's.
    Yes, he was at the helm, when his team NEEDED just one win in the last 3 games. He fumbled, bumbled, herped and derped the games away turning it over time and again. 0-3 when the clock said :00. Just one game needed against NE, BUF, or KC. 13 ppg average, which actually wasn't much worse than his norm of 16 points.

The secondary sure is the big reason why denver lost.. Manning had a good game for the most part, but did have the big pick in the end.. John Fox deserves a big part of the blame..Or the OC. who's ever idea it was to play super conservtive at the end.. it was 3rd and 5 ? denver's last poss. of reg. They ran for nothing.. Just to make ravens burn another timeout as if they already conceded to the punt.. that was a cowardly move.. Go for the 1st down with a pass, if they got it game over there..

So, it's ok when Tebow's D carries him, but not when Peyton's D carries him? Ok, sounds legit.
    I never said anything about Tebow. Manning is just not that great in the POs is all.

So, what vinny is saying is that he doesn't like stats unless they work for his agenda. He proved that when he wouldn't post the stats from Tim's 2011 divisional round appearance.

Tim had a solid game against Pitt. Gotta give the guy credit. Problem is that he rarely does anything remotely close to that, yet he's hyped up as if he does. Tim plays absolutely terribly while his Defense and STs carry him. Then, he'll finally do something at the end of the game and take all the credit for it.

Either way, I hope you enjoy him in the CFL or AFL. Peace out.

Practice Squad
    Yes, he was at the helm, when his team NEEDED just one win in the last 3 games. He fumbled, bumbled, herped and derped the games away turning it over time and again. 0-3 when the clock said :00. Just one game needed against NE, BUF, or KC. 13 ppg average, which actually wasn't much worse than his norm of 16 points.
    Remind me, which team won the division again?

Practice Squad
    So, what vinny is saying is that he doesn't like stats unless they work for his agenda. He proved that when he wouldn't post the stats from Tim's 2011 divisional round appearance.

Tim had a solid game against Pitt. Gotta give the guy credit. Problem is that he rarely does anything remotely close to that, yet he's hyped up as if he does. Tim plays absolutely terribly while his Defense and STs carry him. Then, he'll finally do something at the end of the game and take all the credit for it.

Either way, I hope you enjoy him in the CFL or AFL. Peace out.
    My agenda is wins, thats it, I don't care how he does it.

And if he does do something at the end of a game you can bet your ass he should take the credit, the same way Peyton "Choking" Manning should get pounced on for throwing a virtual game ending INT. Winners win losers lose.

Remind me, which team won the division again?
    Through circumstances out of their control they backed in, whereas a simple win (isn't that what Tebow does??) would have clinched it.

Practice Squad
    Through circumstances out of their control they backed in, whereas a simple win (isn't that what Tebow does??) would have clinched it.
    You mean the same way the N.Y. Giants barely won the division last year at 9-7 ant then won the SB?

Yeah, because Tebow and the Broncos are the only ones to have ever backed into the playoffs or had a three game losing streak.

Facts are still the facts. He took over a team that was 1-4 and pretty much out of the playoff picture. He went 7-4 and got them in the playoffs.

Practice Squad

I'm Through

I'm done, I know one thing and that is Tebow is a winner, unorthodox, maybe, not a prolific passer, true but a winner, absolutely.

When someone in the NFL finally catches on to that and gives him a chance the ones that would not give him the opportunity will have no one to blame but themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes9 View Post
    Yeah, because Tebow and the Broncos are the only ones to have ever backed into the playoffs or had a three game losing streak.

Facts are still the facts. He took over a team that was 1-4 and pretty much out of the playoff picture. He went 7-4 and got them in the playoffs.
    No, HE did not. THEY did.

No, HE did not. THEY did.

Point out which Bronco defender drove 95 yards against the Jets for the game winning TD.

Which Broncos defender threw the ball for close to 200 yards in 4th Q and overtime in the Bears game ?

Let's go back to the Jets game and really look at it. YES, the defense played balls out and kept the game close. They even scored on a pick 6. BUT, even with that, with 5:54 to play, the Broncos were DOWN by 3 and were on their own 5 yard line. If Tebow doesn't take them down for the score, they LOSE a close game.

But, Tebow did just that. He drove 95 yards down the field and won the game. That is a fact that you just can't argue with.

You can say that Denver would have gotten blown out if not for the good D that game. You can say that Denver should have never been in that position if they had a better QB. But what you can not deny is that Tebow had the game winning drive.

Who cares? Tebow's NFL career is over.

That's the one thing the Jets did right this year....crushing that overrated protestant's career like a tin can.

Good luck in the CFL, Tim.

Point out which Bronco defender drove 95 yards against the Jets for the game winning TD.

Which Broncos defender threw the ball for close to 200 yards in 4th Q and overtime in the Bears game ?

Let's go back to the Jets game and really look at it. YES, the defense played balls out and kept the game close. They even scored on a pick 6. BUT, even with that, with 5:54 to play, the Broncos were DOWN by 3 and were on their own 5 yard line. If Tebow doesn't take them down for the score, they LOSE a close game.

But, Tebow did just that. He drove 95 yards down the field and won the game. That is a fact that you just can't argue with.

You can say that Denver would have gotten blown out if not for the good D that game. You can say that Denver should have never been in that position if they had a better QB. But what you can not deny is that Tebow had the game winning drive.
    Mark Sanchez has more 4th quarter comebacks than Tim Tebow...
    Sanchez sucks!

End Thread!!!

A Peyton Manning led Denver Bronco team lost today, it absolutely validates what us so-called Teboow-ites proclaim, all he does is win. Manning may be one of the best TRUE PASSERS all time and yet he could not accomplish what Tim did. Tim also won on the road against Big Ben, Peyton is at home against Joe Flacco (LOL) and this Denver team is heads above last years Denver team.

So is drop back passing overrated and can it be supplanted by a read-option type offense? Yes, yes, yes, its just that fans despise it, it's not as exciting.

No excuses now but I'm sure lots of them will be coming up.

Suck it up Elway you screwed up and so did you Rex.

Took me a while to realize that this wasn't a parody thread.